• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Angels of Death

I absolutely stink at this game - please help

blowsy_

Recruit
[Disclaimer - this is going to sound like a joke, but it really isn't]

Hi,

New member here.

I picked up MW a couple of months ago after a 5 year break from the COD series. I've been putting in a few hours a day of practise and I've ranked myself up to c. 120 but I'm still absolutely terrible with a multiplayer k/d of c. 0.8 (PS4 player).

This is a genuine question, but does anyone offer online coaching? I'm sure if I recorded some game play videos for someone to review they could easily offer some tips that will make a big difference; I would be willing to pay, obviously.

The biggest problem I have is finding the balance between being too passive and too aggressive and I'm terrible at using the mini map to work out where my enemies are likely to be coming from. I appreciate I am competing against players that have racked up some serious game time over multiple versions of the franchise, but I'm sure, tactically, I'm not making things easy for myself.

Other than the usual "get good n00b" comments, I would appreciate any genuine help.

Cheers,
Blowsy

Angels of Death

init6

Recruit
Honestly, just put in the time.

Need to learn the maps...lanes, choke points, hiding spots, sniper nests.

Dump the lobbies on maps you know you will get rolled on and stay in the ones you are more comfortable with. Start adding more in when you feel stronger.

Stay away from camping spots unless you are the aggressor. You know the good players will be showing up soon to get easy kills from everyone else that wants to camp that spot also.

Shoot and move. In core mode the kill cam gives away your position. Also, I always run a suppressor and ghost perk to help hide myself. Alot of times cold blooded also to hide from AI targeting like sentry guns and vtols.

Get a good headset and listen for footsteps.

Pre aim everything like corners that you know will be busy and areas when you come into view of a window or camping spot where there will be someone sitting.

Can show you tricks all day, but just playing the game will make you better.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

blowsy_

Recruit
Thanks for taking the time to reply mate, that's all good advice, but I feel like I'm doing alot of it already (with the exception of dump game lobbies).

I wish there was a maps filter that you could use as I'm definitely more comfortable on some than others, but that's good advice. Maybe if I focus on, say 3-4 maps initially and just rinse and repeat those over and over again before gradually expanding the repertoire.

Another issue I have is genuinely not seeing people. I have a decent screen and I sit quite close to it but I often can't see people. Also there are so many times when I could be pre-aiming a corner for a good 5-10 seconds and the ACTUAL SECOND I look away, someone comes around the corner and takes me down, whereas one second early and I'd have had them on toast. It seems to happen too frequently to be bad luck.

init6

Recruit
That sounds like latency. I know I suffer from that regularly with my crappy isp.

Your mini map and compass should help some. Remember the mini map is on a delay though. Only advanced uav shows real time movement and nobody uses those. Too hard to get and dont last very long. Not worth the effort.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Wiseowl

Recruit
Thanks for taking the time to reply mate, that's all good advice, but I feel like I'm doing alot of it already (with the exception of dump game lobbies).

I wish there was a maps filter that you could use as I'm definitely more comfortable on some than others, but that's good advice. Maybe if I focus on, say 3-4 maps initially and just rinse and repeat those over and over again before gradually expanding the repertoire.

Another issue I have is genuinely not seeing people. I have a decent screen and I sit quite close to it but I often can't see people. Also there are so many times when I could be pre-aiming a corner for a good 5-10 seconds and the ACTUAL SECOND I look away, someone comes around the corner and takes me down, whereas one second early and I'd have had them on toast. It seems to happen too frequently to be bad luck.
The last paragraph you written, that so happens to me, so many times! I don’t think it’s latency it’s got to be bad luck or something else. Seriously if l wait and look for 8 seconds, nobody there, I move, I die. Same if l wait 16 seconds or more, the very second l move, somebody from around a corner will come legging it and kill me! So frustrating!

Using a gun obviously with high damage and accuracy. Also some guns can work better without a stock, so it looks like it’s been chopped off, this gives you much more mobility. The Grub, a version of kilo 141 is a good choice, works well as is or modified!

The other thing you mentioned about not finding people, this can happen to me too! Sometimes you get maps and it’s easy to find and then others, they are nowhere to be seen. You think if you’ll go where all the blue triangles are and this doesn’t work either, or by the time you get yourself there the blue triangles are now on other side of map, lmao, sorry l have to admit l sometimes quit and load a map where l can kill!

Remember as your lobby is loading you can see which map your going too, if you don’t see the one you prefer, cancel before it loads and start a new lobby!

That’s what l do when I get bored of playing multiplayer and play 2v2 shoot out instead. I can’t see the enemies on the greenery maps like pine, so l cancel until l get one l like.

RDSXV

Recruit
[Disclaimer - this is going to sound like a joke, but it really isn't]

Hi,

New member here.

I picked up MW a couple of months ago after a 5 year break from the COD series. I've been putting in a few hours a day of practise and I've ranked myself up to c. 120 but I'm still absolutely terrible with a multiplayer k/d of c. 0.8 (PS4 player).

This is a genuine question, but does anyone offer online coaching? I'm sure if I recorded some game play videos for someone to review they could easily offer some tips that will make a big difference; I would be willing to pay, obviously.

The biggest problem I have is finding the balance between being too passive and too aggressive and I'm terrible at using the mini map to work out where my enemies are likely to be coming from. I appreciate I am competing against players that have racked up some serious game time over multiple versions of the franchise, but I'm sure, tactically, I'm not making things easy for myself.

Other than the usual "get good n00b" comments, I would appreciate any genuine help.

Cheers,
Blowsy
Same here, This is what I did personally, So I started to practice all the maps against bots on local to get used to the maps with the game modes I like to play. It helped me to learn the spawns and layout of the map. Something else i did was go in the game with no bots with unlimited time and ran around those maps to figure out every spot I could jump across or climb. Even spots camper would hold down and how to get behind them stuff like that. After that I played against player again to learn the hot spot or common areas players like to push from. Playing on local (you vs computer) also makes it easier to adjust sensitivity, picture and sound as well. Last thing dont over think it relax and remember to have fun, If your getting stressed out, take 5min break and try it again.

XXUltraXX

Recruit
Going through the maps on local with no bots is how i used to get good. Map knowledge really is everything. It allows you to be confident with where you want to go and when to expect enemies. This is a great idea.

NOW!! The part you probably wont like....this game is fucked in terms of ping/latency, grouping etc. It's the luck of the draw. Some games you will feel like killing everyone is easy and other games you will get the first shot off and still lose...every time through the whole match. The easiest way to describe it is that during the match you are a half second behind what is actually happening. This is why you don't see anyone then all of a sudden you die and there's an enemy standing there. In real time the enemy turns the corner, sees you and kills you. From your perspective the enemy hasn't even come around the corner yet. So ya it's not that you are bad it's just the luck of the group you are in. There will be games when you are in god mode and others where your lucky to get a kill lol. Even if you have a guy dead to rights often you don't get hit markers as the guy your shooting at has already moved...your just a bit late seeing it which makes all the difference.

To make matters worse...Call of Duty sometimes puts in "adjustments" to players with very low ping. Now i can't say for sure if they are doing that here...but the goal is to give players with high ping a bit of a chance so they adjust or delay the time a bit for low ping players. In the past this really screwed things up and made the game almost pointless for some players while others were basically in god mode.

If you have multiple computers running that tax your internet that can also contribute to the symptoms.

Lastly, are you running a rig that can handle 120 fps? This made a huge difference for me.

Know that you are not alone and don't worry about comments from other players. Learn the maps but also understand it's a bit of a flawed situation for most of us in that all the players are seeing the game just slightly off time...so if you are one of the ones a half second behind its just bad luck for that match.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D What a S**T day or is the game just crap Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
S Game not working and lagging on high end pc, how to fix? Call of Duty: WarZone 1
B PSN Looking for a clan where I can improve my BR game Clan Recruitment 3
D Plunder with no vehicles????? Game mode ruined. Call of Duty: WarZone 4
D This game is a complete mess after the update. Call of Duty: WarZone 5
D Every game so sweaty Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
Wiseowl How long are people gonna keep playing this game for? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 15
DizzyDemon A quick question about in game comms Call of Duty: WarZone 7
overflowcod 20 kill s&d game Call of Duty Media 1
zMrLegacyz I unlocked the 1000 HEADSHOTS CALLING CARD for the AX50 and KAR98 in the SAME GAME in MODERN WARFARE Call of Duty Media 0
M Rocket Launchers not showing up in game to select? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
JetskjiOnTwitch LATE GAME LOADOUT HACK(FULL AMMO) Call of Duty Media 0
N new pc 800-900fps private game bo2 cant be truth ?! General Call of Duty 1
pumpknot HIGH KILL WARZONE GAME PLAY! Call of Duty Media 0
I Things wrong with the game from someone with 20 days playtime Call of Duty: WarZone 13
Z Lost game mode - Warzone Call of Duty: WarZone 3
D Game will be dead if the following things wont happen! Call of Duty: WarZone 18
Yankee_LT Broken Scoring In Game Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
Yankee_LT Resolution Game Play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
Hoeski This Game Not Clan Friendly Call of Duty: WarZone 0
Wiseowl Game options? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
A The only thing more awesome than losing in the late game to a hacker is... Call of Duty: WarZone 3
T No Game Chat Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
T What the hell is THIS racist/political BS doing in my Modern Warfare Game!!!!??? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 17
zMrLegacyz I actually hit a nice TRICKSHOT in game on MODERN WARFARE Call of Duty Media 0
DizzyDemon Troubleshooting PC game performance issues Content Bunker 2
zMrLegacyz I unlocked OBSIDIAN for my MK2 and KAR98K in the same game on MODERN WARFARE Call of Duty Media 0
S Keep Your Friggin Politics out of my Game FFS! Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 5
pumpknot Pumps Chumpionship Highlight Game! Over 30 Kills! Call of Duty Media 0
A Game Balancing Call of Duty: WarZone 9
C Well not sure about this game anymore sniff sniff Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 8
Wiseowl It’s about time the devs sorted this game out so it’s more fun! Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
G Game not playable Call of Duty: WarZone 10
pumpknot I GOT CHALLENGED BY CHAT TO WIN A GAME FOR MONEY! Call of Duty Media 0
K The best sniper rifle in the game isn't a sniper rifle. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
O I love this game Call of Duty Media 0
MKBKM75633 This game is so damn weird...... Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
K My game is crashing to desktop, in lobby, or in game Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
T Multi New Discord Game Channel World Wide Clan Chat 0
B Positive vibes because I really enjoy this game Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
B Warzone | Solo Game in Trios Mode: A Short Film- "Private Parker" Call of Duty Media 1
M Pause and restart download NEW Game Purchase Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 8
A This whole game has increasingly become a bruh moment. Call of Duty: WarZone 6
D Last Update crash my game Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
W FIX THE GAME. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
G Multi Looking for clan. 2.29K/D any game mode. Clan Recruitment 3
R Why does vehicle sound different in my game than on others? For ex twitch streamers, youtubers etc Call of Duty: WarZone 0
A Banned on the game for 24hrs Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
B Plunder turned from one of the most fun game modes to the worst game mode Call of Duty: WarZone 2
DizzyDemon My Best Game Yet... w00t! Tell me abouts yours... Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 16