1. Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: WWII, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

leaderboard place

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops' started by egroegart, Dec 1, 2014.

Sponsored
  1. egroegart

egroegart Recruit

Hello, I just started playing COD last year. I haven't really paid attention to statistics or anything up until this week and I'm not really understanding it. For example when I go to the leaderboards for this month it shows I'm in 65,796th place. What I don't understand is the people in places just before me and after me have much less kills than I do. I have 5,941 kills this month and the person in the place ahead of me has only 1,158 kills. and the person in front of him has only 355 kills. So I guess I don't understand how this works. It seems I should be in a much higher place than this considering I have thousands of more kills than anyone else in the places near me. Thanks for the help ahead of time. I appreciate any help.

2. Carlos

Carlos Owner
    Staff Member Private

I think that the leaderboard in question "thinks" the person did one thing better in another area that you're not seeing.

For example, he might have a higher K/D ratio, whilst having low kills.

3. Atlas of Karma

Atlas of Karma Recruit

In Black Ops 1 I believe Gamemode Leaderboards went by Score Per Minute instead of Kills/Objectives/KD ratio. This has been extremely abused and that's why newer CODs don't use Score Per Minute for the leaderboards anymore.

Then again Black Ops 1 is old and the leaderboards used to work fine, but now they're pretty messed up on both consoles from all the hackers/cheaters/boosters. Treyarch of course stopped cleaning up after the game had been out for a year. :(

Carlos likes this.
  4. Carlos

Carlos Owner
    Staff Member Private

@Atlas of Karma brings up a good point. The leaderboard is usually hacked post-launch.