1. Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: WWII, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Hardcore players ignored, a plea to the creators

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare' started by ro00o, Jan 2, 2015.

Sponsored
  1. ro00o

ro00o Banned

Hardcore game modes in Advanced Warfare were left out in the rain. This is simply a message to the creators/community from a hardcore TDM enthusiast.. A message describing how bad hardcore modes are in AW (I had to switch to core for the first time because hardcore is so worthless) and a PLEA TO THE CREATORS begging them to see what I loved about hardcore and how it is now gone.

I've played hardcore TDM in almost every COD. I played extensively in MW, WAW, MW2, BO, MW3, BO2, and AW (for how long it has been out). AW's hardcore is easily the worst. This is why:

In other games, you couldn't jump around with a jetpack. This allows players to generate offense much more aggressively, and combined with the low-health aspect of hardcore modes it is simply too much offense. This combined with no killcam in hardcore (I never felt i NEEDED a killlcam until AW), you usually die without foggiest idea of how you actually died. It's just too much of a senseless slaughter with the future weapons, gadgets, and jumping (and they didn't even give us a map on our pause menu)

Secondly, most other CODs had one or two perks that only worked in core (bc they only functioned if you had a permanent HUD). In AW, there are TONS of attachments/perks that are absolutely worthless in hardcore. The exo abilities are a complete nonfactor in hardcore. tracker drones are at a disadvantage without the mini map to show their prey on, and the jet suppressor is a similarly meaningless perk in hardcore unless a UAV is up.

all of the stuff above pretty much makes hardcore worthless in this game. but it is also missing one crucial thing, which is just the IT factor. That one thing that just makes playing hardcore worth it. In WAW it was the STG-44 or the Gehwer, tapping people out across the map in hardcore. In MW2 it was the scar or the overpoweredness of one man army, the heartbeat sensor, getting nukes. so much fun. black ops also had some cool guns and good balance, along with the games after that.

i think this is mainly because in the previous games, you couldn't double jump etc. So you usually knew where to look a little better, and the drop-shot or pop-shot were two of the best ways to get kills (rather than the halo jump in AW). the stronger the guns, the more people need armor for the game to have any meaning. this is why most of the games with older guns were better balanced in hardcore.

BOTTOM LINE: HARDCORE PLAYERS DONT WANT THIS JUMPING FUTURISTIC NONSENSE. We want a true boots-on-the-ground shooter where gravity is an actual factor, and the guns aren't all so powerful that the game is a senseless death pit, forcing us to use armor in core. if we wanted a futuristic jumping shooter with armor, we would buy halo or unreal tournament. STICK TO WHAT HAS WORKED FOR YOU IN THE PAST!!!! why buy into all this flashy futuristic gimmicktry.

#1 ro00o, Jan 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  2. ro00o

ro00o Banned

i switched to core... then switched back to hardcore... then i just quit altogether. i just downloaded battlefield 4, forget COD. been getting worse and worse ever after MW2

3. Carlos

Carlos Owner
    Staff Member Private

Hardcore modes are designed for people who don't rely on maps and killcam to find players or re-find players. The problem you're facing is a cosmetic gameplay change. That's all.
    Explain a few of them, other than the following...
    One perk I would think that works in Hardcore is the hijack perk. Whatever it's called. I hate the perk, but it is effective against people who "track" you.
    Your "it factor" seems to be ...I'm sorry to say, but... cheating. Yes, exactly. OMA in MW2 was an unfair advantage that people abused to death, which is why MW2 is the most hated game in the series until Ghosts. Yeah, MW2 had other problems, but OMA was the one that broke the game.

Scar was a nice gun, but it can be countered.

One thing I agree with you on, is your Black Ops 2 comment, BO2 was the best game in the series in a while. That is, if you can get past the bugs, glitches and cheating.
    No. Actually, the series has gotten stale for some people. Advanced Warfare was meant to retain the same "It factor" that made COD4 wildly successful. Many people complain that AW copied either Halo (which had a 10 year head start on COD in the futuristic, double jumping stuff), or TitanFall.

The bottom line is, people have been bored of COD for years now because the developers aren't trying to impress or trying to be innovative, whatever it may be. Sledgehammer Games was brought in because they had something that Activision saw. And it shows in Advanced Warfare: Unique Sounds, Unique Story Mode, Unique Gameplay (Exo Abilities, and Exo Suits). Activision took a risk, it paid off, and they're going to retain Sledgehammer Games for their turn in the COD rotation. The trust in Sledgehammer Games as a independent studio has been established. Now, they're going to use their talent to the next level.
    It's not Activision's gimmick to buy into the flashy futuristic stuff, it's just that people's tastes has changed now that Next Generation is here.

And Unreal Tournament is now a "fan project" and not a franchise for Epic. So, we don't have anything like Unreal Tournament in the Next Generation. Halo 5 isn't coming until this year (2015) or next year (2016).

4. ro00o

ro00o Banned

my "it" factor isn't cheating. how can it be cheating when everyone can use it? your response seems a little emotional to me.

the "it" factor is, yes, one thing that is better than most everything else so most people use it. in WAW, the STG-44 was the only full-auto assault rifle and was therefor the it factor. MW2 it was one man army, and just because it is overpowered doesn't mean it's cheating. it just means that you are butthurt because you got owned by people who used it because they are smart enough to appreciate it for what it is and you are not. your whole response seems very emotional (sounds like you got owned by people like me in MW2, my FAVE cod) MW2 was not EVERYONEs least favorite COD, just because you feel like stating that doesn't mean its true. i understand that might be your guess or opinion, but don't talk to me as if you know what everyone likes or doesn't like.

the truth is, you NEED the it factor. because when you start balancing the guns just for the sake of balance, then theres no way to stand out. if you just make a couple guns shine out above the others, then most people will use them and, if you are good enough you can win with the other guns as well

without the it factor, hardcore is just watered down. trust me i know. I've had around a 2.00 kdr in every COD playing hardcore for the past decade, and i wasn't a perpetual camper or person who was always on a team of 6. and i got about 35 nukes back when MW2 was out int HC TDM

one time i even played power hour with my girlfriend while playing a HC TDM match, and i took a shot of beer every minute and never missed for power hour, and i still nuked the map

you seem to know a lot about what "everybody" wants or "everybodys tastes".... seems to me like they are just your tastes, everyone hasnt been "getting bored with COD for the past few years".... really? everyone got bored of COD? people stopped playing it? we couldnt find a game because it was dead? no i think not. its like the Wal-Mart of shooters, everyones tried it. its the single biggest name out there and HAS BEEN. you just make up nonsense and type it angrily without rereading it

my message is this: THERE ARE STILL A LOT OF PLAYERS WHO STILL WANT TO PLAY AN ACTUAL BALANCED GAME OF HARDCORE CALL OF DUTY BUT DONT WANT TO GO BACK TO THE OLD TITLES. hardcore COD is all about being realistic, it is not about jumping around with a jetpack like a jackass while you are trying to shoot someone

#4 ro00o, Jan 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2015
  5. Carlos

Carlos Owner
    Staff Member Private

Not emotional. I tell it, like I see it. You seem to praise OMA abuse, and defend it. I hate cheating, I hate hacking, I hate everything associated with. Clear? Good.
    Good and well. I understand it.
    Your tone, your attitude is condescending. First warning: Chill it.

No, people weren't smart by using OMA. No, they weren't. It's abuse, it's cheating. Period. No matter how you put it, or how you slice it. It's an exploit, which turns into cheating. It gave you unlimited ammos, and I think that's not what it was meant to be, or intended to be, but people exploited it massively. That's the problem that you don't understand.
    You talk highly of balancing, but OMA was a loophole that IW either didn't know how to patch, or didn't care to fix, because it's been exploited already. Why do you think there was a lot of backlash in those days? It's because of OMA.
    You're one of those K/D folks. K/D means nothing to people who actually want to have fun in COD. I've been playing since COD4.
    Here you go. Bragging. *roll eyes*
    Hahahaha. My tastes? Go back to the beginning of this post and see what I said: I hate cheaters with a passion. The Call of Duty community already ruined people's ability to have fun, and therefore left the games as it was... Why do you think you can't go on COD4 on PS3 today, and try a multiplayer game? It's because it's been hacked to death. Why do you think there's less players on WAW, BO, and whatnot? It's because it's been hacked to death.

I know the game is the "Wal-Mart" of shooters, but people have been complaining about COD for quite some time, and the sales speak for it. Some say that CODAW sales has been lower than CODGhosts, and likewise, CODGhosts sold less than BO2.

I'm not making shit up. Go look it up.
    Again: This is due to people's tastes changing. You want a balanced COD title? Go back to BO2. Plenty of players there. Either that, or get a job at Activision. Look at it from their perspective.

6. ro00o

ro00o Banned

you clearly know nothing about call of duty

7. Carlos

Carlos Owner
    Staff Member Private

I do. It's why I'm the owner of 5 Call of Duty sites, and you're testing me. I clearly said chill your attitude. You didn't listen. So, that's strike #2. Next one is your last chance to clean up your attitude.

8. ro00o

ro00o Banned

using items that the creators put in the game is not cheating. quit crying. its abuse? awwww poor you. havent you heard if you cant beat them join them? well maybe when u kept getting stomped u should have tried it if it is so overpowered, and you wouldnt have hated MW2 so much. because nobody can be cheating because you are all using the same thing. it just means you werent as good at using that thing

and yes im condescending to you because i can tell that you are a noob who "just wants to have fun" ... and cant because you are always getting owned. quit crying on my post.

9. Carlos

Carlos Owner
    Staff Member Private

I clearly warned you. Good day.

---- Admin Notes ---

User Banned
    User IP Banned

Until he cleans up his attitude, ban any incoming or all associated accounts.

10. spacey

spacey Recruit

I don't see what is hard about bringing back traditional game play for HC, they have it for core.

I am not a fan of the exo suit at all, I also disliked most COD games except for COD4 and MW2. Cod4 still being the best cod of all.

They keep adding more and more filler to a game and they forget the basics. Shitty map layouts...stick to what is tried and true. There is a reason why your community asked for map packs containing cod4 maps on newer games.

11. Pimo

Pimo Recruit

I have a lot of fun playing AW.

I don't even know how to make a game so I don't feel like I can complain.

This made my day reading this.

Carlos you are the bomb.

Carlos likes this.
  12. Carlos

Carlos Owner
    Staff Member Private

Glad I could entertain you. :D

Thanks for the kind words.

13. Atlas of Karma

Atlas of Karma Recruit

I know I shouldn't have to add this, but I want to anyways so bear with me if it's a little redundant:

The One Man Army perk was exploited and milked beyond recognition.
    It was intended for players who could access a situation and adapt and succeed with different classes in the same life (Examples: See someone across the map, switch to a sniper class, running into a building without a SMG/shotgun class switch to a class with those on, enemy gets an aerial killstreak, switch to an anti-air class, etc.)

Instead, of course, people used it for infinite ammo for guns that were supposed to have limited ammo to balance the game. (Something OP kept going on about "balance", which OMA broke.) OMA imbalanced the game by giving anyone who wanted unlimited grenades for their grenade launchers unlimited ammo, and it worked for other guns to a lesser extent. Danger Close was also part of the problem and I was disappointed to see it back in Ghosts and Advanced Warfare.

Advanced Warfare has some exploited stuff too (All CODs do). The tracking drone comes to mind (and it is overly abused in Search & Destroy and Search & Rescue). Every round you get one (in SnD and SnR), and it will seek out any enemy without the Cold Blooded perk even if they are all the way across the map (yep it has no distance limit). It will sit there shooting a highlighting laser at you until it is destroyed (it is a tiny fast moving drone that will avoid your shots) and it is very annoying, it can slightly disrupt your view and it shows your exact position to the person using it. I go up against of a team of 6 all using these every single day.

