• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Hello Guys

Paul

Recruit
Hey guys. Paul here. I'm just a regular Call of Duty player, really. I found these forums through Google, and I thought they looked cool, so I joined up.

Jason

Recruit
Hey Paul,
Glad you decided to join up! I hope you found the answer for what you searched for as well :p

Jason

Recruit
What gave it away? The fact you've only been here half an hour and have already managed to reply to half our threads? :p:p

Yeah we've been going for about two months now, slowly building up but still pretty small by comparison to a lot of other sites. We are steadily growing though, and hopefully as long as we continue to attract interesting new members such as yourself we'll be fine and expand at a good rate.

Jason

Recruit
What gave it away? The fact you've only been here half an hour and have already managed to reply to half our threads? :p:p

Yeah we've been going for about two months now, slowly building up but still pretty small by comparison to a lot of other sites. We are steadily growing though, and hopefully as long as we continue to attract interesting new members such as yourself we'll be fine and expand at a good rate.

Paul

Recruit

How'd you guess? lol :D

I like this site though - it has a lot of cool features on it, such as the Wiki (I love writing Wiki articles and stuff... shame Wikipedia is already near enough perfect :))

Hoping the downloads will be up soon. I want to upload a few of the official wallpapers and things. I'm a bit of a forum junkie, so I will keep posting as long as there's stuff to post in.

Jason

Recruit
Lol :p

I'm glad you think so, i just saw you've published a wiki article! Keep up the good work :) Wikipedia is pretty perfect, but i figured it might be useful to have everything in one place - especially if you want to quickly reference something from a post, so you can go straight to the wiki and check etc...

Me too, me too, i've been in constant talks with my coder for the past few weeks and he assures me it'll be ready soon (If we're lucky i might have some screenshots tomorrow)
It's been coded from scratch for the site, so is taking quite a while. It should be worth it in the end though :)

Paul

Recruit
I look forward to it :)

What I don't understand is how this is a small community though. I mean, you have one of the best domain names for a Call of Duty forum lol

Jason

Recruit
True, but we were only established in late June. There are plenty of sites that have been running since 2007 dedicated to CoD4, and even older sites established in the days of CoD2 and CoD.

With so much competition out there its pretty tough to get started so late in the game, even with the perfect domain.

I'm hoping i've learnt from other sites though, read suggestions and feedback their members have left and have hopefully addressed it there.

I'd be interested to know what you searched for on google to find us, as i've been tracking search terms very carefully and looking at our positioning for keywords and most of our google traffic has been pretty obscure. Google largely favours bigger, established sites so it is pretty hard to get much decent traffic until we move up the ranks a bit. (I'm hoping by the time MW2 hits we'll have a pretty decent following and google will favour us a bit more meaning hopefully we'll grow a lot around November)

Paul

Recruit
I'd be interested to know what you searched for on google to find us,

I searched 'CoD Forums'. It brought up CoD4Forums, which is another site I'm part of. I decided to remove the number and then see what came up. It brought this site up and looked great. I signed up, and this is what happened.

Jason

Recruit
See thats why we haven't started growing a lot yet, we're not on the first, second, maybe we're on the 3rd page or so for 'CoD Forums' So if you hadn't tried taking out the 4 you'd maybe never have found us.

As the site grows we should get better placement, fingers crossed :D

I just came across your youtube channel. If you'd be interested in making any videos for our channel, or maybe just writing some articles for the site feel free to get in touch via PM or something :)