• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

New Gulag sucks!

DeanJax

Recruit
Gulag was completely fine how it was, why add AR/SMG? People used to actually push out their spawn and fight, now they just sit back and ADS. Just like the last big patch infinity ward messed up AGAIN!

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
The only change that was needed to the Gulag was removing grenades, especially tacticals. Stuns are WAY too OP in the Gulag. I could also get on board with removing shotguns, and just having 1v1 pistol battles in the Gulag. I do agree that adding ARs and SMGs is dumb - you don't need ultra-quick TTK weapons in the Gulag especially with no armor. What you need are semi-auto weapons like pistols that force you to actually aim well with the 2-3 shots you'll get.

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
I wanted automatics. screw pistols
I liked it better with pistols because no one ever uses pistols. Everyone runs around in-game with 2 primaries, using the pistol for 5 second after you drop until you've opened your first box. And everyone avoids most of those shotguns like the plague too. So the Gulag was where you were forced to use those "crappy" weapons to save your life.

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
Hard to throw a tactical when everyone just ADS from spawn. The game is rewarding bad players instead of skilled ones.
I LOVE getting passive ADSers in Gulag now. Before it was chaos - everybody rushing everywhere, shotguns lethal from short-range and melee attacks. Now guys just want to sit in their spawn and ADS - that makes them predictable and easy to deal with.

Rush mid, listen for a rush, check both flanks for rushes, when your nades become available throw one to the left spawn and the other to the right. If you get a hit marker, now you know where he is and he's either damaged or flashed/stunned, and you have the advantage. If you don't get any hit markers he's either camping mid spawn or re-positioning through spawn. Shoulder-peek to check one side of spawn, then shoulder-peek mid. If you see him, go the other way and flank hard. If you don't see him push up the side through spawn hard. These players that like to passively ADS are usually not good in CQC and they will panick and be easy kills when you flank and rush them.