• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Angels of Death

New player trying to upgrade weapons

EL34xyz

Recruit
Hi all,
I am an old guy. 65 years old
I got my start playing FPS in the 90's with Quake 3
I have not played on line against real humans in many years

I goy an Xbox One in January and have been playing Campaigns so far

I started playing Warzone about a month ago
I am level 48 at the moment
I am just picking up floor loot at the moment because my loadouts are no better than floor loot :)

I have no tokens or COD points or anything that lets me get store items
I read several web sites about leveling up faster, but some methods require tokens to do training missions

I went ahead and purchased Modern Warfare yesterday so I could get access other game modes
I am hoping there is a faster way to upgrade weapons and get XP in other ways besides Warzone?
I read on line that playing campaign can boost your levels up.
I finished the Campaign yesterday and then looked at my level and weapons in Warzone
I can't see any difference?

Does playing the campaign apply to Warzone weapon upgrades?
Do you have to play the campaign on a certain difficulty?

I am looking for faster ways to level up my weapons

Thanks for any help :)

Angels of Death

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Hi all,
I am an old guy. 65 years old
I got my start playing FPS in the 90's with Quake 3
I have not played on line against real humans in many years
Welcome to CoDForums.com!
Quake 3? Well, Call of Duty should be right up your alley. The engine beneath Call of Duty is a modified Quake 3 engine.
I goy an Xbox One in January and have been playing Campaigns so far
If you're playing campaign, then you have Call of Duty: Modern Warfare [2019].
I started playing Warzone about a month ago
I am level 48 at the moment
I am just picking up floor loot at the moment because my loadouts are no better than floor loot :)

I have no tokens or COD points or anything that lets me get store items
I read several web sites about leveling up faster, but some methods require tokens to do training missions
Trials are a different thing. Do that for fun. The fastest way to level up, actually... is ranking up new weapons, and unlocking weapon challenges, and doing them.

What you're looking for is XP to unlock them.
I went ahead and purchased Modern Warfare yesterday so I could get access other game modes
I am hoping there is a faster way to upgrade weapons and get XP in other ways besides Warzone?
I read on line that playing campaign can boost your levels up.
I finished the Campaign yesterday and then looked at my level and weapons in Warzone
I can't see any difference?
I want you to hear me out when I say this. Everything you see in Warzone, is based off of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. The design of Warzone is to accommodate Modern Warfare, so there shouldn't be any confusion. Anytime you unlock weapons, it can be used in Warzone. Warzone is a separate application, yes, but it was designed to encourage you to buy Modern Warfare, and get all the features of the full game. Make sense?
Does playing the campaign apply to Warzone weapon upgrades?
Do you have to play the campaign on a certain difficulty?

I am looking for faster ways to level up my weapons

Thanks for any help :)
If you read up to this point, answer's no.

EL34xyz

Recruit
Thanks
So my question about playing campaign

I tried to use the M4a as much as I could since it was available everywhere in the campaign
I used the FAL and MP5 quite a bit also

I did read that completing the campaign counts towards weapon upgrades
But, I did not see any difference in my Warzone weapons after completing the campaign

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Thanks
So my question about playing campaign

I tried to use the M4a as much as I could since it was available everywhere in the campaign
I used the FAL and MP5 quite a bit also

I did read that completing the campaign counts towards weapon upgrades
But, I did not see any difference in my Warzone weapons after completing the campaign
It's actually a well-known reason. Going back to the original Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, the Campaign and Multiplayer were separate. So, don't expect weapons to behave the same from mechanics perspective, to the meta. In the past, this was because consoles had limitations. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare [2019] shares the same graphic engine between Single Player and Multiplayer, but Modern Warfare 2019 still separate Single Player and Multiplayer for a different reason. The meta.

Over the course of the last 6 Seasons, there has been a lot of weapon nerfs/buffs. The way to combat, and work around this, is by getting new attachments (upgrades).

