• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Moving to PC, Advise please

Hi All

I am looking for some advice please. I have been playing warzone from the outset on my XB1. I have always played games on console but I will be working from home from now, so need to buy a PC/Laptop for work and have decided to make the switch from XB to PC.

I have a budget of about £500, is that reasonable? I assume I would get more for my money with a desktop ? Can you advise on what I need to ensure is good/ up to date/fast. I have seen various deals on Ebay and some are just too cheap which always worries me. Take the below, would this be anygood?

Also, I am assuming I can connect my controller ( non XBOX) Fusion to PC.. ? Really don't fancy learning mouse and keyboard, man that's just weird.

Any help/guidance really appreciated.

That won't work for Call Of Duty.. If I understand the listing right, it has onboard Video Graphics and a very old one to boot.. The processor is good.. You'll want to at least double the RAM.. But the video card will kill you... You need a separate newer video card with at LEAST 4GB RAM.. 8GB Preferable.. The one listed is at least 10 years old..

You're in for sticker shock when you see the price of good gaming Video Cards. The really good ones cost as much (if not more) than the entire computer..

Nvidia is a good choice for Video Cards, although some are partial to AMD.. The Nvidia RTX Series are top of the line cards with a top of the line price.. Assuming that price is a issue, I would recommend something along these lines..

Plan on spending around $200 - $300 for a decent Video Card...

And I would definitely recommend you learn Mouse/KB. Once you get past the learning curve, your game play will be 10 times better.. :D

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Mjz6j_CUzA

Good Luck...

Thank you buddy, that's super helpful especially in regards to the graphics card, I will defo look into further.

Noted re Mouse and Keyboard too - I guess there must be a reason so many use it !!

Thanks again

Hi All

I am looking for some advice please. I have been playing warzone from the outset on my XB1. I have always played games on console but I will be working from home from now, so need to buy a PC/Laptop for work and have decided to make the switch from XB to PC.

I have a budget of about £500, is that reasonable? I assume I would get more for my money with a desktop ? Can you advise on what I need to ensure is good/ up to date/fast. I have seen various deals on Ebay and some are just too cheap which always worries me. Take the below, would this be anygood?

Also, I am assuming I can connect my controller ( non XBOX) Fusion to PC.. ? Really don't fancy learning mouse and keyboard, man that's just weird.

Any help/guidance really appreciated.
Gonna be real with ya. Cheapest gaming rig for games nowadays if you wanna play at anything higher than 1080p medium to high settings you are gonna be pushing close to $1000. PC gaming isn't cheap. It's better in the long run if you do it right, but only if you have a good base to build off of.

I have a Ryzen 5 5600x, x2 8gb 3200mhz T-Force RGB white RAM with 16,19,19,39 latency timing, ASrock x570 phantom gaming 4 motherboard, PNY 3060 Ti 8gb memory, and a Aorus gen4 SSD 7000/5500 Read/write.

Why did i type that all out? It's to give you a better idea of what PC gaming entails. Just buying a random PC will net you bad results. CoD warzone is extremely intensive on PC hardware resources. What i have can barely run warzone at 4k 60fps at high settings. It cost around $1500. Now you should understand more clearly that a $500 junker off ebay won't cut it. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
A heads up on what's happening in the PC gaming market at the moment.

We are going through a worldwide shortage of video RAM, graphics are being bought out by crypto miners and scalpers, because crypto miners can't get GPUs they have started buying up any gaming capable desktops and laptops.

As stated above, you will find it hard to get a gaming setup for less than £1000 and I think you might struggle to get something under £1500.

Does your budget include the cost of a monitor, speakers/headset, and other accessories?

R.Rod

Recruit
I understand the question but I don't think I understand who your target audience is. Me personally my budget only includes GPU and CPU with a possible upgrade to monitor. Everything else is worth holding onto for my needs for a while. Ryzen 7 3800X. MSI RTX 2060 Gaming. Asus 1080P 144HZ monitor. Pretty disappointed with these parts performance in Black Ops Cold War, that game will be my primary reason for next upgrade. With that said its a sore topic with me because the above parts should run this game very nicely but its just weird and choppy.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Ps4 ADS crosshairs moving on their own General Call of Duty 0
R Do different skins make a difference moving Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 11
Carlos BO3Forums is moving to CODForums CoDForums Announcements 0
X CLAN K3M Kill Everything Moving Recruiting Clan Chat 1
M COD BO 2 online players moving slow? General Call of Duty 0
eGsistance BO3 features new wall-running ability and jet-packs; use weapons while moving General Call of Duty 0
G Sniping while standing and moving... different? General Call of Duty 5
T CoD4 promod, my forward button get stuck ! can't stop moving forward General Call of Duty 0
R Twitch please come and have a chat with me! Call of Duty Media 0
S Super Stutter. Please Help!!! Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 0
G_O_L_D Xbox Live Looking for Regiment / Clan Xbox Series X (please read before you send an invite) Clan Recruitment 6
J Cant buy the battle pass, can anybody help please? Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 0
K PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 0
P can't unlock the grau 5.56 please help Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 2
S Please support my new COD montage!:) I’ll sub back! Call of Duty Media 1
O PLEASE HELP!! General Call of Duty 3
K Please help with menus Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 0
E Please freakin REPORT this cheater - punkinlord Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 8
S Please help with resume from save issue. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 0
S Somebody please help me understand - Evidence Board Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 0
T Help please! Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 2
C PSN Look for a clan please be a chill clan. Clan Recruitment 7
SargeyYT Please Watch This Video Call of Duty Media 0
R friend request pending on log in then disappears. please help! Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 5
W Please have a NO SHOTGUN MODE and keep lobbies... Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 3
C pc player mouse and keyboard settings please Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4
M Error: unable to connect to server - Ive tried everything!!!!! Help me please Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 6
O Please have Separate loadouts for warzone an multiplayer Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 3
G-Stars77 Multi Looking for a clan please Clan Recruitment 2
D Please, for the love of God, add a penalty system for people who quit Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 7
S please check me out Call of Duty Media 0
B PSN Need a Regiment to join Please Clan Recruitment 0
Kellomies GLITCHED SCREEN (MODERN WARFARE WARZONE) please watch Call of Duty Media 0
Kellomies I just uploaded a new video on my channel, please show some support Call of Duty Media 0
G Is this a bannable offense? If so please let me know. Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 0
Wiseowl help with record sheet please! Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 6
I Please fix the skull hammer blueprint dismemberment. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
S Hardcore Warzone PLEASE! Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 9
F gulag waiting time too long: 30 seconds maximum please Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 3
F SKILL BASED MATCHMAKING PLEASE Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 19
F ANTICHEAT SYSTEM PLEASE Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 0
F please deactivate voice in gulag Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 12
T Please ban or limit c4! It literally takes no skill. I was flying im a heli and all they have to do is jump and double tap square. Make it to were the Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 25
M Modern warfare montage! please check it out! Call of Duty Media 0
VelocityxApe Please check This out! Call of Duty Media 0
H Please explain too me Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 12
M Can we please adjust the idiotic "Corner-Jump Meta" Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 8
S Please make BR 'Classic' a permanent addition Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 8
Povstreaming Follow me please. Call of Duty Media 1
P Please add a FOV slider for console on modern warfare? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0