• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Warzone 2.0 Help with Warzone 2 on PC

ph4tm4t

Recruit
Hi, I've never used a forum before and am really after some help.

I'm playing on PC and no matter what I seem to do the game is jumpy/stuttery. I feel I have a reasonably good setup and should be able to run on ultra settings easily, but even on balanced (where the majority of settings are set to low) I still have the same issues. I don't have issues with any other games on max settings.

I am playing over wifi but I have full 900mb fibre and using amazon eero, so on pc have a strong connection usually at 600mb+. I have RTX306 ti, I7 11700, 16gb ram.

Does anyone have any advice or solutions please.

Ping looks good and FPS is approx 120.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
What part of the world are you in??

Drop yer GFX Card settings down to lowest.. Does it still happen??

If it does, then we have eliminated the Vid Card as the possible culprit..

If it doesn't, then raise your settings incrementally until the issue presents itself..

Since you mention hardwire, I am going to assume the problem happens both on wifi and hardwire..

Remove all other connected components, both USB and on the MB except for what is needed to play the game..

If the problem goes away, re-introduce each component until the problem re-appears and your culprit is identified..

If all of that doesn't produce the culprit, the only thing left is a Format/Reinstall of the OS.. I realize it's overkill, but it's the fastest way to address the problem..

If things work fine after the FnR, note your updates as they happen..

If an FnR DOESN'T fix the problem, then the OS might be incompatible for some reason.. Upgrade to Win11 or downgrade to Win10 as appropriate..

ph4tm4t

Recruit
What part of the world are you in??

Drop yer GFX Card settings down to lowest.. Does it still happen??

If it does, then we have eliminated the Vid Card as the possible culprit..

If it doesn't, then raise your settings incrementally until the issue presents itself..

Since you mention hardwire, I am going to assume the problem happens both on wifi and hardwire..

Remove all other connected components, both USB and on the MB except for what is needed to play the game..

If the problem goes away, re-introduce each component until the problem re-appears and your culprit is identified..

If all of that doesn't produce the culprit, the only thing left is a Format/Reinstall of the OS.. I realize it's overkill, but it's the fastest way to address the problem..

If things work fine after the FnR, note your updates as they happen..

If an FnR DOESN'T fix the problem, then the OS might be incompatible for some reason.. Upgrade to Win11 or downgrade to Win10 as appropriate..
Thanks for taking the time to give such a detailed response, in the end changing the shader cache to a higher level seemed to resolve my issue.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
F Warzone Help - Warzone Account Banned Hack Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 1
O Warzone Please help | Warzone lags and stutters a lot after new update Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 1
4 Warzone HELP | Freezes and lags in Warzone Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 5
F Warzone Please help!! Warzone wont launch Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 2
T Warzone Warzone unplayable in 240hz? Help needed! TIA Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 3
F Warzone Warzone PC Crash _ Fatal Error - PLS HELP Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 9
J Warzone Need help! Warzone Xbox problems Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 3
T Warzone Warzone keeps crashing no errors, just freeze and crash, nothing works please help. Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 1
R Warzone [Help] Recommended NVIDIA Control Panel and COD:Warzone Settings. Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 4
R Warzone Warzone Bunker 11 Help. Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 0
Y Multi Call Of Duty Warzone *help* Clan Chat 0
A Multi Can anyone help me with Warzone? Clan Chat 0
B Warzone Flashing Lights On Screen - Cannot Play Warzone - HELP Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 1
Doomrider DMZ M13 Help? Call of Duty: WarZone [2.0/DMZ] 2
J DMZ Help unlocking M13B Call of Duty: WarZone [2.0/DMZ] 2
L Help me, please! Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II 0
B Warzone HELP! Private match Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 0
M pls help me fix this bug that annoys me 2 days now Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
H Important, help me! General Call of Duty 0
T Warzone Need help Game wont load after patch on battle.net my PC just freezes Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 0
T Help with reticles (and sights) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
S PLEASE HELP General Call of Duty 0
S Please Help with Fatal error Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 4
D Help raise money to buy a computer The Lounge 0
G Multi Need some players to help with mauer der toten Easter egg Clan Chat 1
M Neeeed help with BO 4 fatal errors PC. General Call of Duty 0
Z Warzone I really need help with this Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 0
S Warzone Hellish lag/glitch. Please HELP Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 1
S I keep losing connection on PS4 Pro, please help Call of Duty: Vanguard 3
P Warzone Help Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 0
La.Muneca187 Need help Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 3
B Warzone Need help on pc Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 2
L Help Call of Duty: Vanguard 1
P Need Help: Game Error Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 2
S HELP PLEASE OMG I HATE THIS Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 14
B Warzone voice chat help needed Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 0
S Help with playing campaign offline Call of Duty: Vanguard 2
F Warzone Aiming bug, please help! Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 0
G help with cold war graphics/fps Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 5
M Warzone Cant buy COD points through Battle.net? says account not authorized? Help? Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 2
S Vanguard keeps crashing/freezing please help Call of Duty: Vanguard 0
S Warzone HELP PLEASE!! Phone Number log-in issue Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 1
M Warzone Please Help Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 2
G HELP - Moderate Nat Type Call of Duty: Vanguard 1
G HELP - Objective Callouts Call of Duty: Vanguard 0
G HELP - Domination Capture Bar Blocks Screen Call of Duty: Vanguard 0
KeyboardDemon PC Troubleshooting help: Read this First Technology 0
K Warzone HELP - Only allows me to play one first game then gets stuck Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 0
Z HELP PLEASE Call of Duty: Vanguard 0
K Help! New to COD used wrong email address Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 3