• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Angels of Death

How to fix the Advanced Warfare Xbox One install glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhoIsDo

Recruit
Just received my copy of Advanced Warfare, and upon the install it would bounce from the queued state to install & then back to queued. It's a bit frustrating, but there's actually a relatively simple way to fix the issue.

1. Remove the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare disc from your Xbox One.

2. Go to My Games, press the Menu button, and then uninstall Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.

3. Place the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare disc back in your Xbox One.

4. Try to begin the game, and if it asks you to update, say no. Your game should begin installing.

5. After the install has completed, boot up the game and install the update.

That worked for me and then my game installed fairly quick. This is for the disc version of the game on the Xbox One, and seems to work for other people as well.

Angels of Death

JusZenTFN

Staff member
I was too tired when this was going on and left my console on and it took about 6hrs to install but it eventually did.

Sgt_Rawk

Recruit
Just received my copy of Advanced Warfare, and upon the install it would bounce from the queued state to install & then back to queued. It's a bit frustrating, but there's actually a relatively simple way to fix the issue.

1. Remove the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare disc from your Xbox One.

2. Go to My Games, press the Menu button, and then uninstall Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.

3. Place the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare disc back in your Xbox One.

4. Try to begin the game, and if it asks you to update, say no. Your game should begin installing.

5. After the install has completed, boot up the game and install the update.

That worked for me and then my game installed fairly quick. This is for the disc version of the game on the Xbox One, and seems to work for other people as well.
Thanks for this dude...I actually read this prior to loading it and saved myself a whole bunch of pain...ha!

ACCtionMan

Recruit
I went offline before putting the disc in my Xbox One. Once the disc was in I just left or while I did some other stuff. Think it took about half an hour to install. I then went online and started the game. The 250MB update didn't take too long, then I was in without any issues.

Some games seem to hate being connected to the internet while installing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D FIX THE SOUND! Call of Duty: WarZone 5
I Please fix the skull hammer blueprint dismemberment. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
W FIX THE GAME. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
B BR solo playlist - HOW TO FIX (fake patch notes) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
I Small fix for camping Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4
Skunkopath How to FIX Cod Warzone CPU 100% - Crashing after 2 mins Call of Duty: WarZone 0
G Help, Havin Dev Error Code 6070 and can not fix it Call of Duty: WarZone 1
Z you need to fix the game General Call of Duty 1
D Any fix for PS3 gunbattle stutter? General Call of Duty 3
InfamousSlayer Best Method To Fix Lag Compensation Call of Duty Media 0
B PSN =DJ= Deathjunkies are looking for new recruits! Come get your fix... PS3 Clan Recruitment 0
U Energy weapons from call of duty advanced warfare General Call of Duty 0
A Call of duty Advanced warfare. General Call of Duty 0
Carlos Sledgehammer Games wanted to make Advanced Warfare 2? General Call of Duty 5
E Advanced Warfare Error, Needing help! General Call of Duty 2
GhostlyAce ADVANCED VESPER SETUP IN BO3 Call of Duty Media 0
M Call of Duty Advanced Warfare game free giveaway for [pc, ps3, xbox ps4] General Call of Duty 2
N Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Funny Live Session - Dic Pic Problems Call of Duty Media 0
B Advanced warfare 2 General Call of Duty 3
S Advanced Warefare Livestream DLC 3 Call of Duty Media 0
ITzTheGhost-_- Advanced warfare glitches Call of Duty Media 0
eGsistance Advanced Warfare patch includes listing for new “M1 Irons” General Call of Duty 2
Mwoakilloa COD Advanced Warfare Double XP Weekend General Call of Duty 4
eGsistance Advanced Warfare Ascendance DLC’s Launch On PSN and PC Marked For End April General Call of Duty 0
eGsistance Players that reach Max Grand Master Prestige earn 1 Advanced Supply Drop and the AK12 R.I.P. General Call of Duty 0
F Fun Advanced Warfare stream! Call of Duty Media 0
J advanced supply drops General Call of Duty 1
monnow Advanced Supply Drops General Call of Duty 3
Gregodale PSN PS4 clan >WEsuX< recruiting for Advanced Warfare Clan Recruitment 0
Z GAMEPLAY ADVANCED WARFARE Call of Duty Media 0
S18_1NS4N3___ Double XP This Weekend in Advanced Warfare Mosh Pit General Call of Duty 0
S PSN Clan Recruitment Advanced Warfare PS3 Clan Recruitment 0
CBFilms PSN Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Clan Recruitment (relaxed) Clan Recruitment 0
K Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare Prestige Hack General Call of Duty 1
Carlos Advanced Warfare's Havoc arrives Jan 27th General Call of Duty 0
ITzTheGhost-_- Advanced Warfare best glitches Call of Duty Media 0
F Xbox Live Fearless Under Fire is Recruiting Skilled Adults for Advanced Warfare (US/EU) Clan Recruitment 0
D Probably the best Advanced Warfare Tips! Call of Duty Media 0
ITzTheGhost-_- COD Advanced Warfare UNLOCK ALL EMBLEMS Glitch! Call of Duty Media 0
GooseAlwaysDies Best Map in Advanced Warfare? Call of Duty Media 0
GooseAlwaysDies Worst Map in Advanced Warfare?! Call of Duty Media 0
MsWatchYourSix Advanced Warfare Patch Updates and Grand Master Call of Duty Media 0
S Paradigm Shift: Call of Duty Advanced Warfare montage Call of Duty Media 0
Carlos Advanced Warfare Exo Zombies revealed General Call of Duty 0
R Xbox one New Advanced Warfair Clan Clan Chat 0
Tthizzle88 Advanced Warfare: Lasers Everywhere Call of Duty Media 3
J Call of Duty Advanced Warfare problems General Call of Duty 1
T Call of Duty: Advanced WORKOUT! General Call of Duty 6
S PSN Vaping Communtiy and Advanced Warfare Clan Chat 0
WhoIsDo Schofield says more Advanced Warfare fixes coming General Call of Duty 1