• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Tactical Gaming

need help improving

abed_k

Recruit
hi guys how you doing. so i decided to download warzone and play it and i haven't played a shooter since cs 1.6 so i'm trying to improve but i'm wondering what is the best way to improve. playing with random squads(i don't have friends that play the game), or play solos ?
thank you for your help

Tactical Gaming

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
hi guys how you doing. so i decided to download warzone and play it and i haven't played a shooter since cs 1.6 so i'm trying to improve but i'm wondering what is the best way to improve. playing with random squads(i don't have friends that play the game), or play solos ?
thank you for your help
Solos and hot-drop all day. You will never get better at the game hiding inside buildings in the middle of the circle, even if that gets you into the top 10. The only way to ever feel confident in your ability to win 1v1s is to get yourself in combat as often as possible and get a feel for the guns. I'd recommend an aim-trainer to help tighten up your aim overall. I wouldn't recommend starting with random squads til you get a feel for the game, because in Squads other randoms tend to play for themselves and leave games when they die. You'll wind up by yourself anyway and instead of 1v1 you'll be going against 1v3 of 1v4 situations which you'll never win.

thank you for your help
Also if you're coming from CS, you'll find the TTK's in this game are enormous. TTK (Time to Kill) is the time it takes for each gun to fire the required number of bullets to kill someone. So that varies for each gun depending on damage and rate-of-fire. In CS you can down someone with 1-4 bullets even with armor. Get ready for a rude awakening in Warzone, where it can take 14 hits with an assault rifle to down someone. As a former CS Go/PUBG player this was a huge change for me. If you do an Aim Trainer I would suggest focusing on your tracking ability - aka your ability to follow a target while spraying. This is not an ability you acquire playing CS because you never fire more than a few bullets at a time in that game. But in Warzone you'll need to be able to track enemies while spraying half a clip or more.

Last edited by a moderator:

kiteman

Recruit
thank you for your help
I vote keep playing with a team. Follow their lead and understand some of the key utilities in the game such as pinging enemies (and knowing to use the map to see where teammates ping them), heartbeat sensor and UAV. If you can get these down and learn them with other squads (they don't have to know you don't know), then that's half the battle. Warzone is a strategy game first, and a first person shooter second. Playing by yourself, if you don't know what your doing, is not going to help.

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
I vote keep playing with a team. Follow their lead and understand some of the key utilities in the game such as pinging enemies (and knowing to use the map to see where teammates ping them), heartbeat sensor and UAV. If you can get these down and learn them with other squads (they don't have to know you don't know), then that's half the battle. Warzone is a strategy game first, and a first person shooter second. Playing by yourself, if you don't know what your doing, is not going to help.
Disagree. Look up YT videos and there'll be scores of videos on pros and streamers using equipment, comms, pinging, movement, what guns and which attachments to use, where to jump. Playing with randos who have no idea what they're doing won't help. You also won't get any better at gunplay by riding on the coattails of better teammates.

But yes I should have suggested that in my first post. OP go on YT and look up some tutorials and find some streamers to watch. You'll learn way more about the game and how to play smart than by joining some randos with 0.5 K/Ds.

kiteman

Recruit
Disagree. Look up YT videos and there'll be scores of videos on pros and streamers using equipment, comms, pinging, movement, what guns and which attachments to use, where to jump. Playing with randos who have no idea what they're doing won't help. You also won't get any better at gunplay by riding on the coattails of better teammates.

But yes I should have suggested that in my first post. OP go on YT and look up some tutorials and find some streamers to watch. You'll learn way more about the game and how to play smart than by joining some randos with 0.5 K/Ds.
Well, I did just fine learning from others. I literally never saw a video ever of Warzone, just kind of learned it as I went. I guess YMMV depending on what route you take. Also, some "randos" are really good.

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
Well, I did just fine learning from others. I literally never saw a video ever of Warzone, just kind of learned it as I went. I guess YMMV depending on what route you take. Also, some "randos" are really good.
But are you coming into COD for the first time like this guy? The game and guns and how they work are all completely foreign. The last FPS he played was CS - a completely different world from Warzone. He needs hours gunplay practice and needs to do some research into how game mechanics work. Dropping in with guys you don't know who are trying to win are not going to bother with someone who's never played before.

kiteman

Recruit
But are you coming into COD for the first time like this guy? The game and guns and how they work are all completely foreign. The last FPS he played was CS - a completely different world from Warzone. He needs hours gunplay practice and needs to do some research into how game mechanics work. Dropping in with guys you don't know who are trying to win are not going to bother with someone who's never played before.
Sort of the same. I don't remember the last COD game I played but it was probably 12 years ago. I did BF4 most recently, then went right into the MW2 and Warzone. Actually Counter Strike was my first FPS in college on PC. I don't know when it happened but when you started having an extra stroke on the mouse to zoom in with a rifle was really weird to me. The original CS there was no zoom or sights that I can recall. But yeah, all that learning curve I just figured out on my own. And playing on a team like in Warzone where it's not super fast paced, really helps IMO. Like I said, everyone is different.

init6

Recruit
It's a balancing act. Everyone makes good points.

