1. Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Xbox Live Help me out??

Discussion in 'Modern Warfare 3' started by queenofcha0s, Jun 4, 2014.

1. queenofcha0s

queenofcha0s Recruit

Hey. My name is Arah. I have been playing COD for about 3 years off and on. I have literally put in thousands of hours between MW2, Blops, MW3, and BO2. I am extremely frustrated because I am still getting very low k/d. I have somewhere around .4 k/d in all of the games. My aim accuracy has improved drastically but I am still dying constantly and still getting only between 2-6 kills per match. I really enjoy COD most of the time. I mean, it is very rage-inducing no doubt, but still very fun with friends. I'm just so frustrated and very discouraged. I take cover, aim down sights around corners, try to anticipate where campers will be, and even try t stay on the outside of the map most times. I just don't understand what I am doing wrong. Please help me. My gamertag is queenofcha0s if you want to add me. Thanks in advance. Any suggestions are appreciated.

2. pwntendo

pwntendo Recruit

It's hard to give advice because I have no idea what's going wrong for you. Can you post a couple of minutes of typical gameplay somehow?

3. queenofcha0s

queenofcha0s Recruit

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do this here but whatever. I've been playing COD for a few years but I feel like I'm still doing something very wrong. My scores are still very inconsistant (.3 kdr to 2.0) Please, if you have some time, could you check it out and let me know what you see I'm doing right and/or wrong. Thanks in advance.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzRiu9hg4bg&feature=youtu.be

4. Carlos

Carlos Owner
    Staff Member Private

I have approved and merged your threads. Now that you've provided a video...

1. Stop aiming at the bottom of the screen. That's called "hipfire." You don't want hipfire, you want shoulder/headshots.
    2. Learn the maps. I keep seeing you going back to your team's "white space" In other words, you keep going back to the same base that you spawned from. Stop. The only time I'd go back to my base is when nobody is on the other side, where the enemy space is.
    3. You are using pretty much a light machine gun; while it's not bad, it's just slower to aim. Any rifle that's "heavy" to carry, is susceptible to slower Aim Down the Sights response speed. Either get a better weapon, or equip quickdraw.
    4. Stop aiming at the wall, or randomly aiming at something - move, and reflex your fingers to respond quickly to any popups - like the proned guy you shot early in the video.
    5. Stop aiming at the wall when no one is around. Stop that. You are only slowing yourself down.
    6. Stop shooting when no one is around - especially when you don't have a silencer. Your position is given away when you do. You're on the radar, just like everyone else.
    7. Stop looking for gunshots and going where your team-mates are. Leave them alone, and go your own path.

5. pwntendo

pwntendo Recruit

You're trying to play as an SMG with an LMG. I wouldn't recommend playing an LMG role in BO2 because the maps really aren't built for it, but if you absolutely must then just try to hold the chokepoints that you think enemies are likely to come through instead of running to them. You'll find that you'll get backfucked by shotguns and SMGs a lot though.

Like Carlos said - you're shooting at people's legs. Half of your bullets are going between their legs and the other half don't do that much damage because they're limb shots. Keep your crosshairs at shoulder height as you move around the map and aim for centre mass.

Definitely think about where you're aiming more too. I noticed that a lot of the time you'll aim at a random wall and completely ignore a street that there's a good chance that there could be enemies on. Always watch where you think players might be coming from and check those areas first. Also sometimes it looks like you're just pretending to check for players and not really4s

Be more aware of what's going on on the rest of the map. I saw that you often miss the fight, your team wipe out the other team and then they respawn on the other side of the map and you're still looking for people. You need to anticipate the spawns flipping.

In the MW3 game you were challenging people that had really good cover when you had none, that's definitely a mistake. If someone's got everything but the top of their head in cover and you're completely open then you're definitely going to lose the fight. Don't even try it, either leave completely or go around and come at them from a different angle.

Aside from that stuff it never hurts to work on your aim and in the end that's the one thing that actually wins your gunfights.

Anyways, hope this helps and you're able to improve you're game a bit. Have fun! :)

6. Whitymicmuffin

Whitymicmuffin Recruit

One thing that helped me get better as a player was slowing down and taking my time around the map. I started walking around corners instead of sprinting around them. Checking corners helped a lot.

Keeping calm also helps a lot! So many times i play with friends that rage after each death and this is not only bad for the player but for the people that he is playing with because they have to deal with his annoying rage. If you find yourself raging try listening to music when you play because this is what helped me stop my raging. (Especially lag, everybody rages about lag)

Don't worry about how you just died and focus on what's ahead.

Try to predict where the person that killed you is going to go. Put yourself into his shoes and where would you go if you were him. And if he is just camping and you keep getting killed in the same spot from the same guy, try to flank him or stun and nade him.

I hope any of this advice helped not only you but anyone that reads this because this is what i did and it improved my skill tremendously. :)

7. SubhumanHobo

SubhumanHobo Recruit

I totally know how frustrating it is when you got your clan raging there ass off when you're trying to concentrate, you feel like saying shut the f up and just play the godamn game.
    The rest of the tips in this thread I agree with. How about trying to prefect jumpshotting, dropshotting and strafing while in those range gunfights? Trust me you will so many more gunfights because you are confusing your opponent forcing him to adjust his aim which should allow you to kill him. Just keep on practicing and you'll get more consistent.

8. Whitymicmuffin

Whitymicmuffin Recruit

I totally agree with the strafing/jumpshotting/strafing and I think drop shorting is the easiest and most effective because you just have to switch your button layout to tactical and press the right analog stick when in a gun fight. Next would be strafing because it's easy to do but is a bit easier to kill by experienced players. Jumpshotting is probably the hardest because you either have to play claw or get a special controller with buttons on the back (I recommend a razer controller over a skuf because skufs are more fragile and break easy. At least for me it was)

9. Carlos

Carlos Owner
    Staff Member Private

I don't hate you for real, but seriously... I. hate. that. I was going to say "I. hate. you." for emphasis on how much I hate your type. Jumpshooting is crazy. Then I see the next post to yours (@Whitymicmuffin), I discovered that I was right all along - it takes modded controllers to do jumpshooting. Dropshotting is annoying, but it can be difficult to recover from that perspective. However, if you walk in on a player who just dropshot, it's easier to shoot and kill because he's in a vulnerable state - so that's why a lot of people don't do it anymore. Jumpshooting, I see it often, and I am very, very, very annoyed with it. But come Advanced Warfare, I have nothing to get annoyed at anymore.

I'd always say to players "This ain't fucking Halo!"

Strafing has been in FPS games since 20 years ago, so I don't even get annoyed - as matter of fact, I don't even notice it. I know a lot of people notice it, but I don't notice strafing much in COD games.