• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Angels of Death

How long are people gonna keep playing this game for?

Wiseowl

Recruit
When the new game comes out is this game gonna be forgotten or is there still gonna be a massive player base?

Anyone bothered or not bothered about Black Ops Cold War?

Angels of Death

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
I'll still be playing Modern Warfare. I will see how Black Ops Cold War is like, and if I like what I see, I will play it. My big issue with Black Ops has always been the theater. I tolerated WWII, but it was because of the actual game itself. I was a big fan of the "War" mode. I like the controls, and the general gameplay apparatus. My big issue is all of it is in World War II, which stifles creativity. You are stuck with the era's weapons, attachments, style, etc. Unless you can merge Gunsmith into Black Ops Cold War, which would open up a lot of opportunities. The issue is the base weapons will be so limited. You'll be stuck with 20 weapons, and CODMW had at least 50 by the end of Season 5.

Modern Warfare set up the roadmap, as far as the perks, killstreaks go... but weapons? It's going to be limited. Always has been, and always will be. Treyarch will have to do more than just improving the game engine, they will have to improve EVERYTHING. Expand EVERYTHING. Otherwise, this game will only target the "history buffs" of the community.

CrackPOT

Recruit
I still play this game with my friends but in custom games only. We're tired of the hax! We all have more fun playing a CTF custom game. Don't have to worrie about hax and we play more different maps than on the public servers. We play BF4 and we are just killing time playing this game and BF4. We are waiting for Halo Infinite and Battlefield 6.

DizzyDemon

Recruit
I've been asking myself that question since the start of Season 4, I have 2 words for that season, "let down".

But I also built a new PC just as season 4 started and my 13-year old is using my old PC to play Warzone, which is a good way for us to get some gaming time together when we can, so we shall see. If MW drops in price after Cold War launches then I might get it for him so we can MW together.

Wiseowl

Recruit
I would love to see it continue especially If, they get round to fixing all the things we hate about this game.

l wonder tho will they be developing new seasons as often?

DizzyDemon

Recruit
l wonder tho will they be developing new seasons as often?
I think that would depend on a few things such as how many people are still playing the game and more importantly how many people are still spending on CoD Points, they are a business after all, so return on investment is a big part of their business model.

One of the benefits of having 2 development teams is that they can alternate between teams, so as 1 is developing the next title, the other will be supporting their previously released title.

The way I understand it is that developing a new title and supporting the previous title by that team should go hand in hand but I suspect IW will want to focus more on 2021 than 2019, because if it were my business I'd be looking forward after the next title is released. I think we will still see some development but at a slower pace that declines at the same rate as the number of people playing declines.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Wiseowl

Recruit
I think that would depend on a few things such as how many people are still playing the game and more importantly how many people are still spending on CoD Points, they are a business after all, so return on investment is a big part of their business model.

One of the benefits of having 2 development teams is that they can alternate between teams, so as 1 is developing the next title, the other will be supporting their previously released title.

The way I understand it is that developing a new title and supporting the previous title by that team should go hand in hand but I suspect IW will want to focus more on 2021 than 2019, because if it were my business I'd be looking forward after the next title is released. I think we will still see some development but at a slower pace that declines at the same rate as the number of people playing declines.

You’ve made some very good points but why if 2019 is already a good business then not stay focussed. It didn’t come to my mind there will be two dev teams, if that’s the case then l don’t see why one team would lose interest in the 2019 as long as like you said people will still purchase stuff. I’ve not played Black Ops mp before but as Carlos has said you don’t usually get much weapon choice, so all this is making me think there will be a good enough player base, which I’m glad about!

Im pretty sure I saw an official statement that season 5 will be the last season.
I thought the emoji l posted was a shocked face, l didn’t really wanna say wow, lol!

I haven't seen that myself, but does that mean with the end of season 5 they will put all support for the game to an end?

I mean there will most likely still be patches to dig bugs and Stuff after they stop adding new content.

