• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

MSI AfterBurner Data

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
OK I got AfterBurner installed.. Holy hell, there are a lot options..

Here is a screen grab of the data with my RTX at OPTIMAL (as defined by GEForce Experience) settings:

Afterburner-1.jpg

One thing I noticed.. When I first ran Afterburner, I got an error message.. Something about Can't Load D3D hook and to restart the program..

I then notice that AB lists FPS under D3D12 which I assume means DirectX 12...

So, that got me thinking that maybe my FPS issue is related to MS DirectX install or settings??

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
OK I got AfterBurner installed.. Holy hell, there are a lot options..

Here is a screen grab of the data with my RTX at OPTIMAL (as defined by GEForce Experience) settings:

View attachment 1886

One thing I noticed.. When I first ran Afterburner, I got an error message.. Something about Can't Load D3D hook and to restart the program..

I then notice that AB lists FPS under D3D12 which I assume means DirectX 12...

So, that got me thinking that maybe my FPS issue is related to MS DirectX install or settings??
You will have to spend a lot of time working out what data is important to you in order to identify where the pain points in your setup are.

I ran system file checker on my PC, following issues with Forza Horizon 5 and found that I had a few system files that needed repairing, you have a fresh install now, so that should be an issue for you, but it might be worth doing this as it might help. I would not expect a lot of difference from that alone though.

In your screen shot you have the GPU temp at 49c, then it says 38%, 10%, 12%, 4%. Do you know what these percentages relate to?

If you are showing 38% for GPU utilisation, then that would suggest you have plenty more grunt in the GPU, but the percentage figures could just as easily relate to fan speeds and memory use too.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
Yea, I am trying to figure out how to create a log file that will give a history of the specs as they occur in the game..

As far as the GPU settings, they look like FB, VID and BUS

Afterburner-2.jpg

"Now, I don't know what all that means, but it sounds pretty bad."
-Tom Cruise, A FEW GOOD MEN

:D

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
I ran system file checker on my PC, following issues with Forza Horizon 5 and found that I had a few system files that needed repairing, you have a fresh install now, so that should be an issue for you, but it might be worth doing this as it might help. I would not expect a lot of difference from that alone though.

What program did you use for that???

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
Attached is a down and dirty log of the pre-game...

You'll need to open it with AfterBurner...

Rename the extension to .hml

Attachments

• HardwareMonitoring.zip
    89.3 KB · Views: 2

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
OK I added some more DATA to Afterburner...

Afterburner-3.jpg

It's TV time.. I'll be back on about 0400 EST in the morning..

Thanx for all the help.. :D

KeyboardDemon

OK I added some more DATA to Afterburner...

View attachment 1889

It's TV time.. I'll be back on about 0400 EST in the morning..

Thanx for all the help.. :D
Too much data, just look at overall package for CPU useage, not individual cores/threads, to see if your CPU or GPU are bottlenecked.

What program did you use for that???
You can use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files in Windows, I think it came in with Windows 8/8.1, you need an elevated command prompt to run it.

Step 1 - Click Start and type CMD
Step 2 - In the search results right click "Command Prompt" and select Run as Administrator
Step 3 - at the prompt in the command window type:
sfc /scannow
It should only take a few moments, so you can play a short game on your mobile phone. I usually run it twice, as on the second run it should report that no errors were found.

Attached is a down and dirty log of the pre-game...

You'll need to open it with AfterBurner...

Rename the extension to .hml
Sorry, but all I see is a blank screen when I try to open that file, it launches afterburner, but the window that comes up has a black screen.

In my opinion, the following are important:

GPU usage, temps and clock speeds - If temps are high and clocks are low, you have thermal issues, if temps are low and clocks are low you have a potential CPU issue or software issue, if all stats are high (but not too high for temps) then that would suggest your GPU is working as you want it to.

CPU usage, temps and clock speeds - so you can see if your CPU is producing enough data for your GPU to draw and keep you in the game, right?

MSI Afterburner can monitor every aspect of your system when it is running in a DirectX mode, it has an incredible amount of granularity that will allow you to monitor every possible variable from temps, clock speeds, memory use, to GPU memory voltages, fans speeds, and overall power draw/limits and so much more, most of which I have no idea about and no interest in learning about.

You need to be clear on what information is important to you, then plan how you want that presented, that's the hardest part about using MSI Afterburner.

I would suggest

KeyboardDemon

I just shot this short bot match to show what I record for my own PC.

In the top right corner Afterburner is reporting:

Line 1 - GPU temps, usage in %, clock speed
Line 2 - CPU temps, usage in %, clock speed
Line 3 - DirectX version and frames per second

I've also recorded graphics settings as I know @freakdaddy64 has been waiting for an upload showing my RTX 3080 in action, I really should learn about using the benchmark mode, which is the bit where it records additional data, such as highs/lows/1% lows/averages etc...

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
You can use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files in Windows, I think it came in with Windows 8/8.1, you need an elevated command prompt to run it.

Step 1 - Click Start and type CMD
Step 2 - In the search results right click "Command Prompt" and select Run as Administrator
Step 3 - at the prompt in the command window type:
sfc /scannow
It should only take a few moments, so you can play a short game on your mobile phone. I usually run it twice, as on the second run it should report that no errors were found.

Broke away after the first episode of HAWKEYE and saw this..

First run...sfc.jpg

Sorry, but all I see is a blank screen when I try to open that file, it launches afterburner, but the window that comes up has a black screen.

Yea, I got that too...

When it comes up, click on the Log Name

Afterburner-4.jpg

Thanx again...

Will check in before I hit the sack..

KeyboardDemon

Broke away after the first episode of HAWKEYE and saw this..

First run...View attachment 1890

Yea, I got that too...

When it comes up, click on the Log Name

View attachment 1891

Thanx again...

Will check in before I hit the sack..
Ok. Thanks, I've got it now.

I'm working today, I'll reply after work.
when it comes to fps it would always be changing correct depending on internet connection,map, players and so forth.
There are factors that impact on the reliability of the figures we record, the biggest variable here will be the map we test on.

I usually stick to testing on the same map to eliminate that variable, and then I pick free for all bot matches to reduce issues with network lag affecting the results.

A built in benchmark test would mean each test run is exactly the same, but by doing it the way I do I can try and make my testing conditions more consistent. This in turn gives me a better indicator of overall performance.

I will try and run the same that again tonight, and upload that, the results should align well with last night's upload. I'll also do a run with RTX on too.

KeyboardDemon

These are uploading now, they should be ready to view in a short while.

Video 1, same settings as last night, should have similar frame rates.

This video is with RTX On.

I do notice some stuttering, particularly at the start, so it might be worth adding frame rendering times for my GPU and CPU so I can see if I can pinpoint where that issue is coming from.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
Actually slept in this morning. :D DOH!!!

Agree with @freakdaddy64.. Nice bot match.. LOVE the FPS!! :D

I'll do my Afterburner settings similar to yours and run a bot match myself.. See what I get..

On another note, I was under the impression that this MB/CPU I got was a 10th Generation...

But according to the GIGABYTE Website, it's an 8th/9th Gen motherboard..

Intel B365 Ultra Durable motherboard with GIGABYTE 8118 Gaming LAN, PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2, 7 colors RGB LED strips support, Anti-Sulfur Resistor, Smart Fan 5, DualBIOS™, CEC 2019 ready
Supports 9th and 8th Gen Intel® Core™ Processors

So I assume the CPU (Intel Core i5 9400F @ 2.90GHz) is also not 10th.. :(

Maybe that's why I am not seeing any upgrade...

But, according to conventional wisdom, I should be seeing SOME improvement over the DDR3 based previous setup I had..

Anyways, I'll set up a botmatch and see what I can see...

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
This is my current setup according to Speccy

Speccy-1.jpg

I am experiencing some issues with windows (opening/closing delays etc ) so I am thinking I might revert back to Windows 10... Win 11 just doesn't seem to be ready for Prime Time for me..

Or it could just be my large varied array of HDs...

But I have the whole day to play. :D

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
Stupid question.. I looked but couldn't find the setting.

How do you put the Afterburner specs at the top right of the display instead of the top left??

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
OK I ran a bot match with MW2019.. I can't upload the whole video til tomorrow at work..

But here's a snapshot of the AB specs..

Afterburner-5.jpg

I dunno how I got that 'BUF' thingy in there... I'll have to figure out how to get rid of it..

Here's the specs I have posted thru AB...

GPU TEMP
GPU USAGE
MEMORY USAGE
POWER PERCENT
POWER
CPU USAGE
CPU CLOCK
CPU POWER
RAM USAGE
FRAMERATE

I am doing a Win10 fresh install so I'll not have any more data for a couple hours..

freakdaddy64

Recruit
paid for overnight shipping so should have evga rtx 3070 ti ftw3 ultra sometime tuesday and will post same videos with it soon and then i will post a online play video. not expecting much difference but never know. and will be nice to have new card new tecknology and gddr6x ram and the protection of warranty. once uploaded invoice to evga i can pay 20 for 5 year warranty or 40 for 10 year.