• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

HIGH CPU USAGE

Duha420

Recruit
Hey everyone,
First time poster here, just found this forum. I am new to PC gaming and had a friend build me a computer. I have recently run into an issue though of my cpu usage staying above 80%. While I am in the lobby menus anytime I switch to a different menu tab my computer starts to freeze up, frames drop to about 1-9 fps, and serious delay in selections. In game I am getting about 70-100fps for Verdansk, and 110-140fps in Rebirth Island running in 1440p. Is there anything I can do to alleviate my cpu from such high usage? Or is this normal?

Specs:
CPU: Intel i5-10600K 6C/12T 4.1GHz 12MB LGA-1151 w/Graphics 95W
GPU: EVGA RTX 3060 XC Gaming 12GB GDDR6
PSU: PS Thermaltake Smart White 700W
RAM: Kingston 8GB 3200 MHz HyperX Predator RGB (AMD)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B560M DS3H Intel LGA1200 4x DIMM 1x PCIe 4.0 x16 2x M.2
SSD: Crucial P2 1TB M.2 NVMe Solid State Drive
Case: Apevia Genesis Mid-Tower 4x Electro RGB Fans - Black
Monitor: Asus VG27A

Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Duha

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
JetskjiOnTwitch How To Get High Kills and WIN in Warzone Solo's Call of Duty Media 0
JetskjiOnTwitch How To Get High Kills In Warzone Solo's! Call of Duty Media 0
P WARZONE high ping servers or NAT TYPE error. Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 0
A low fps and high ping General Call of Duty 1
Carlos PSA: PC Players playing Zombies on high rounds warning Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 8
A Multi Outbreak High rounds Clan Chat 0
L High latency and lag Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 0
JetskjiOnTwitch How to get HIGH KILLS in DIAMOND LOBBIES Call of Duty Media 0
JetskjiOnTwitch How To Get High Kills and WIN in WARZONE! SOLO! Call of Duty Media 0
JetskjiOnTwitch How To Get High Kills Games in Warzone Call of Duty Media 1
JetskjiOnTwitch 24 KILL SOLO WIN in Warzone! High Kill Gameplay Call of Duty Media 1
SamimSupreme Warzone Asus TUF RTX 3080 with Ryzen 9 3900x Benchmarks 1080p and 1440p on High and Low Settings Call of Duty Media 0
JetskjiOnTwitch High Kill Solos! 21 BOMB! Tips, Tricks and Death Chats Call of Duty Media 0
JetskjiOnTwitch Tips and Tricks For HIGH KILLS IN WARZONE Call of Duty Media 0
S Game not working and lagging on high end pc, how to fix? Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 1
Wiseowl High alert Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
pumpknot HIGH KILL WARZONE GAME PLAY! Call of Duty Media 0
T Ping high at evening Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
C High FPS 120+ no drops but gameplay stutters Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 2
I Multi Looking for a clan to get into serious games and get high number kills all players welcome Clan Recruitment 6
pumpknot DONE WITH FINALS STREAM! Warzone High Kill Games! Call of Duty Media 0
pumpknot High Kill Warzone Stream! Call of Duty Media 0
RK_S1N1STER Xbox Live Recruiting High Skill players. Clan Recruitment 1
D Xbox Live High Caliber Gaming recruiting 18+ with mic Clan Recruitment 1
K PSN Fly High Never Die [FHND] Recruitment Clan Recruitment 0
O High ratios on hardcore team deathmatch - learn how to play Call of Duty Media 0
Etho Gc UMG Team - Looking for 6 high level players [XBL] Clan Chat 0
X Looking for good clan members for high kill games Clan Chat 0
K how do you get to a high zombie round in aw? General Call of Duty 1
Tthizzle88 20. Story Time | What Happened at The Senior Year Picnic: High School Seniors Call of Duty Media 0
X New zombies channel- high round and speedruns Call of Duty Media 0
NinjaGamer836 Black Ops 2 MP7 BEST CLASS SET UP (High Scorestreak class!!!) Call of Duty Media 2
xIgNiTex PSN Recruiting Teammates for BO2 Die Rise High Maintenence (Richtofen) Clan Chat 0
L **Exploit** play with your eyes closed get to high rounds Buried C.O.D. Zombies General Call of Duty 0
Crahftify Mob of the Dead High Round Strategy Call of Duty Media 0
C Need Help Getting a High Kd Well Check This Out..... Call of Duty Media 0
K High Quality Youtube channel Call of Duty Media 0
xIMIatty What would you rather see on youtube. High K:D/Moab? Call of Duty Media 0
C How do you get the Mile High Club achievement? General Call of Duty 1
N Warzone gpu/cpu usage and low fps problem Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 1
Skunkopath How to FIX Cod Warzone CPU 100% - Crashing after 2 mins Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 0
D Will I get a ban for single player campaign TRAINER usage? General Call of Duty 1