• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Multiplayer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

COD

Recruit
I have a little problem when i try to use multiplayer on COD4.
When i rum multiplayer it just says:
iw3mp.exe has stoppped answering.
what can i do?

zEvArAnO

Recruit
There are some issues running CoD 4 multiplayer on some onboard sound cards. Users with RealTek(TM) onboard sound cards and Windows(R) Vista should try removing their sound card drivers and allow Windows Vista to install it's default sound drivers. Please make note of the make and model of your sound card prior to removing it in order to aid in reinstallation at a later date.

To remove your sound card drivers do the following:

* Open the control panel link from the start menu
* Check the programs and features tool to see if your sound card drivers are listed here
* If they are not open the system tool in the control panel
* Click on the device manager task on the left
* Locate your sound card in the list, it should be in the sound, video, and game controllers section
* Right-click on the video card name and select Uninstall.

Users with Sigmatel® onboard sound cards need to install all Windows® Vista updates, and the latest Sigmatel drivers from Dell Laptops, Desktop Computers, Monitors, Printers & PC Accessories. Please navigate from the dell homepage to support, your make and model computer, and look for a sound card update.

If you are running the game from a secondary partition, download the latest BIOS updates from your motherboard manufacturer in addition to following the above instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements