1. Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: WWII, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

No Mic?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2' started by FlyFish998, Sep 21, 2015.

1. FlyFish998

FlyFish998 Recruit

Am I the only one here who will instantly leave a zombie match if the other players don't have mics?

I know it may be frustrating to those who do not own a mic, but i really feel like zombies can't be played as a team without communication. The mic makes it so much easier to make plans, help each other, and know if the other players have any idea what they are doing.

Every once and a while, I will play with those without mics and it seems like every time i do, they are either noobs or trolls.

I also notice that those without mics will often leave at a high round. This is really frustrating.

Does anyone else feel the same?

2. pwarbi

pwarbi Recruit

I do get where your coming from with the old Mic angle and I find it annoying aswell to be honest. I don't see that there's anything wrong with that though and as long as you leave the game right away then that's your choice and there's no harm done.

What I don't get is why would someone play without a Mic anyway? I know some people take the game more seriously than others but isn't a headset/Mic pretty much standard for most games these days?

3. FlyFish998

FlyFish998 Recruit

I would hope that mics are becoming more standard. I do enjoy playing without a mic sometimes on regular deathmatch, but even then i usually end up putting my mic on eventually.

I don't see any real benefit of playing without a mic because communication is half the fun even on team deathmatch. Plus, who doesn't love some friendly competitive banter? ;)

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Recruit

Exactly. The competition and the banter is all what makes the game as good as it is, so I'm not sure why people would choose to play without. I know sometimes if it's constant chat it can get annoying but to playing with an headset on definitely increases the fun.

2 people like this.
  5. AmazonXD

AmazonXD Recruit

People yelling at other people is a staple of competitive first person shooters, namely Halo and Call of Duty. I've noticed that people haven't been hooking up their mics in general, as of late. Back in the day of Halo 2 on the original Xbox, you couldn't get into a match that was quiet. Now, I miss the screams of bad kids as I quick scope them.

It seems like the days of mics and general chatty game lobbies are behind us.

2 people like this.
  6. harpazo22

harpazo22 Recruit

Yes it is very helpful when everybody has mics, but it also won't deter me from playing if they don't have them. It's still fun for me either way.

7. Yosostupid

Yosostupid Recruit

I agree; zombies is a co op mode, and it's more addicting than a lot of other co op zombie games nowadays. If someone doesn't have a mic it tends to ruin the entire experience, but it's even worse if one or two have a mic and the rest don't. You keep expecting some kind of input or ideas, but when no one in your part has a microphone it tends to ruin the fun.