Advanced Warfare worst of everything else people might not like with it, has so little stealth it's mind-numbing (and it's exploited to the maximum). There's so many ways to know an enemy's exact location, it's just to the point where I cannot play the game. I am above all else a stealthy player. Dead silence has been reduced to a short-timed Exo ability "Exo Mute". Even with overcharged on, it's terrible. Everyone you will face will have one of these things on (exploited as easy ways to always know where the enemy is throughout the game): UAVs with extra additions are full sweep Orbital vsats and don't take as much score/kills to get and can be support so you can die as much as you want as long as you get 11 kills (or whatever) you get rewarded. The parabolic mic thing that allows you to see people using Suppressors/Silencers. Tracker attachment. And for the pro players they'll probably be using all 3. Excitement is gone, there is no surprise gunfight (unless someone's running 4 perks to counter those things among their other perks). Briefly touching on maps, they're so designed on exo movement they have no elevation. Flat ground, up to flat roof tops. There's very little middle ground between the ground part of the map and the rooftops. End of a long rant sorry if you're reading this. :D

Carlos likes this.
  14. Carlos

Carlos Owner
    Staff Member Private

15. xris

xris Recruit

I have a question , there is obviously a market for both types of gameplay why has there not been a different game made for the newer double jump space age version ??? or to keep it more real

it seems to be a fight over the name , well we know the money is gonna win that battle

IMO of course, originally call of duty was one military type squad against another. It had as realistic player movements as programming of the time allowed , it really seems to me that the emphasis on realistic is gone

I understand the money from all the parents buying Mature rated games for their kids has taking the cod profits to the moon. That is great !!! pay for the call of duty name, give the kids something to play ...

But , why leave out the market of the other old timers who played it from day one ,

you have heard " Dont forget your roots" right ??

create some hype about a new "choosenname" game , say it was created by the original people , have copyright owners to some of the trades game plays give up or sell royalaties or something for some of the rights to Not hinder them from making a good game , But get back to a realistic current military game play that got them where they are

thanks

i may be outnumbered in my opinion , but it is still mine

16. Carlos

Carlos Owner
    Staff Member Private

Right now, the whole "boots on ground" is popular with these so-called "casuals." It's why Battlefield 1 sold pretty well. Once people play the game, however, they discover that the game is not only slow, but boring thanks to the map design. I played the beta, and I thought the same.

Thankfully, Modern Warfare has been remastered but bundled with Infinite Warfare. People didn't want boost jumps, jetpacks, or what have you. Black Ops 3 sold extremely well despite the hate towards thrust jumps, but on the flip coin, Infinite Warfare faces two problems: The fact that the game has another version of thrust jumps (not double jumps, but more like thrust), and the fact that Infinity Ward put out a poor game through Call of Duty: Ghosts. So, the franchise took a huge beating on reveal. When the game was released, not many people bothered to pick it up. They either didn't buy the game, or waited for a sale (during black friday, the game was either $50 for legacy edition, or you can snatch the standard game for $35 or lower - GameStop even had a sale that if you trade in a game, you get to buy the game for $1). But despite all of this, the game was the #1 selling game during the holidays. Next stop: Christmas.

Don't believe me? Here's Activision's Press Release...
    Source: Activision's Investor Relations Press Release

And that is well deserved. Infinite Warfare's Single Player mode was excellent. It gave you freedom, and replayability - especially if you didn't finish the side missions. Multiplayer takes some time to get used to. The game is awesome, many people don't appreciate the graphics in Infinite Warfare, but I do appreciate it. I took a few minutes of some of the missions to look around, and take it all in. Mars even looks gorgeous in the game. You can see even the smallest details in the backgrounds.

The reason for Call of Duty going into the future a multiple-faceted reason: 1. To keep innovation alive. 2. Activision takes a risk every time they go "modern," because then, they'd have to use "real weapons." Activision faced multiple lawsuits from multiple gun manufacturers.