My biggest worry is that I can imagine the cheaters will start coming out the woodwork once official support for the game end.

You’ve made some very good points but why if 2019 is already a good business then not stay focussed. It didn’t come to my mind there will be two dev teams, if that’s the case then l don’t see why one team would lose interest in the 2019 as long as like you said people will still purchase stuff. I’ve not played Black Ops mp before but as Carlos has said you don’t usually get much weapon choice, so all this is making me think there will be a good enough player base, which I’m glad about!
When black ops is released the MW dev team will start making their next cod game. Thats how they allways did it. Its the only reason they can actually release a new game each year

thyes

Recruit
I'll probably play until I have no more disk space. I've 1TB storage, and like 4-5 other games installed. And with all the constant updates, ranging from 10GB to 50GB patches dropping like once a week, I'm bound to run out of space eventually. I can't understand the insane size of the patches, I mean some of them requires as much disk space as other games do as a whole.

Don't get me wrong, it's awesome that they upgrade the game constantly, but what on earth can justify the size of these patches? It's not like we're getting several new maps with each update.

Wiseowl

Recruit
I'll probably play until I have no more disk space. I've 1TB storage, and like 4-5 other games installed. And with all the constant updates, ranging from 10GB to 50GB patches dropping like once a week, I'm bound to run out of space eventually. I can't understand the insane size of the patches, I mean some of them requires as much disk space as other games do as a whole.

Don't get me wrong, it's awesome that they upgrade the game constantly, but what on earth can justify the size of these patches? It's not like we're getting several new maps with each update.
It always says it’s gonna be a certain amount of gb but if you look at how much storage it takes before installing update you’ll actually see it only goes up a 2 or 3 gb once installed! Happens to me anyway.

I've already started to play this game less in favour of others.
Which is a shame.
It's weird but this is one of those games that I want to play a lot more than I actually enjoy playing it.
I often think of a weapon setup i want to try out in the day and look forward to getting on in the evenings. Then when i finally get on, after about 10 mins of bullshit I cant take anymore of the damn game.

CrackPOT

Recruit
This game kinds sucks in alot of different areas. Especially an the server side! No admin commands, No map voting, No dedicated server list! Can't make your maps ETC. ETC.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F gulag waiting time too long: 30 seconds maximum please Call of Duty: WarZone 3
D Long live the revolution ( bouncing betty ) Call of Duty: WarZone 0
Phinkss PC Long Time OG MW/MW2 Vet Looking for a clan - HC Modes Clan Recruitment 0
S Long throwing knives and other melee, knife paint jobs - video Call of Duty Media 0
O PSN long time cod player looking for competitive clan Clan Recruitment 2
K PSN Looking for a clan long time competitive player. READ Clan Recruitment 1
S This video is over an hour long but I think everyone should watch this Call of Duty Media 0
eGsistance Long Sensation's BO3 Leak Week Videos General Call of Duty 0
Carlos Multi Week-long Double XP coming to Modern Warfare 3 & BO2 General Call of Duty 1
Carlos Multi Week-long Double XP coming to Black Ops 2 & MW3 General Call of Duty 0
Recessive Tac0 Xbox Live Problems with Long ranges. General Call of Duty 2
Striker1one Long time Fan of Call of Duty The Lobby 0
Wiseowl When am l gonna get chance to use my sniper? Call of Duty: WarZone 17
JusZenTFN 9 KILL SOLO.... AGAIN. I'M GONNA GET 10 SOON! Call of Duty Media 2
Z Keep getting disconnected and receiving error code: chronometer Call of Duty: WarZone 0
M Keep Cheaters with Cheaters Call of Duty: WarZone 2
B Cannot play Campaign mode since update. Keep getting a missing dlc pack error Call of Duty: WarZone 4
S Keep Your Friggin Politics out of my Game FFS! Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 5
E Other Gamer tag names keep changing ?? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
S Do Suppressors keep you off the minimap? Call of Duty: WarZone 1
VoiDProjects We need to keep this forum alive The Lounge 1