• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Introduce Campaign Checkpoints FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ERR0R

Recruit
My god. The Campaign's design is so frustratingly bad it hurts.
I'm trying to get the platinum trophy for this game, but this game is making it really hard for me, and NOT for the right reasons.

So first of all, what the heck happened with starting a mission from a certain checkpoint? In the previous COD's you were able to start a mission halfway through, for some reason this isn't possible now. Which means that if you try to get one of those pesky accolades and the game suddenly decides that is time for a checkpoint right after you failed to do the challenge for the accolade, you have no other option than to redo the whole mission. Which is especially a lot of fun if the accolade is at the very end of the mission and you fail it multiple times, which means that you have to do the whole mission again. And again. And again..

Also a genius design; if you leave a mission halfway through, you won't be able to continue where you left off. After you have completed the campaign once, when you leave a mission and you press "resume campaign" it will go back to the last mission you have completed. Which means, that if you didn't complete a mission, you have to redo the mission. Again.

It's bad enough that I have to play through a campaign multiple times with a story that I personally find pretty boring, but it's also at some parts incredibly slow paced, (the first mission makes me cry for how long I have to walk behind Hendrik's ass) buggy and glitched; but this would all be okay if I could at least start from a certain checkpoint!

I'm new to this forum, but if anyone reads this from the dev's or if this gets enough attention; please, please bring (back) a 'start from last checkpoint' or just starting a mission from a certain checkpoint from the menu!

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
H Allow me to introduce myself The Lobby 11
Roccityroller Allow me to introduce myself The Lobby 3
cybernetic Introduce yourself! The Lobby 6
InfamousSlayer If You Had The Choice To Introduce A New Game Mode! (Black Ops 2 - Gameplay/Commentary) Call of Duty Media 0
ChevyCheyenne Hey, just want to introduce myself :) The Lobby 3
M Vanguard campaign is going to be like WaW? Call of Duty: Vanguard 1
K Call of Duty 4 Custom Campaign: 20+ NEW Missions! (''Heroes 7'' Mod Preview) Call of Duty Media 0
CODForums Call of Duty Vanguard campaign gameplay released Call of Duty News 0
A [PC] The game keeps crashing with the 887A0005 error code while opening evidence board in campaign Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 1
C Is anybody else unable to play campaign? Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 0
C Cant Play Cold War Campaign Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 0
E How are the multiplayer maps related to the campaign? Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 0
H CoD: CW - How can I turn off HUD completely in Realism campaign mode? Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 0
M This game has no gore or bullet wounds on enemies. Ruins the campaign. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 0
D Cold War Campaign Call of Duty Media 5
C Black Ops Cold War Campaign Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 1
K COD ONLINE Campaign (Chinese Call of Duty Full Campaign) Call of Duty Media 0
CODForums Black Ops Cold War Campaign Mission Teaser Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 0
J Campaign lock symbol Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
B Cannot play Campaign mode since update. Keep getting a missing dlc pack error Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 5
T Cannot start/install Single-Player Campaign Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
G Campaign Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
Carlos Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered revealed and released General Call of Duty 0
T Rumor: No Campaign Mode? General Call of Duty 1
S Infinite Warfare Campaign Guesses General Call of Duty 1
D Will I get a ban for single player campaign TRAINER usage? General Call of Duty 1
TeddyBearSniper1 World at war co op campaign General Call of Duty 0
eGsistance BO3 Campaign set in 2060, features co-op play and new technology General Call of Duty 0
eGsistance BO3 campaign story is ripped from the headlines, revolves around classified military leaks General Call of Duty 0
eGsistance Black Ops 3 Teaser Breakdown: Zombies references, Campaign locations, and more General Call of Duty 0
Lovely01 Call of Duty: Ghosts Campaign...good or bad? General Call of Duty 7
Smokey Anyone else feel the campaign was bad? General Call of Duty 3
WhoIsDo Advanced Warfare's campaign can be beaten in 5 hours General Call of Duty 7
TeamNiceDynamite Thoughts on the Campaign? General Call of Duty 17
Derri Female character named “Ilona” part of Advanced Warfare’s campaign revealed General Call of Duty 2
V Least favourite campaign mission? Call of Duty Media 0
WhoIsDo COD player turns World at War campaign into movie Call of Duty Media 1
J Best campaign? General Call of Duty 3
T Call of Duty Ghosts Gameplay Walkthrough Part 2 - Campaign Mission 3 - Riley Call of Duty Media 0
T Call Of Duty Ghost Gameplay Walkthrough Part 1 - Campaign Mission 1 Call of Duty Media 0
Shiznoe Call of Duty: Ghosts Campaign First Look! Call of Duty Media 0
C COD: Ghosts - Completed Campaign Call of Duty Media 0
Ghost_Imported3 Does anyone else play the campaign for the story? General Call of Duty 13
GoodGorilla Best Call Of Duty campaign. General Call of Duty 3
samb222 Campaign General Call of Duty 13
SteeelWoool Have you beaten the campaign on Veteran? General Call of Duty 18
thethirdeye Favorite Campaign General Call of Duty 5
V Cod Campaign - CoD1 (Ep. 0) - Introduction Call of Duty Media 0
C Cooperative Campaign Mode General Call of Duty 0
D All cheats? Like, Campaign Cheats, And nazi zombie cheats? General Call of Duty 1