• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Angels of Death

Multiplayer runs well - Warzone is unplayable - PC - Halp!

CPU Specs are shown below.
Intel (r) Core TM i5-9400F
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 3GB
8 GB RAM

I initially downloaded COD warzone on my PC for free along with the required/advised drivers. Everything worked fine, minor lag here and there, but still playable. I then purchased the full game a week or two after and everything ran well. Soon as the 4-29 update came out, I am no longer able to effectively play warzone on account the input lag is so bad I cant even turn my character without the screen and sound freezing up for 3-5 seconds at a time. I did not change anything on my personal PC after the 4-29 update - warzone just quit working correctly on its own.

Anyone else have the same issue where the downloads were working well before 4-29 update and now one or both game modes are unplayable?

I have adjusted all of the graphics settings to low/optimal for max FPS, updated all possible drivers, and contacted Activision (no reply as of yet). Do I need to uninstall and reinstall all aspects of this game?

Any possible tips/fixes would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tactical Gaming

8 GB RAM

I initially downloaded COD warzone on my PC for free along with the required/advised drivers. Everything worked fine, minor lag here and there, but still playable. I then purchased the full game a week or two after and everything ran well. Soon as the 4-29 update came out, I am no longer able to effectively play warzone on account the input lag is so bad I cant even turn my character without the screen and sound freezing up for 3-5 seconds at a time. I did not change anything on my personal PC after the 4-29 update - warzone just quit working correctly on its own.

Anyone else have the same issue where the downloads were working well before 4-29 update and now one or both game modes are unplayable?

I have adjusted all of the graphics settings to low/optimal for max FPS, updated all possible drivers, and contacted Activision (no reply as of yet). Do I need to uninstall and reinstall all aspects of this game?

Thanks
Try and turn your resolution down some?

Attachments

kiteman

Recruit
8 GB RAM

Thanks
Yeah same thing happened to me. What my problem wound up being is having 1 stick of ram and not utilizing dual channel. If you have 1 stick of 8gb instead of 2 sticks of 4gb, that's your problem I can guarantee almost 100%.

Try and turn your resolution down some?
Resolution is 60 - quite low. I will put it to 0 and see if it helps.

Thanks!

Yeah same thing happened to me. What my problem wound up being is having 1 stick of ram and not utilizing dual channel. If you have 1 stick of 8gb instead of 2 sticks of 4gb, that's your problem I can guarantee almost 100%.
Oh really? Do you know why the divided RAM is a better option? I have (2)ea. 4 gb. installed atm, so maybe i just need more RAM. I just dont understand how it worked just fine for a couple weeks then it took a rough turn.

Thanks for the tip!

Last edited by a moderator:

DizzyDemon

Recruit
Resolution is 60 - quite low. I will put it to 0 and see if it helps.

Thanks!
When setting your resolution, use the Advanced option and pick the recommended resolution, I don't know why but my fps rate drops when I lower the screen resolution, I've not experienced that in any other game before.

Try these following settings or use the Geforce Experience recommended settings then see how the frame rates are:

Ambient Occlusion - Dynamic Objects (MDAO)
Anti-aliasing - SMAA 1x
Bullet Impacts - Disabled
Depth of Field - Disabled
Particle Lighting - Low
Particle Quality - Low
Render Resolution - 100%
Resolution - Use your monitor's resolution ie. 1920x1080 or 2560x1440
Screen Space Reflection (SSR) - Low (I don't think there are many areas where you have reflective water surfaces for the GPU to render, so most of the time this is probably a redundant setting this Warzone/MW)
Shadow Map Resolution - Normal
Tesselation - Near
Texture Filter Anisotropic - High
Texture Resolution - High

Oh really? Do you know why the divided RAM is a better option? I have (2)ea. 4 gb. installed atm, so maybe i just need more RAM. I just dont understand how it worked just fine for a couple weeks then it took a rough turn.

Thanks for the tip!
There are limitations as to how much data can be sent to or read from RAM at any given instance, these can be increased if the data being stored and then later accessed is split over 2 sticks of RAM, effectively giving you close to double the data transfer rates so that your CPU and GPU can work faster.

Sorry, I just read through the original post again, settings are fine in MW right, but no it Warzone?

Hopefully, both games are running using the same settings, if they are then it suggests it might be server related, like high ping rates or lag.

Also, with your RAM, if you only have 1 stick, don't buy another stick, get a matched pair and remove the original stick, if you just add another stick that doesn't match you could end up with stability issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I just read through the original post again, settings are fine in MW right, but no it Warzone?

Hopefully, both games are running using the same settings, if they are then it suggests it might be server related, like high ping rates or lag.

Also, with your RAM, if you only have 1 stick, don't buy another stick, get a matched pair and remove the original stick, if you just add another stick that doesn't match you could end up with stability issues.

OK good to know for the RAM. But, yes Multiplayer and Warzone are both under the same game file and game settings. I dont know how warzone can be so laggy when multi runs like a gazelle. I will try the above noted tips and then if nothing else just wait out the servers i guess.

Thanks again.

kiteman

Recruit

Thanks for the tip!
if you have 2 then you are in dual mode already. that being said i have 32gb and when i am playing warzone my utilization says 15-16gb of ram being used. so, i would think 8gb is probably not enough regardless of being in dual mode already.

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
if you have 2 then you are in dual mode already. that being said i have 32gb and when i am playing warzone my utilization says 15-16gb of ram being used. so, i would think 8gb is probably not enough regardless of being in dual mode already.
Uhh when I run Warzone it says I'm using about 4-5GB RAM.for it.

Uhh when I run Warzone it says I'm using about 4-5GB RAM.for it.
Yea, I mine shows just under 5GB being used. I dont think its the RAM - I am looking to uninstall/reinstall my audio drivers today on account COD WZ always freezes when alot of sound effects are in play. May look into more RAM if this does not fix the issue.

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
Yea, I mine shows just under 5GB being used. I dont think its the RAM - I am looking to uninstall/reinstall my audio drivers today on account COD WZ always freezes when alot of sound effects are in play. May look into more RAM if this does not fix the issue.
Your issue has me worried though - I currently have the F2P version and have been debating upgrading to the full version since I like it so much.

DizzyDemon

Recruit
When you look at the graphics settings for PC, the memory usage you see on display there refers to the memory from your graphics card and not the system memory from your PC.

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
When you look at the graphics settings for PC, the memory usage you see on display there refers to the memory from your graphics card and not the system memory from your PC.
I'm looking at my system performance while playing the game and it says it's using between 4-5GB of my 32GB RAM.

DizzyDemon

Recruit
I'm looking at my system performance while playing the game and it says it's using between 4-5GB of my 32GB RAM.
Oh, I see, I haven't looked at RAM usage on my system, mostly due to not having a second monitor at the moment. I'll run it in the background when I next play to see what I get.

DizzyDemon

Recruit
Oh, I see, I haven't looked at RAM usage on my system, mostly due to not having a second monitor at the moment. I'll run it in the background when I next play to see what I get.
Also, I thought I'd check, are you looking at RAM usage in the main menu screen or during actual gameplay when the map is loaded and people are in-game with you?

