1. Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: WWII, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Kevin Spacey

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare' started by GTK48, Nov 4, 2017.

Sponsored
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GTK48

GTK48 Recruit

It would be nice if The character he played could be be changed to some other actor. I loved the game but I can no longer play it.

2. Toxic34

Toxic34 Recruit

I don't see a reason why Sledgehammer is going to do that, at least not in terms of doing a patch over a previously released products. Should there be an AW sequel (which I still hope there is), I imagine they would not show his face or feature his voice, out of respect. I do fully understand why you are uncomfortable, and I don't blame you for it.

Personally, I've always been able to enjoy someone's art and separate the art from the life. Hence why I can still listen to Ted Nugent (at least his early work in the '70s) and watch the films of Roman Polanski. Hence, I can still see Seven, LA Confidential, The Usual Suspects, A Bug's Life (that was him as Hopper), even American Beauty, in part because I already went through the squeamishness. Now I see that the reason he plays morally dubious individuals so often and so well is because that is who he actually is. If anything, the uncovering of the real Kevin Spacey makes his demise in the end all the more enjoyable.

3. Carlos

Carlos Owner
    Staff Member Private

Not going to happen. The single player can't really be patched individually, and can't be cast out until a fundamental shift has been done to the actual game. Until actually the next update they do the actual disc. That's why it's a lil dangerous to put actors in the first version than the patches.

Pop culture is bullshit. In my opinion, that's what this is. A Star Trek character trying to be relevant and Kevin Spacey is. Which leads me to believe what he's saying is bullshit. Kevin Spacey saying this and that about the Star Trek dude is two things in my eyes. Deflection, and an admittance. To me, Spacey sounds like a nice guy, but at the same time, I see it... I see it like "What the fuck?" and then I come to a realization that this is what the media does. Destroy careers.

Why did this Star Trek guy come forward now? That's where it's suspicious. Why? What's the point? Why does the women come forward now? To be attention seeking? Really? I'd believe you 10-20 years ago. Not now. It's too politically charged. Since Trump became president.

4. GTK48

GTK48 Recruit

Fake News

5. Ik0n

Ik0n Moderator
    Staff Member

Safety in numbers in my opinion. People are afraid to say anything and once on person does, everyone that has been affected feels safe to come out with their story. Look at the story now, there are a ton of people that are accusing him now. He is a garbage human. You can't change anything in the past though, I don't think that's necessary.

6. Toxic34

Toxic34 Recruit

Well, if they do end up making an AW sequel, at least they won't need him. So they're in a good position regarding that.

7. Carlos

Carlos Owner
    Staff Member Private

I'm just going to lock this thread down. If Kevin Spacey is a bad person to the point of what the stories are telling, is in fact true, then goodbye Spacey. But if some of the stories being told are smeared by liars and bullshitters - I'm not going to give the platform to people who cry wolf. Fuck that shit. Otherwise, this thread is done.

Spacey's work was good. Too bad it's being destroyed by media networks who are fishing for controversial stories. That's why I hate the media today. I believe that the media is what's hurting democracy. I've been reading on this subject since college. Dissent media exists so much, that only 6 major corporations have the power to brainwash your mind to the point of hating a particular person. That includes Trump.

All your favorite TV channels? Owned by a larger corporation. The worst part is, there are literally hundreds upon thousands of news organizations. These six corporations own them. Let me put it another way: In North Korea (and similar communist countries), there's only ONE channel. If you disagree with anything the communists are selling to you - you can be puinished, or be killed.

Here in United States, everyone has it lucky that this is a free country, and everyone can just fucking lie to you just to get their way. That's the world we live in. That's where we are now as a society. But we only have ourselves to blame for the bullshit that goes on in the media. We buy their shit, we virally talk about them, we do this and this. The media seems to think that every time we watch a show, they can sell us ideas. But what they really want is for you to give a few seconds of your time to ads. That's why, at 10 o'clock, we have the news - but most of the news is pure bullshit. Local news is neccessary, but in the larger scheme of things - such as the Donald Trump crap going on daily. The media sells you a propaganda. It's up to you to believe what you see, hear, read, or simply, ignore the bullshit. Trump says a lot of stupid shit for a reason. Let the haters call him stupid. Let experts call on his bullshit. Fact is, he's smart. As a marketing guy, I understand where Trump is coming from. He shudders and wipes off the feelings that haters shill him for. He's upfront, but everything he says gets miscontrued, misunderstood, or taken out of context, even though the tape is rolling. He's done everything to get everyone to talk to each other about politics. That's what we need the most, and he's doing that. Problem is, everyone is touchy. Crying, getting pissed off, getting everyone fighting with each other, and so on and on.

That's my stance on the situation, and I don't like it very much. I voted for Trump, and I support him in the sense that I believe that he's trying his very best to help the country. But it's the liberals, the democrats who are trying to put Trump into obscurity. Happened with Obama, its happening now with Trump, the difference is - it's taking longer to get everyone to "like" Trump, or even believe in him.

If you don't believe me, I implore you to begin binge watching either "Madam Secretary" (it's a good show, but it's eerily close to reality - almost too close, and I say the same for...), "Designated Survivor."

EDIT: I was minding my own business trying to rest and watch a good YouTube video, I check up on AlphaOmegaSin's new video. Listening to it, I think it's relevant to this entire discusssion. Please watch it, and listen to what the guy's saying. I agree with all of it...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zet7eRd5_78

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.