Last edited:

EL34xyz

Recruit
Thanks, yes I know about getting attachments and getting lots of XP
That's exactly what I need to do
Any there seems to be faster ways to rack u8p XP according to many web sites and youtube videos

I am seeing information like on the web site below that campaign counts towards this
Like here

Modern Warfare campaign will provide XP and gear for multiplayer

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Thanks, yes I know about getting attachments and getting lots of XP
That's exactly what I need to do
Any there seems to be faster ways to rack u8p XP according to many web sites and youtube videos

I am seeing information like on the web site below that campaign counts towards this
Like here

Modern Warfare campaign will provide XP and gear for multiplayer
If you finished the Campaign, then, you already did unlock it. What I'm saying is, beyond that, you'll need to rank up in Multiplayer/Warzone.

In fact, by level 55, you should already have unlocked basic equipment. After that, it becomes officer challenges. So, at this point, you unlock via challenges in general, attachments, new weapons, etc.

EL34xyz

Recruit
Thanks
I already know how to unlock weapons
You just need more XP to up your rank

I am not sure we are both on the same page here :)

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Thanks
I already know how to unlock weapons
You just need more XP to up your rank

I am not sure we are both on the same page here :)
No, we're not. But I answered your questions, actually. It's just you're not paying attention. I actually told you the fastest way to rank up. Its through new, never-used weapons, never-used attachments, perks, weapons perk, weapon challenges, daily challenges, and yes, officer challenges.

It all adds up at the end of the matches.

EL34xyz

Recruit
Yes, thanks, but you are telling me to do things I can't do without being at a certain level
It's a catch 22
I have no access to attachments and weapons until I get to a certain level
At level 47, I have a few weapons unlocked in Warzone, but not many
I have maybe one barrel attachment unlocked and that is it

My question is all about the fastest way to get more XP so that I can level up faster
I was asking only if playing campaign counted for getting XP in Warzone

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Yes, thanks, but you are telling me to do things I can't do without being at a certain level
It's a catch 22
I have no access to attachments and weapons until I get to a certain level
At level 47, I have a few weapons unlocked in Warzone, but not many
I have maybe one barrel attachment unlocked and that is it

My question is all about the fastest way to get more XP so that I can level up faster
I was asking only if playing campaign counted for getting XP in Warzone
Like I said: New weapons, let's say I'm using MP5, and I have AUG unlocked, I use it, and end up with more XP. I also track these daily challenges, at the same time. That means 2x XP.

DizzyDemon

Recruit
Ok, I think we need a back to basics answer here.

Take a weapon in your armory.

I found using an SMG to be a good place to start, equip it in a loadout and play in any multiplayer MW game, but something like Shipment 24/7 would be good because it is like shooting fish in a barrel most of the time.

Shoot enemies, get kills, earn XP, both for you as a player and for your selected weapon. Earn enough weapon XP and you will get an unlock in the form of an attachment, reticle, custom camouflage, stickers, perks, etc...

Keep playing with that weapon to build attachments and collect more unlocks.

Match summaries at the end of each match will tell you if you have unlocked anything new.

Look out for large green dots that appear in your menu when you're not in the game, click on the menu headings where the green dots appear and you will find items that you have unlocked.

You can work towards a specific aim, such as unlocking gold camouflage, this requires you to achieve a set of goals, such as kills with no attachments, long-distance kills, kills with the weapon mounted, hip fire kills, etc... You can combine goals, so a mounted kill, with no attachments and long-distance, helps to your count for those 3 objectives.

When you unlock an attachment you will be able to see in the menu how many kills or XP are required for your next unlock.

Build your armory so you can use your unlocks to create custom loadouts in Warzone.

I hope that helps.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
I found using an SMG to be a good place to start, equip it in a loadout and play in any multiplayer MW game, but something like Shipment 24/7 would be good because it is like shooting fish in a barrel most of the time.

Shoot enemies, get kills, earn XP, both for you as a player and for your selected weapon.
I think he knows that.
Earn enough weapon XP and you will get an unlock in the form of an attachment, reticle, custom camouflage, stickers, perks, etc...
I said this.
Keep playing with that weapon to build attachments and collect more unlocks.
I said this, too. The issue is that I think that he wants to rank up faster. So, changing his loadout would do the trick, which is why I said "new weapon." Pick a new weapon, weapons you've never used. For example, I've not used Snipers in all of my time with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, so I pulled out HDR, found that wasn't working, so I switched to the carbine. Because I wanted the "Quickscoper" officer challenge, but I racked up more XP using it.
Match summaries at the end of each match will tell you if you have unlocked anything new.
I said that, too.
Look out for large green dots that appear in your menu when you're not in the game, click on the menu headings where the green dots appear and you will find items that you have unlocked.

You can work towards a specific aim, such as unlocking gold camouflage, this requires you to achieve a set of goals, such as kills with no attachments, long-distance kills, kills with the weapon mounted, hip fire kills, etc... You can combine goals, so a mounted kill, with no attachments and long-distance, helps to your count for those 3 objectives.

When you unlock an attachment you will be able to see in the menu how many kills or XP are required for your next unlock.

Build your armory so you can use your unlocks to create custom loadouts in Warzone.

I hope that helps.
All good points. Thing is, he's not realizing that you can use your regular weapons in Warzone via loadout drops. Blueprints are purchasable, but is also usable in Warzone. He's gonna be confused here.

All those drops in Warzone are predefined Blueprints, the very same Blueprints you buy from the COD store. But you don't need that. You have the full version of Modern Warfare. Your weapons can carry over to Warzone. Yes, whatever you unlocked.

DizzyDemon

Recruit
It's worth taking your time with building XP, you might find shortcuts to get there faster but then you will miss out on the actual experience you need to be better at the game if you do.

I'm of the opinion that all you need to get the weapon loadout you want is the time to play the game.

During that time you can learn the characteristics of the weapons you choose, find out which are helpful and which are not and then you can look at finding attachments to help enhance or overcome features or bad points.

At least, that's the theory, in reality I just point and shoot or spray and pray, but I only play for fun, I don't take it too seriously.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
It's worth taking your time with building XP, you might find shortcuts to get there faster but then you will miss out on the actual experience you need to be better at the game if you do.

I'm of the opinion that all you need to get the weapon loadout you want is the time to play the game.

During that time you can learn the characteristics of the weapons you choose, find out which are helpful and which are not and then you can look at finding attachments to help enhance or overcome features or bad points.

At least, that's the theory, in reality I just point and shoot or spray and pray, but I only play for fun, I don't take it too seriously.

Agreed on all points.

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
Forget campaign altogether. And the best way to rank up weapons is via Multiplayer, NOT Warzone. You mentioned picking up floor loot, so you've been playing Warzone until recently. Play multiplayer exclusively, and do not continually switch weapons. Pick a weapon you want to use, like the M4 or FAL, and use that weapon exclusively. Use double XP tokens as you get them - some of them are free through the Battle Pass. As you rank that weapon up you'll start unlocking attachments, and then build out your weapon as you please.

DizzyDemon

Recruit
Forget campaign altogether. And the best way to rank up weapons is via Multiplayer, NOT Warzone. You mentioned picking up floor loot, so you've been playing Warzone until recently. Play multiplayer exclusively, and do not continually switch weapons. Pick a weapon you want to use, like the M4 or FAL, and use that weapon exclusively. Use double XP tokens as you get them - some of them are free through the Battle Pass. As you rank that weapon up you'll start unlocking attachments, and then build out your weapon as you please.
True enough, campaign mode doesn't unlock weapons the it once used to, unless you play the remastered MW2 but you pay extra for that.

Both @Carlos and I have said the same thing about leveling up weapons, I don't think that's the answer the op is looking for.

H3rd

Recruit
Foe me, I play Plunder mode and grab contracts like Scavenger And Secure Location. I like to so that since you are still actually planning and not doing trials.

Make sure to have the gun that you want to level up in your hand when you complete them. It is easier when you can play with others that want to do the same.

You can also purchase Blueprints (guns with skins and attachments on them already). I have one and I am still unlocking the attachments that are below (inferior) than the ones on it!

Pretty much, you need to unlock the gun, and then unlock each type of attachments. The more you play and use the gun you want to level up, it will happen.

