• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Modern Warfare 3 DLC arrives on Xbox Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Activision released Modern Warfare 3 and went on to break records at retail. By the weeks’ end, Modern Warfare 3 made 775 million dollars. There are millions of gamers online every day on Modern Warfare 3, and Activision planned months and years ahead of MW3 launch to make sure that Modern Warfare fans stay on the Call of Duty brand. Activision created Beachhead Studios to create Call of Duty Elite, a digital distribution service aimed at Call of Duty fans, starting with MW3. Activision, and Beachhead Studios spent the majority of time between November 8th, 2011 to present to make sure that DLC launches go smoothly. There were some hitches at launch that delayed the founders’ earning of their titles.

To hype up the kick-off of the Content Season for MW3, on January 10th, Activision released a teaser video for the MW3 DLC:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaQdKJ2LMNI

Earlier today, Activision released a press release to celebrate the release of the MW3 DLC:
Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI), has lit the fuse on the highly-anticipated Modern Warfare 3 Content Season for Call of Duty Elite, with the release of two all-new multiplayer maps, the opening salvo of nine consecutive months of downloadable content for Call of Duty Elite’s premium members on the Xbox LIVE online entertainment network for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.​
Call of Duty Elite Drop 1: Liberation, a militarized Central Park in the heart of NYC, featuring a vast landscape ripe for long-range sniper and LMG kills. Mounted turrets on opposing ends of the map offer overwhelming firepower to anyone brave enough to man them. Elite Drop 2: Piazza, set in an idyllic seaside village, Italian getaway gone rogue, where blind corners and a complex network of branching pathways pose danger at every turn. Visceral close-quarters combat dominates in Piazza, and attacks from above and below are an ever-constant threat.​
To celebrate the launch of the new content drops on Xbox LIVE, Call of Duty Elite will run specialized community screen shot events highlighting the new maps through the end of the month, with real-world prizes on tap for winners.​
Published by Activision and co-developed by three powerhouse studios — Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software — the Modern Warfare 3 Content Season will include an unprecedented breadth and variety of new content. Liberation and Piazza are the first two of twenty new Content Drops for Call of Duty Elite premium members, rolling out once a month throughout the nine-month DLC season. The Content Drops will be available for purchase by the entire Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 player community on Xbox LIVE in March, as part of the first Modern Warfare 3 Content Collection. The Content Drops will be available on additional platforms at a later time.​
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is rated “M” (Mature) by the ESRB for Blood and Gore, Drug Reference, Intense Violence and Strong Language. For more information on the Call of Duty: MW3 content drops, season of content, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and Call of Duty Elite visit www.callofduty.com/mw3 and www.callofduty.com/elite.​
To become a Call of Duty Elite premium member and receive Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 content early, go to http://www.callofduty.com/elite/go-premium. For additional Call of Duty Elite updates and information, visit www.facebook.com/callofdutyelite, and also via Twitter @CallofDutyElite.​

And so, without further ado, Activision released a video talking about the two DLC maps that are on Xbox Live:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOx4gyTRvVA

Don’t worry PC gamers, and PlayStation 3 owners the maps will arrive shortly! In the meantime, why don’t you apply the new patch updates?

To learn more about how to download the maps, see here.

H4D3N

Recruit
Any word on an official Ps3 release date? I'm hearing Feb something... but no concrete answer.

H4D3N

Recruit
A lot of people are rather upset. I'm annoyed but certainly not freaking out... but holy hell there are a lot of upset ps3 users out there and IW isn't addressing any of them.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
I don't know, but I think Feb is the right answer. It's January 27th, so it's not far fetched.

P.S. Can you please avoid double-posting?

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
for the pc wil need to buy elite and if so how?
I don't think so, I think its the same that you've been doing for the last... 3 games. As, ya know Elite isn't enabled for PC:
We've been working closely with Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games to customize a Call of Duty ELITE membership offering for the PC. Since the PC is an open platform, it's difficult to provide the secure data and statistics necessary for the premium tier of Call of Duty ELITE. Because of this, there will not be an Call of Duty ELITE premium offering on the PC in the near future, but we are continuing to work towards a free Call of Duty ELITE offering and will continue to update the community with more information post launch. As we stated previously, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 will support dedicated servers for our PC community, and we will also continue to provide PC gamers the option to purchase downloadable content on the PC as we always have. We are working hard to provide our PC fans the best Call of Duty experience they have had to date.
However, here are the steps to download it from PC:
View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6uuwoWpejg

The tutorial uses Xbox Live, but the Store button is listed on the menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.