• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Angels of Death

Hacked !

My buddy’s activision account got hacked and he’s been trying to get a hold of activision support. I’ve seen a lot of people complain about their support, and I’m wondering if anyone has a better way for my buddy to get his account back quickly ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angels of Death

DizzyDemon

Recruit
Did your friend have 2 factor authentication? For someone to get access to my Activision account they would need the log in details not just for my Activision account, they would also need the details for my Blizzard account and access to my phone to get into my game account, if I'm not mistaken.

The same for console players, there is a 2 tier login procedure that's backed with 2 factor authentication, unless I am mistaken.

I am also pretty certain that all of this security is required before a person can play the game.

Did your friend have 2 factor authentication? For someone to get access to my Activision account they would need the log in details not just for my Activision account, they would also need the details for my Blizzard account and access to my phone to get into my game account, if I'm not mistaken.

The same for console players, there is a 2 tier login procedure that's backed with 2 factor authentication, unless I am mistaken.

I am also pretty certain that all of this security is required before a person can play the game.
So maybe he’s not hacked ? But when he goes to play Modern Warfare, all he’s stats are reset to zero and he’s rank one and all in game purchases are gone. As if he has restarted when he hasn’t.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private

Not really true. Not saying you're wrong, but we don't really know anything about this, other than youtubers speaking out about it...

View: https://youtu.be/IIeZNtQ5HUU

Here's another account of what happened...

View: https://youtu.be/YCM0tFL4v5Q

The second one is obvious because he was playing on PC. We know that Battlenet isn't really secure... if you play World of Warcraft or Starcraft, you'll know what I'm talking about. It was and still is a huge issue. You'll get scammed here and there. It's a whole subject on its own, so its not surprising to me. I think the whole Activision account is stupid on its own. Fucking Microsoft and Discord, man. Really screwed up ideas that'll hurt everyone.

DizzyDemon

Recruit
O M G !!! I just watched both videos, this is not just bad, this is seriously BAAAD, and I'm keeping it polite, but deep inside the rage levels are sky high and my profanity filters have had to be overclocked with LN2 cooling to keep this post clean.

Ok, that's just not acceptable at any level, but I think there are legal avenues we can go down, at least for us Citizens in the UK and Europe because if it's that easy for people to be able to get into our accounts and then access information relating to our emails, social accounts and maybe even payment methods, then we have protection under the GDPR and grounds to report Activision to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).

If Activision do not correct these issues and respond to allegations that they have neglected to take measures to safeguard their customer data then they could face heavy fines, fines that would be considerably more than it would cost to implement account security for customer accounts.

I just spoke to an ICO agent on chat about what to do if we have concerns about our data security, this is the response I got from him:

1. I'm afraid it is neither my role, nor the role of the ICO's live services, to provide an assessment on any data protection concerns an individual brings to us. The function of this chat is to provide you with brief/general advice about your rights and aspects of the legislation.

2. If you are concerned about the way Activision is handling your information, you should first raise this in writing/e-mail with them. We expect them to take action to resolve your concern. We have more guidance and a template letter in relation to raising a concern here: https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/raising-concerns/
So, start by reaching out to Activision using this template letter, the letter suggest giving them a 30-day period to respond.

Further (or prior depending on how you feel) to that, you can also take a look at Activision's Privacy Policy where they proudly show off their ESRB Privacy Certified Program membership.

You can raise a complaint about your account being hacked with ESBR here.

I hope this helps.

Just to clarify, don't contact ESRB about your friend's account being hacked, contact them about how Activision have not taken adequate steps to allow your friend to secure the account and the data held within it.

Make it about the account and privacy, not about the hack.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

DizzyDemon

Recruit
@Efrain Balbuena We haven't heard back from you in a while, did you friend get his account sorted?

If so, then how? It would be helpful to have that information on heret for future reference, incase it comes up again.

@Efrain Balbuena We haven't heard back from you in a while, did you friend get his account sorted?

If so, then how? It would be helpful to have that information on heret for future reference, incase it comes up again.
He has tried everything and anything to get a hold of them and no response and even the chat has not given him an opportunity to talk to them. There’s no number to call or even just talk to someone to make his account available to him again

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Zezno Account Hacked. Need Help! General Call of Duty 0
monnow Hacked lobby Call of Duty Media 0
L0l0 I Got Hacked :( Call of Duty Media 0