1. Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Ideas for Next COD Game

Discussion in 'Upcoming Call of Duty' started by TheGamersOfA, Oct 12, 2013.

1. TheGamersOfA

TheGamersOfA Recruit

Greetings! I am a Call Of Duty player and I have noticed that many people hate certain things about each game. I personally think we should all just make a thread about what we want and don't want. Let's begin.
    (BTW this will be an ongoing thread) So comment your ideas, and in case of any disagreements, we use a poll.
    Emblems:
    • More layers! As far as lag from all of the layers goes, Call of Duty isn't responsible for laggy systems. Therefor, give the community a chance to expand on their emblems :)
    • Not just the weapons! I want to put my Rainbow Dash cutiemark emblem on my back. How threatened would you feel if you were following someone with an eye emblem on their back. And as far as "inappropriate emblems", we already have that and should be reported on sight.
    • Not just the weapons continued! You know "COD: Ghosts"? The one dude has that skull on his mask. I would love to chase people around with a hockeymask/ski mask emblem hybrid.
    Weapons:
    • I want a pretty knife! Can we have a bigger knife? or even a jagged knife? I hate the models of the knives they always use. Give us a choice. Attachment examples: Jagged blade (+1 damage, -2 speed) the speed thing is because it would get stuck easier.
    • Overpowered knives! You might like the one knife kill, but I don't. Someone stabs you in the foot with their knife after you just emptied the contents of a 180 round magazine into them, they win. Do you like that? I don't. Unless they got you in the head or throat (or any other vital area). But I am positive I can survive without a toe.
    • Ballistic Knife attachments! I want a semtex attachment :), the pull ring would be hooked around the ballstic knife trigger, while the actual bomb is stuck on the knife. Why a semtex attachment? How many times have you missed with a ballistic knife? Well if you miss, there is still a chance that the person will be in that range for your semtex to kill them.
    • Out of bullets? Throw your knife! Although stupid, it might save your life in a One in the Chamber. Also if you lose your knife (retrieveable knife BTW) you can have the ability to SNAP THEIR NECKS!
    • More animations! Like the bullet above, if you miss with the knife, you might want to snap someones neck, would you like a nice High Quality animation with that? Also, make different ones. I don't want the same animation every time I snap someones neck. It would feel too much like an ability. I want to snap their necks like a needed to in order to save my life. Besides, if you snapped someone's neck, would you do it the EXACT same way every time? It's the LITTLE things that MANY people like.
    • (idea by Carlos) Counter-attack! In Battlefield 4, they had counter-attacks. Why not COD? I can honestly see it, someone tries to stab you and you just twist their arm, grab their knife, shove it in their neck, and kick them away. EDIT: Also, a tapping thing would add some realism. Counter-attack and you need to press X over and over and over again until the other person gives out and gets stabbed, or another player shoots you.
    • "Don't get cheap on me Dodgson", I have seen some of the weapons in Call Of Duty history... you have failed to serve them their justice. Go on youtube and search "Firing a [insert gun name here]" and study every move and accurate shot.
    • Bring the Desert Eagle back!!! Although a strong gun with high recoil, I love the Desert Eagle. It is not impractical. You shoot someone with that, and they aren't getting up. Also, you f***ed the recoil up. Atleast have varying recoils. Also, camos! Imma have some black oxide finish Desert Eagle with some Cobalt blue dot iron sights.
    • More attachments for secondaries! I was pissed off with the Desert Eagle attachments... only tactical knife and akimbo. WTF, give us a silencer, dot sight, extended mag, .357, .44, and .50 barrels with different stats, and I want a muzzlebreak.
    More to come, just running out of ideas. Thank you if you read this, and reply because I honestly want to know what the PERFECT Cod game would be like.

#1 TheGamersOfA, Oct 12, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  2. Carlos

Carlos Owner
    Staff Member Private

Thank you for posting your ideas for the next Call of Duty title! I like some of the ideas you have.
    In Battlefield 4, there's a counter-knife attack. In the next game they should add that. I loved it when I discovered it for the first time in the BF4 Beta.

Welcome to CODForums! :)

3. TheGamersOfA

TheGamersOfA Recruit

Good idea, added to the list.

4. Carlos

Carlos Owner
    Staff Member Private

I take it you played the BF4 beta, too?

5. TheGamersOfA

TheGamersOfA Recruit

A little, I got lost after the first 20 seconds

6. Fivehp

Fivehp Kaos Ambassador

I played the BF4 beta, but it kept freezing. After about 16 times of it freezing I uninstalled it and completely changed my mind on buying BF4.

Its a shame because I had BF3 for two years and was expecting another great working game.

Even BF3s BETA didn't freeze.

7. TheGamersOfA

TheGamersOfA Recruit

Pivot animation of counterattack example: Link
    lol not the best but I did it in a few minutes XD
    Caution: the avi file is violent, viewer discretion is advised

#7 TheGamersOfA, Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  8. Carlos

Carlos Owner
    Staff Member Private

I think BF4 was pushing the PS3/Xbox 360 hardware to the best of their ability. I've experienced a lot of slowdown in hectic battles, I've experienced in-game freezing, I've experienced "loading" freeze, I've experienced connection interrupted blank screen, and I think we just witnessed both consoles being pushed hard.

If the game can't be handled in beta, then I wonder how well the game plays in full-game. I'm not buying BF4 until I know it's stable.
    The game is nice, but it's not as smooth as BF4 is.
    But it had a lot of glitches, bugs, and whatnot. I even went under a rock, which isn't supposed to happen if you wanted to crouch or go prone.

9. TheGamersOfA

TheGamersOfA Recruit

updated :3 don't be shy to admit your ideas

10. Scotteh

Scotteh Recruit

Hmm... Prettier knife you say? Seems like my ballpark. I'll see what I can cook up when it's IW's turn.

11. KUROTOKO

KUROTOKO Recruit

The knife should be equipped as a secondary weapon. Not only that but there should be different versions of the knife that you can equip and they can all be throw-able.

1.Combat knife
    2.Bowie knife
    3.Tomahawk
    4.Machete
    5.Katana

Each of these weapons can be thrown, and they all have a 1 hit kill, however the throwing and melee attack range is different depending of the size of the weapon. (ex. the combat knife has the longest throwing range, but the shortest melee range)

If a knife is not equipped as your secondary, you can use your rifle as a melee attack, but it will be 2 hit hill instead of a 1 hit kill. This would (for the most part) stop most people from panic knifing. Causing frustration.

A special animation can be seen for each weapon when the player kills another with a knife from behind. This would be called a "Stealth kill" and would reward bonus points.

Stealth Kill bonuses can be accumulated towards earning custom camos... And yes, I know what your thinking, a silver/gold/diamond camo Katana would be the coolest thing ever to see on your custom character...

#11 KUROTOKO, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  12. xx_JamesKirby_xx

A melee only mode because meles are so hard to get challenges done when everyone else has a bulleted weapon

There needs to be a melee only mode. Getting challenges done with melee weapons are hard with you being shot every time you try to get close

#12 xx_JamesKirby_xx, Jul 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2016
  13. Ronnie Courson

Ronnie Courson Recruit

I would love to have the zombies mode to be robot zombies I hope you'll do that because it would be a cool.