I have my M4 and CR-56 set up the way I want. I am now working on my Grau.

I am 15 years younger than you and love the game! I just need to get better at winning gunfights! That is Why I like Plunder! Respawns!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D PSN Casual Player looking for group. Clan Recruitment 0
T remove player icons warzone king slayer Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
overflowcod 5k's & Aces - Best COD Player Call of Duty Media 0
D FIX THE RECENT PLAYER LIST!!!!! Call of Duty: WarZone 3
B PSN PS4 casual COD player Clan Chat 1
T Cannot start/install Single-Player Campaign Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
K Xbox Live Elite player looking for clan. Clan Recruitment 3
R PC Returning CoD player looking for a chill/competative clan to play with Clan Recruitment 5
S Battlefield player thoughts Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4
I PC West coast NA pc player lf plunder group Clan Recruitment 1
C Xbox Live Xbox NA EST player looking for warzone clan Clan Recruitment 12
T Re-instate Trio’s NOW or lose your player base Call of Duty: WarZone 5
D PC Old time Ghost Recon, COD, Battlefields player looking for UK clan. Loving COD Warzone. Clan Recruitment 3
R Xbox Live Looking for clan Uk player Clan Recruitment 1
J PSN • We are looking for experienced players • active people •We are a ps4 guild • mics are optional • if you are not a skilled player Clan Recruitment 0
T Multi TOG is recruiting for all player over 16 Clan Recruitment 0
Bloomer PC PC player looking for Competitive Clan with 1.5 KD+ Clan Recruitment 1
L Xbox Live UK player: Looking for a clan Clan Recruitment 9
A Multi Strong Player (I'll carry you to a S&D dub) Clan Chat 12
L Multi 2,9kd player looking for good active clan Clan Recruitment 3
M PSN Player Looking to start casual team Clan Recruitment 0
J PSN Active warzone PS4 player Clan Recruitment 2
Crash124 PC UK, PC player looking for community to be apart of....... Clan Recruitment 1
E Multi Do you want to be a Professional CoD Player? Apply for sponsorship now! Clan Recruitment 1
B Multi Tryhard player looking for competitive clan I will do tryouts Clan Chat 0
J Xbox Live Active Player looking for clan Clan Recruitment 2
M Xbox Live Active Player Looking for Clan Clan Recruitment 14
o GMR JaY Multi Good player LF Competitive MW Clan Clan Recruitment 2
V PC Good Player Looking for Active Clan Clan Recruitment 11
Crash124 PC UK Based PC Player looking for a clan..... Clan Recruitment 1
T PSN 2.2 KD player LF fun/competitive clan Clan Chat 1
A Multi OG Domination Player Clan Recruitment 1
N PSN Older ps4 player looking for likeminded clan Clan Chat 2
Carlos Power in Numbers Cinematic points to Single Player story Call of Duty Media 0
G Xbox Live Comp player looking for team. Clan Recruitment 1
M PSN Looking for 3 people to join for the MLG event. Must have good k.d and must be a team player. Clan Chat 0
P PSN Casual/Semi-Competitive player looking for clan Clan Recruitment 0
A PSN Looking for a player Clan Chat 0
I PC Looking for good COD WW2 player to join my clan Clan Recruitment 3
G PSN Looking for a Second player to play with Clan Recruitment 0
S Xbox Live Xbox One COD WW2 player, looking for active players Clan Recruitment 9
L Xbox Live Looking for ww2 player Clan Recruitment 0
T Ready Player One-Trailer And Thoughts The Lounge 0
O PSN long time cod player looking for competitive clan Clan Recruitment 2
S PSN Daily player | Canadian | 2.00 K/D | PC Gaming as well. Clan Recruitment 0
K PSN Looking for a clan long time competitive player. READ Clan Recruitment 1
T PSN BO3 PLAYER NEEDS A CLAN Clan Recruitment 1
L Xbox Live Just a casual call of duty player looking for a clan? Join MUTZ (XB1) Clan Recruitment 0
M Xbox Live IW Comp player Clan Recruitment 1
B Xbox Live Xbox One player looking for clan! Clan Recruitment 1