Mercules

Recruit
Renaming the file at run and naming it back fixed all my disconnect issues, I tried everything. Someone shared a neat a little batch file that does it auto. link to video here on how its done. Hope it helps! I tried everything before this with no joy.
View: https://youtu.be/bEDVO6roxuM

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Multi Multiplayer Clan Clan Chat 1
H PSN Looking to add active PS4 players for core multiplayer Clan Chat 0
B Multi Looking for a Regiment (Multiplayer) Clan Recruitment 3
B PSN Need a Clan Multiplayer Clan Recruitment 5
U BEST SETTINGS FOR WARZONE & MULTIPLAYER AFTER PATCH 1.20! *BEST CONTROLLER SETTINGS* Call of Duty Media 1
C Multiplayer issues Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
R Multiplayer / issue display Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
Remo_Yesman Separation of Multiplayer/Warzone Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
dannystockwell Multi NEED SOMEONE TO TEAM UP WITH! (UK MULTIPLAYER/WARZONE) Clan Recruitment 7
dannystockwell Multi NEED PEOPLE TO TEAM UP WITH! (UK MULTIPLAYER/WARZONE) Clan Chat 1
K Something I like to see in multiplayer. Over time. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
S Call of Duty: Modern Warfare PS4 Multiplayer Help Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4
J Install multiplayer error (install suspended) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
G XP frozen. Not counting for Warzone or Regular Multiplayer. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
G Field Upgrades Glitch In Warzone (sometimes regular Multiplayer too) Call of Duty: WarZone 1
G Issues with multiplayer split screen Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Z 08MAR20 No Progression to literally anything in multiplayer Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 16
A Multiplayer Difficulties Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
SuperSteele Custom match weapon presets switch with multiplayer weapon presets Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4
CODForums 2nd Modern Warfare Multiplayer Beta Trailer released Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
Carlos Modern Warfare Multiplayer Beta Trailer released Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
CODForums Modern Warfare Multiplayer Reveal Recap Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
CODForums New Modern Warfare Multiplayer Gameplay in 4K Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
CODForums New Modern Warfare Multiplayer Gameplay for 75 Minutes Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
Carlos Modern Warfare Multiplayer revealed Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
Carlos Modern Warfare Multiplayer Livestream Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
KH98 NEW NUKETOWN TRAILER MULTIPLAYER! Call of Duty Media 0
Carlos Achievements in Multiplayer General Call of Duty 0
Carlos Black Ops 4 Multiplayer Beta revealed with a teaser for BlackOut General Call of Duty 0
Carlos Black Ops 4 Multiplayer Beta arrives in August General Call of Duty 0
Carlos Black Ops 4 Multiplayer Revealed General Call of Duty 0
C Vehicles in multiplayer General Call of Duty 1
B MW2 Remastered won't have multiplayer? General Call of Duty 6
CODForums CODWWII's Multiplayer Modes explained General Call of Duty 0
CODForums Pre-Order Call of Duty: WWII and get a new Multiplayer Upgrade General Call of Duty 0
CODForums Call of Duty: WWII Multiplayer Exhibition from Gamescom 2017 General Call of Duty 0
CODForums Flythrough of Aachen Multiplayer Map General Call of Duty 0
CODForums Flythrough of Gibraltar Multiplayer Map General Call of Duty 0
C EARLY COD WW2 MULTIPLAYER GAMEPLAY!!! Call of Duty Media 0
Carlos Countdown to Call of Duty: WWII Private Multiplayer Beta Livestream General Call of Duty 0
Carlos Call of Duty: WWII Private Multiplayer Beta content revealed General Call of Duty 0
C PSN New clan for gamers new to COD multiplayer Clan Recruitment 0
CODForums Flythrough of Ardennes Multiplayer Map General Call of Duty 0
CODForums Flythrough of Pointe Du Hoc Multiplayer Map General Call of Duty 0
CODForums Making of Call of Duty: WWII Multiplayer Livestream General Call of Duty 0
CODForums Raw Multiplayer Call of Duty: WWII Videos straight from E3 2017 General Call of Duty 0
Carlos Call of Duty: WWII Multiplayer Revealed General Call of Duty 1
R PC Info about multiplayer:) General Call of Duty 9
CODForums Infinite Warfare Continuum Multiplayer Trailer released General Call of Duty 0
Carlos Infinite Warfare Sabotage Multiplayer Trailer released General Call of Duty 0