• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Modern Warfare PC glitching every few seconds bug

Hi everyone,
Ever since the season 4 update, I have experienced major performance issues. Whenever I load up MW, it starts to glitch every few seconds (video and audio) and it doesn't stop. Whenever it does, it says it is packet loss, but I recently turned on the packet loss view setting and it says there isn't any whenever the sign appears. I can't put my finger on what is causing the glitching. I have attached a video of the glitching. Hopefully someone may have had this issue and fixed it. If you do have an idea on what is causing it then please tell me, it's really annoying when I want to play and can't. Video

Thanks everyone
- Monkeyboy8008

Hi everyone,
Ever since the season 4 update, I have experienced major performance issues. Whenever I load up MW, it starts to glitch every few seconds (video and audio) and it doesn't stop. Whenever it does, it says it is packet loss, but I recently turned on the packet loss view setting and it says there isn't any whenever the sign appears. I can't put my finger on what is causing the glitching. I have attached a video of the glitching. Hopefully someone may have had this issue and fixed it. If you do have an idea on what is causing it then please tell me, it's really annoying when I want to play and can't. Video

Thanks everyone
- Monkeyboy8008
i had a problem on different servers. but i think they did a silent update on that fix, its working fine now for me. you cango to C promt type in ping www.msn.com -t watch your pings/latency if they jump alot or go very high then low, its your internet dont have caps on either, that command wont work if you do

i had a problem on different servers. but i think they did a silent update on that fix, its working fine now for me. you cango to C promt type in ping www.msn.com -t watch your pings/latency if they jump alot or go very high then low, its your internet dont have caps on either, that command wont work if you do
I have already tried that, the latency/ping is 20 average - which is my usual on every game, on cod it is 20 as well, so I don't think it is lag.

I think the servers might be having some trouble atm. I just had a few matches in a row where I had a problem like yours. It wasn't anywhere near as bad as in your video, but I would get these 10-15 second stutters and the packet loss sign flashing constantly.

Thats the first time I have ever seen the game actually stutter from package loss. Usually the game will still look smooth during package loss.

Zilko

Recruit
I got exactly the same crap as you have, not as bad as you have tho (like bizzyvaping said). I tried so many things but I just can't get to the solution. It starts after 10-30 minutes and then it will continue all the time untill i'm tired of it and close the bloody game. Hopefully someone has an answer for us

I got exactly the same crap as you have, not as bad as you have tho (like bizzyvaping said). I tried so many things but I just can't get to the solution. It starts after 10-30 minutes and then it will continue all the time untill i'm tired of it and close the bloody game. Hopefully someone has an answer for us
What RAM do you have? I fixed it by getting 16gb of ram instead of 8. That was the problem

Zilko

Recruit
What RAM do you have? I fixed it by getting 16gb of ram instead of 8. That was the problem

I got 2x 16GB. I also tried the other 2 slots at my MoBo but nothing helped. Any more suggestions? :)

I notice while playing that my GPU is at constant 100%, while my CPU is at 50%. Bottleneck from my videocard and cpu is 2 or 3 % when comparing...

Zilko

Recruit
Ah yes, I have the slots placed exactly like you’ve said.
But regarding this video and cpu, any idea if it’s normal the video is pulling constantly at 100% I’ll try some other games later today to see if it’s the same

CrackPOT

Recruit
You video card maybe getting hot. I suggest just for fun lower the grafix and put a big fan outside of you case. That is what I did and works fine. Just a suggestion. goof luck ')

Aslo if you decide to do a re-install this is what I suggest you do.
1. Make a back up of your Cod Modern Warfare folder!
=============
2. Make a copy of your setup Settings:
Location: C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Call of Duty Modern Warfare
=============
It save my ass a few times when the game screwed up and save me from having to to a complete re-install of the game! Hope this works fer ya bud ;)

Zilko

Recruit
Aslo if you decide to do a re-install this is what I suggest you do.
1. Make a back up of your Cod Modern Warfare folder!
=============
2. Make a copy of your setup Settings:
Location: C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Call of Duty Modern Warfare
=============
It save my ass a few times when the game screwed up and save me from having to to a complete re-install of the game! Hope this works fer ya bud ;)
I'm not gonna re-install the game for the 3rd time, but thanks for the tip.I just brought my pc to my bro's place and guess what.. no lagg, no fps drop, no nothing after 30+ mins.. I'm gonna give it a shot later again. He's using a diffrent ISP. Tho it might sound weird (close to impossible for me), for now it looks like it was the cause.

That’s a good thing to hear. I’ll try some other ram-memory later today to see if that’ll help
What card do you have? Is it a blower style fan?

I have had 2 blower style cards in the past, and they both needed the fan speed to be at 90-100% in demanding games or they would start thermal throttling.

Zilko

Recruit
What card do you have? Is it a blower style fan?

I have had 2 blower style cards in the past, and they both needed the fan speed to be at 90-100% in demanding games or they would start thermal throttling.
I have a gigabyte amd 5700 XT. It reaches about 80 degree when I’m pulling full throttle on BR.

I have a gigabyte amd 5700 XT. It reaches about 80 degree when I’m pulling full throttle on BR.
80 degrees is really high imo, but it shouldn't be high enough for the card to start throttling (they usually start doing that closer to 90)

But still 80 is pretty high. My card never goes over 60 with the fans turned all the way down at 20%. With the fans at 50% im at around 45 degrees.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements