• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Tactical Gaming

Load outs

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTCGuru81

Recruit
So, a friend of mine just picked up a ps3, and for some reason Black Ops I. Being a good friend, I didn't make fun of her and dusted off my old copy to play. I was shocked. I haven't played it since before MW3, as I move on from each title as the new one comes out. I loved black ops, but looking at it now, and even worse, feeling how clunky the control was, is startling in contrast to the vast improvements in BOII. Among the things I found myself missing was the intense level of customization available to me in the load out and it got me thinking, can I really go back?

If the new game doesn't at least match the level of customization, I doubt I'll even be willing to pick it up. It's revolutionized how I handle the game and I'm actually quite worried they'll ditch it.

So what do you all think? What's your take on BOII load out style and what do you want from the new system? A total reworking? Expansion on the old one?

Tactical Gaming

CrispyEggos

Recruit
I do like how there's a lot of variety with the Pick 10 System of BO2. It lets you never really get bored and create a lot of setups.

However, I've found myself never happy with it. I'll slap on one thing, and realize I'd rather have another. To me, there should be some balance like there was to Black Ops 1, like everybody could only really use a Perk 1, Perk 2 and Perk 3. It kept things somewhat equal.

Now, somebody can roll with Ghost and Hardline and a gun with three attachments that just destroys. I don't know...I'm used to games where I like skill to be a factor...and I feel a lot of the times I get killed in BO2 is because they have a different setup than me that allowed them to have the upper hand. Black Ops 1 really only had a gun and the perks, and not picking and choosing two of one type, etc. But it's definitely interesting and has a lot more possibilities. So far people seem to like it...I'd be happy with either style to be honest.

riku517

Recruit
I agree and disagree with CrispyEggos. I like the system and I do feel it allows for a lot of customization. Aside from the setups that take away from the fun of the game (ie what crispy pointed out), the setups add depth to the game and you need to have some skill to figure out which setup will beat most of the other ones without ruining the fun.

samb222

Recruit
To be honest I'd be happy with either style of loadout, and in BOII I found myself using just the standard load out anyway.. (3 perks, primary, secondary, tactical etc..), and I never really switched it up because I didn't feel the need to. Even if they implemented a new system, I think I'd just stick to my tried and tested way.

thethirdeye

Recruit
I agree and disagree with CrispyEggos. I like the system and I do feel it allows for a lot of customization. Aside from the setups that take away from the fun of the game (ie what crispy pointed out), the setups add depth to the game and you need to have some skill to figure out which setup will beat most of the other ones without ruining the fun.
Yup, I actually prefer the setups. I takes so much strategy to think about what setup you need to use for the situation( i.e. the map and game mode). I still consider Black Ops 2 the better game though.

BTCGuru81

Recruit
I
I do like how there's a lot of variety with the Pick 10 System of BO2. It lets you never really get bored and create a lot of setups.

However, I've found myself never happy with it. I'll slap on one thing, and realize I'd rather have another. To me, there should be some balance like there was to Black Ops 1, like everybody could only really use a Perk 1, Perk 2 and Perk 3. It kept things somewhat equal.

Now, somebody can roll with Ghost and Hardline and a gun with three attachments that just destroys. I don't know...I'm used to games where I like skill to be a factor...and I feel a lot of the times I get killed in BO2 is because they have a different setup than me that allowed them to have the upper hand. Black Ops 1 really only had a gun and the perks, and not picking and choosing two of one type, etc. But it's definitely interesting and has a lot more possibilities. So far people seem to like it...I'd be happy with either style to be honest.
do agree that there were some frustrating moments in trying to balance my load out. I found you can never really get the %100 perfect load out. And frankly I'm just fine with this! One of the things I disliked about MW2 was that there were load outs that were entirely too op and this forced everyone to kind of have to play in that pocket. In BO2, every good loadout has strengths but also weaknesses.

kamy

Recruit
Yeh i think there should be more things you can do with a gun like maybe attachments that make the gun worse and more that make the gun better with a combination.

Arutea

Recruit
BOI was an unfinished game AT BEST. Remember when it first came out? every month there was at least 2 patches per month to "balance" out the game. It was clearly unfinished and the fans did NOT like that one bit. The Pick 10 System in BOII was flawless because it wouldn't let you overpower your gun but it wouldn't let it be weak also.

Monteti

Recruit
I love the customization system in BOII more than any of the other ones, however I agree with CrispyEggos, it's such a give and take system that it can be so hard to make a good decision half of the time. Sometimes I'm getting owned by kids who blindly throw grenades so I throw Flak Jacket on, but then realize that UAVs destroy me without Ghost or my scorestreaks don't come fast enough without Hardline. It's quite iffy most of the time.

Venomeye

Recruit
I didn't mind black ops although I personally would not go back and play it.
The only reason I enjoyed it, was at the time I had a lot of friends playing so we would party up and play privately mainly things like gun game,one in the chamber and sticks and stones good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements

Tactical Gaming