You MUST be good with a weapon. First and foremost. If you can't kill you will be killed. To get better you need opportunity. You will get more opportunity in multiplayer.

Being that warzone is more strategy, you will get more squad based learning from playing warzone. Nobody works as a team in multiplayer unless you have a group you play with regularly.

You need to know the maps. This only comes from playing. No magic spell for that. Gotta do the time. Learn the choke points. Learn the snipers best spots.

If warzone is your thing then dont worry about how good you are. Just play. The skill will come.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

kiteman

Recruit
It's a balancing act. Everyone makes good points.

You MUST be good with a weapon. First and foremost. If you can't kill you will be killed. To get better you need opportunity. You will get more opportunity in multiplayer.

Being that warzone is more strategy, you will get more squad based learning from playing warzone. Nobody works as a team in multiplayer unless you have a group you play with regularly.

You need to know the maps. This only comes from playing. No magic spell for that. Gotta do the time. Learn the choke points. Learn the snipers best spots.

If warzone is your thing then dont worry about how good you are. Just play. The skill will come.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I agree but I still don't really know the map either. Verdansk is hugely ridiculous, or vice versa maybe. I think if you can't shoot then you are doomed for this game. But this really isn't an FPS game. It's strategy and then FPS. My K/D ratio close to 1.0 is silly--think about how many times you get killed from some random you never even saw. Its really not an FPS game

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
thank you guys so much you are awesome i really appreciate you. have fun playing:)
As I said, if you're coming from CS 1.6 the biggest area of weakness for you is going to be "tracking". This is a completely new skill for CS players that you've never practice or honed before. Being able to track a target while hitting them with 10-15 bullets is not a skill you've ever needed. But get ready to need it ALL THE TIME in Warzone.

thank you for your help
I suggest playing multiplayer to learn how each gun feels and to get a general feel of the flow and pace of CoD before you go into Warzone. However, if you decide to learn solely through Warzone then spamming the modes that rez you for free if you have the cash is a decent start.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Need distance help Call of Duty Media 0
C Hi i really need help please [PC] Shadow texture glitch from distance Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
M Need help :( Call of Duty: WarZone 2
R New to Youtube and need help to make better content Call of Duty Media 0
L Xbox Live Looking to start a clan, need help Clan Recruitment 3
VoiDProjects Multi Need help starting a gaming organization Clan Chat 3
F Need help with streaks General Call of Duty 3
E I need help with trying to play with friends General Call of Duty 0
Zezno Account Hacked. Need Help! General Call of Duty 0
A I need password recovery help, i think. Completed Suggestions 0
Z Need help creating classes General Call of Duty 0
Gaz Jr Help need ideas for create a class General Call of Duty 3
L Xbox Live Need 2 people to help with buried easter egg (XBOX) Clan Chat 0
T Mw2 Problems I need help General Call of Duty 0
C Need Help Getting a High Kd Well Check This Out..... Call of Duty Media 0
A Need Help-Lost WaW General Call of Duty 0
P Need Help General Call of Duty 2
B Need Call of Duty Help? Post on my channel! Call of Duty Media 0
B COD commentator in need of Help Call of Duty Media 0
M really need the community's help here Call of Duty Media 0
B Need Help!! General Call of Duty 10
S need help Video Games 7
M Need some help with Nazi Zombies General Call of Duty 1
S Need some help Please General Call of Duty 2
B PSN Need a Clan Multiplayer Clan Recruitment 5
S PSN Need warzone teammates Clan Chat 1
M Xbox Live Need a teammate for trio warzone xbox Clan Chat 0
N PSN need Regiment Clan Recruitment 5
M Multi Need a clan Clan Chat 4
I Multi Need your opinion Clan Chat 0
M Multi NEED TEAMMATES, READ BELOW! Clan Chat 8
dannystockwell Multi NEED SOMEONE TO TEAM UP WITH! (UK MULTIPLAYER/WARZONE) Clan Recruitment 7
dannystockwell Multi NEED PEOPLE TO TEAM UP WITH! (UK MULTIPLAYER/WARZONE) Clan Chat 1
L Multi Anyone need one more person to join their team to boost numbers Clan Recruitment 5
Y Do I need to uninstall warzone and install the digital battle pass edition? Call of Duty: WarZone 2
R Things that need a little adjustment - Game sound, skill based matchmaking, crossplay fps difference Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 11
I Scar-H with a Drum Mag. I need it now! Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
SR71BETA Need More In Warzone Call of Duty: WarZone 0
PsychoBatman PSN Need regiment members for modern warfare. Clan Recruitment 0
G Xbox Live I need a good group Xbox Clan Chat 2
J Xbox Live Need a Team! Clan Chat 0
C Do I Need Headphones? Call of Duty: WarZone 1
X PSN Need good people to play with! Clan Chat 1
X Xbox Live Need XB1 friends? Tired of playing Solo? (Warzone) Clan Chat 0
X Xbox Live Need teammates to play with on XB1? Clan Chat 0
K Xbox Live Need a clan xbox one Clan Recruitment 3
L Xbox Live I need a Clan Clan Recruitment 5
R Multi New to call of duty : NEED CLAN Clan Chat 2