• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

new sabrent ssd m.2

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
just finished cloning my new sabrent m.2 and boy is it fast pages are loading quick and my display seems to look really smooth and cloning went great

Can you clone these days with HDs of different sizes??

For me, I usually only update my storage when I run out of room.. But always ran into problems because the new HD was, logically, bigger than the old HD.. I always ended up just doing a fresh install and rebuilding..

On the one hand, it's a pain in the arse. But on the other hand, it's nice to start clean...

freakdaddy64

Recruit
once it finished i unplugged the seagate and it booted right away from m.2, i want to use seagate for storage but it says it would make one drive unbootable when it finished so illl have to just try it so i can wipe it out.

heres first benchmark
CrystalDiskMark_20210330071130.png

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
Excellent results from that drive, my results for the SN550 came in quite a bit lower in the SEQ Q8T1 measurements where I got 2452.03 read and 1962.89 write, I got 1864.49 read and 1962.41 write in the SEQ1M Q1T1. However, my RND4K Q32T16 read was 1435.14 and write was 1053.77 which was higher than your results and then my RND4K Q1T1 results were lower again at 42.69 read and 63.69 write.

freakdaddy64

Recruit
Awesome I'm definitely liking how fast it puts me in the lobby of the game it's definitely faster so I unplugged my hybrid and that made the sabrent show up in the bios and it booted so can I plug the hybrid back in and use it for storage now or will it mess things up

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
It should be fine, so long as your BIOS knows to not from the Sabrent drive.

If you had allowed the cloning software to remove the boot sector from the Seagate drive it would have completely disabled startup from that drive.

Now, if your Sabrent drive was to stop working you could swap your boot drive in the BIOS to startup from the Seagate.

freakdaddy64

Recruit
yes i just plugged it back in and still booted from sabrent and shows seagate as another drive so i think im golden and my nzxt x73 cooler and nzxt aer rgb fans should arrive thursday and i will work on that monday or tuesday which is my off days, and i talked with one person that has experience with liquid cooled and says i should do the 140 rear exhaust the cooler top exhaust and 3 120,s front intake and it should be fine and if not i can change it to front and try that i have options,they only thing i dont like is nzxt aer rgb fans air flow is through the back so if i want the rgb light rings facing in pc they will be exhaust fans so hopefully i can see some of the front ones through side vents in case and nzxt said really doesnt matter if top or front as long as there is air flow coming in and going out. ill get pics up im looking forward to it and the nzxt cam will control all of it.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements