• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: WWII, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Ideas for Next COD Game

Oct 12, 2013
Greetings! I am a Call Of Duty player and I have noticed that many people hate certain things about each game. I personally think we should all just make a thread about what we want and don't want. Let's begin.
(BTW this will be an ongoing thread) So comment your ideas, and in case of any disagreements, we use a poll.
Emblems:
  • More layers! As far as lag from all of the layers goes, Call of Duty isn't responsible for laggy systems. Therefor, give the community a chance to expand on their emblems :)
  • Not just the weapons! I want to put my Rainbow Dash cutiemark emblem on my back. How threatened would you feel if you were following someone with an eye emblem on their back. And as far as "inappropriate emblems", we already have that and should be reported on sight.
  • Not just the weapons continued! You know "COD: Ghosts"? The one dude has that skull on his mask. I would love to chase people around with a hockeymask/ski mask emblem hybrid.
Weapons:
  • I want a pretty knife! Can we have a bigger knife? or even a jagged knife? I hate the models of the knives they always use. Give us a choice. Attachment examples: Jagged blade (+1 damage, -2 speed) the speed thing is because it would get stuck easier.
  • Overpowered knives! You might like the one knife kill, but I don't. Someone stabs you in the foot with their knife after you just emptied the contents of a 180 round magazine into them, they win. Do you like that? I don't. Unless they got you in the head or throat (or any other vital area). But I am positive I can survive without a toe.
  • Ballistic Knife attachments! I want a semtex attachment :), the pull ring would be hooked around the ballstic knife trigger, while the actual bomb is stuck on the knife. Why a semtex attachment? How many times have you missed with a ballistic knife? Well if you miss, there is still a chance that the person will be in that range for your semtex to kill them.
  • Out of bullets? Throw your knife! Although stupid, it might save your life in a One in the Chamber. Also if you lose your knife (retrieveable knife BTW) you can have the ability to SNAP THEIR NECKS!
  • More animations! Like the bullet above, if you miss with the knife, you might want to snap someones neck, would you like a nice High Quality animation with that? Also, make different ones. I don't want the same animation every time I snap someones neck. It would feel too much like an ability. I want to snap their necks like a needed to in order to save my life. Besides, if you snapped someone's neck, would you do it the EXACT same way every time? It's the LITTLE things that MANY people like.
  • (idea by Carlos) Counter-attack! In Battlefield 4, they had counter-attacks. Why not COD? I can honestly see it, someone tries to stab you and you just twist their arm, grab their knife, shove it in their neck, and kick them away. EDIT: Also, a tapping thing would add some realism. Counter-attack and you need to press X over and over and over again until the other person gives out and gets stabbed, or another player shoots you.
  • "Don't get cheap on me Dodgson", I have seen some of the weapons in Call Of Duty history... you have failed to serve them their justice. Go on youtube and search "Firing a [insert gun name here]" and study every move and accurate shot.
  • Bring the Desert Eagle back!!! Although a strong gun with high recoil, I love the Desert Eagle. It is not impractical. You shoot someone with that, and they aren't getting up. Also, you f***ed the recoil up. Atleast have varying recoils. Also, camos! Imma have some black oxide finish Desert Eagle with some Cobalt blue dot iron sights.
  • More attachments for secondaries! I was pissed off with the Desert Eagle attachments... only tactical knife and akimbo. WTF, give us a silencer, dot sight, extended mag, .357, .44, and .50 barrels with different stats, and I want a muzzlebreak.
More to come, just running out of ideas. Thank you if you read this, and reply because I honestly want to know what the PERFECT Cod game would be like.

Last edited:

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Jul 11, 2009
California
www.carlosx360.com
PSN
CarlosX360
Thank you for posting your ideas for the next Call of Duty title! I like some of the ideas you have.
Overpowered knives! You might like the one knife kill, but I don't. Someone stabs you in the foot with their knife after you just emptied the contents of a 180 round magazine into them. Do you like that? I don't. Unless they got you in the head or throat (or any other vital area). But I am positive I can survive without a toe.
In Battlefield 4, there's a counter-knife attack. In the next game they should add that. I loved it when I discovered it for the first time in the BF4 Beta.

Welcome to CODForums! :)

xNoobshot

Kaos Ambassador
Aug 30, 2013
Steam
[TiC] Havok
I played the BF4 beta, but it kept freezing. After about 16 times of it freezing I uninstalled it and completely changed my mind on buying BF4.

Its a shame because I had BF3 for two years and was expecting another great working game.

Even BF3s BETA didn't freeze.

Oct 12, 2013
Pivot animation of counterattack example: Link
lol not the best but I did it in a few minutes XD
Caution: the avi file is violent, viewer discretion is advised

Last edited:

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Jul 11, 2009
California
www.carlosx360.com
PSN
CarlosX360
I played the BF4 beta, but it kept freezing. After about 16 times of it freezing I uninstalled it and completely changed my mind on buying BF4.
I think BF4 was pushing the PS3/Xbox 360 hardware to the best of their ability. I've experienced a lot of slowdown in hectic battles, I've experienced in-game freezing, I've experienced "loading" freeze, I've experienced connection interrupted blank screen, and I think we just witnessed both consoles being pushed hard.

If the game can't be handled in beta, then I wonder how well the game plays in full-game. I'm not buying BF4 until I know it's stable.
Its a shame because I had BF3 for two years and was expecting another great working game.
The game is nice, but it's not as smooth as BF4 is.
Even BF3s BETA didn't freeze.
But it had a lot of glitches, bugs, and whatnot. I even went under a rock, which isn't supposed to happen if you wanted to crouch or go prone.

Sep 28, 2014
The knife should be equipped as a secondary weapon. Not only that but there should be different versions of the knife that you can equip and they can all be throw-able.

1.Combat knife
2.Bowie knife
3.Tomahawk
4.Machete
5.Katana

Each of these weapons can be thrown, and they all have a 1 hit kill, however the throwing and melee attack range is different depending of the size of the weapon. (ex. the combat knife has the longest throwing range, but the shortest melee range)

If a knife is not equipped as your secondary, you can use your rifle as a melee attack, but it will be 2 hit hill instead of a 1 hit kill. This would (for the most part) stop most people from panic knifing. Causing frustration.

A special animation can be seen for each weapon when the player kills another with a knife from behind. This would be called a "Stealth kill" and would reward bonus points.

Stealth Kill bonuses can be accumulated towards earning custom camos... And yes, I know what your thinking, a silver/gold/diamond camo Katana would be the coolest thing ever to see on your custom character...

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2016
updated :3 don't be shy to admit your ideas
A melee only mode because meles are so hard to get challenges done when everyone else has a bulleted weapon

There needs to be a melee only mode. Getting challenges done with melee weapons are hard with you being shot every time you try to get close

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 22, 2016
I really want Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer to do something to wrap up the Ghosts and AW narratives. And I believe it is time for Treyarch to move onto a new setting and sub-series, as Black Ops has been completely exhausted at this point. Beyond that, exploring lots of other conflicts, like following Battlefield's lead by utilizing WWI, making a non-propaganda rendition of the War On Terror, and so on, would be quite an interesting move. I also think having far more moments in narratives in controlling the antagonists would go a long way in terms of shaking things up.

Well, I hope that Treyarch is able to come up with something truly exciting and is a new game or series unconnected to Black Ops. There simply is no rationale to continue there, especially if it's something that ruins the ambiguous ending of BO3.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Jul 11, 2009
California
www.carlosx360.com
PSN
CarlosX360
Well, I hope that Treyarch is able to come up with something truly exciting and is a new game or series unconnected to Black Ops. There simply is no rationale to continue there, especially if it's something that ruins the ambiguous ending of BO3.
They won't, though. Black Ops is a bigger sub-franchise than Modern Warfare. Yes, you heard me right: Black Ops > Modern Warfare. Thing is, if they do a new series completely, that marketing is going to be difficult. Ghosts failed, Advanced Warfare did okay, but wasn't selling like Modern Warfare, and I don't even have to tell you that Infinite Warfare failed. All three had one thing in common: They are completely new sub-series. Call of Duty: WWII sold really well because its going back to the World War 2 theatre. Here is an article I did precisely about this.

Jun 22, 2016
I guess we're just going to see what unfolds. I still have concerns, and I also have hope. It's just a fight to see which wins out. At the very least, I don't fear that we the fans will be treated to a shitshow the way Gearbox did with Aliens: Colonial Marines, as Activision and the three developers are far better and more talented to avoid such a calamity as that. But I do fear that all the gains that the series has made and the steps towards respectability are going to be wiped out because of an overeager need to pander.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Jul 11, 2009
California
www.carlosx360.com
PSN
CarlosX360
I guess we're just going to see what unfolds. I still have concerns, and I also have hope. It's just a fight to see which wins out. At the very least, I don't fear that we the fans will be treated to a shitshow the way Gearbox did with Aliens: Colonial Marines, as Activision and the three developers are far better and more talented to avoid such a calamity as that. But I do fear that all the gains that the series has made and the steps towards respectability are going to be wiped out because of an overeager need to pander.
I was just talking to my brother over the holidays about this. I told him Call of Duty is not forever. The franchise is big, but it's too big to even stay sustaining. You can't please everyone. They're better off switching sub-series every year. Like I suggested before: World War, Modern War, Future War, rinse and repeat. Put a film in the middle of down periods such as Future War to make up for the shortcoming of that game. That's how you maintain market leadership with a brand as powerful as Call of Duty.

It's not a good idea to go like World War 2, World War 2, World War 2, then Modern Warfare, Modern Warfare, Modern Warfare, then Advanced Warfare, Advanced Warfare. That's what we saw with Advanced Warfare > Black Ops 3 > Infinite Warfare. The reason why World War 2 games escaped the controversy that we now have, is because some of them started with World War 2, some of them started with Modern Warfare, some of them started with the whole "Black Ops" theme. Black Ops refers to an operation that is deemed as top secret, that the world does not even know. That's why they went crazy with BO2/3. That's why they can bend the story far enough that captivates players.

Last edited:

Like CODForums!

Pays for Server Costs