• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Warzone 2.0 Help with Warzone 2 on PC

ph4tm4t

Recruit
Hi, I've never used a forum before and am really after some help.

I'm playing on PC and no matter what I seem to do the game is jumpy/stuttery. I feel I have a reasonably good setup and should be able to run on ultra settings easily, but even on balanced (where the majority of settings are set to low) I still have the same issues. I don't have issues with any other games on max settings.

I am playing over wifi but I have full 900mb fibre and using amazon eero, so on pc have a strong connection usually at 600mb+. I have RTX306 ti, I7 11700, 16gb ram.

Does anyone have any advice or solutions please.

Ping looks good and FPS is approx 120.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
What part of the world are you in??

Drop yer GFX Card settings down to lowest.. Does it still happen??

If it does, then we have eliminated the Vid Card as the possible culprit..

If it doesn't, then raise your settings incrementally until the issue presents itself..

Since you mention hardwire, I am going to assume the problem happens both on wifi and hardwire..

Remove all other connected components, both USB and on the MB except for what is needed to play the game..

If the problem goes away, re-introduce each component until the problem re-appears and your culprit is identified..

If all of that doesn't produce the culprit, the only thing left is a Format/Reinstall of the OS.. I realize it's overkill, but it's the fastest way to address the problem..

If things work fine after the FnR, note your updates as they happen..

If an FnR DOESN'T fix the problem, then the OS might be incompatible for some reason.. Upgrade to Win11 or downgrade to Win10 as appropriate..

ph4tm4t

Recruit
What part of the world are you in??

Drop yer GFX Card settings down to lowest.. Does it still happen??

If it does, then we have eliminated the Vid Card as the possible culprit..

If it doesn't, then raise your settings incrementally until the issue presents itself..

Since you mention hardwire, I am going to assume the problem happens both on wifi and hardwire..

Remove all other connected components, both USB and on the MB except for what is needed to play the game..

If the problem goes away, re-introduce each component until the problem re-appears and your culprit is identified..

If all of that doesn't produce the culprit, the only thing left is a Format/Reinstall of the OS.. I realize it's overkill, but it's the fastest way to address the problem..

If things work fine after the FnR, note your updates as they happen..

If an FnR DOESN'T fix the problem, then the OS might be incompatible for some reason.. Upgrade to Win11 or downgrade to Win10 as appropriate..
Thanks for taking the time to give such a detailed response, in the end changing the shader cache to a higher level seemed to resolve my issue.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements