• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Host leaving matches, lag, or lagswitching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Host leaving matches will make you walk on water, so to speak. Players leave because you've got the upper hand, obviously.

I noticed some lagswitching in the game - it's small, but it's noticeable - especially in the killcam. I didn't even notice him following me, soooo...

Either way, lag is here to stay until they iron their shit out.

JusZenTFN

Banned
Check the network when you play. If it says 'Connected to Call of Duty servers' you're on a dedicated server. No one can lagswitch on a dedi. Also, there would be no host. I haven't run into an instance where someone was hosting a match yet, was always on dedicated servers.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Check the network when you play. If it says 'Connected to Call of Duty servers' you're on a dedicated server. No one can lagswitch on a dedi. Also, there would be no host. I haven't run into an instance where someone was hosting a match yet, was always on dedicated servers.
Funny, I was just checking that menu when I was curious about "what else is there in the beta?" I was AMAZED by the robust system in that menu. AMAZED. Justin. AMAZED. Then I see that you said it's powered by dedicated servers... "What the fuck!? Really?"

But play the game a bit more, you'll come across the same error icon as the one you find on Black Ops or Black Ops 2. I SAW frames skipping in some of the killcams today. Other than that... holy fuck, these are dedicated servers? I knew PC players were going to get dedi's, but PS4...

Consoles get dedicated servers? Wow.

JusZenTFN

Banned
You may see frames skipping, especially if you get connected to a server that isn't that close to you.

For example if you're in Cali and the server you get is in Florida.. your connection is gonna be worse than it would be if it was in Cali.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
You may see frames skipping, especially if you get connected to a server that isn't that close to you.

For example if you're in Cali and the server you get is in Florida.. your connection is gonna be worse than it would be if it was in Cali.
Hm. I see.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
I'm bringing this thread back up because I found a lagswitcher in a game lobby. There was major, major, major lag in this match, so much that I thought "bullshit!" Then I saw the killcam, frames skipping as if he was right next to me. The last one - the one where I saw lag in the killcam - that was light skipping. This one had MAJOR lag.

JusZenTFN

Banned
Most likely wasn't lagswitching.

Did you check your ping in that lobby? Was everyone lagging or just him? He might have been located a far distance away from the server you were playing on as well.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
I dunno, it feels like someone was forcing the connection to skip a lot in that killcam. That's why I was calling it lagswitching.

Everyone was fine, just that guy or maybe another one. My connection is fine. I was able to play the game as it was meant to be played.

The only last problem is the fucking spawn system. Damn. I didn't know it was this bad. Everyone was trying to go to the spawn point to choke point those who spawned. Damn, why can't people fucking play the game as it was designed!?

JusZenTFN

Banned
Well I've heard that this game is using the same system as AW with hybrid servers... which would mean somebody could lagswitch on a p2p system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements