• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

No wonder Activision shut down their forum

Big_Slim

Recruit
Don't get me wrong, I think this game is decent. But, it appears to me that they cut a lot of corners.

For example, there are only two shotguns (both of which have been in 3arcs games since WaW and BO1), only one zombies map and some game modes have a selection of only 2-3 maps. Only 6 maps for TDM and etc. Well now 7 with of course Nuketown being thrown at us.... again.

I feel like if there is a developer that is creative, dedicated to their work and takes pride in what they do then Activision will not hire them. Instead, they hire like minded developers that focus on pumping out the easiest and cheapest thing possible that costs the least to produce.

Any serious artist/developer that takes serious pride in their work would not be able to live with putting out work like this.

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
I can understand why you might think that, particularly when you compare it other CoD games from the past but in defense of the game that's been produced, it has been put together under totally different circumstances to their normal production methods.

The development of BOCW has been held back by a number of things, including:
  • Reduced development time, they had 18-months to complete the project instead of 2-years
  • Increased workload, they had to develop for 3 key platforms plus 2 new consoles with the PS5 and XBox Series S/X
  • A global pandemic that forced the developers to work from home
Circumstances such as the ones we are facing now have affected everything, people can't buy next gen consoles, newly released PC components, laptops, and even guitars are in short supply while demand is higher than ever.

Personally, I would have preferred it if Activision decided to put back the launch of the game and I won't be buying the game until it looks like a more complete package, but I don't expect that to happen anytime soon. Right now, the only reason I can think of to get the game is to play on Nuketown, but it's a lot of money to pay to play 1 map, so I'll pass for now.

Big_Slim

Recruit
DizzyDemon, I can't give them that as an excuse and I will tell you another main reason why....

There is a glitch in Zombies where people constantly jump up on the part of a crashed airplane and they can pretty much stay untouched up there. Almost every game I play someone jumps up there.

I've never seen a glitch remain in Zombies this long. It's like they have absolutely no care to fix it.

In every other CoD Zombies I would quit the game as soon as I seen someone get into a glitch like that. In Cold War Zombies I'm to the point I just accept it and keep playing because it's obviously not gonna get fixed. If I quit every time I see it I will never be able to play.

I feel like Activision shutting down their forums is a sign of what the new norm is gonna be. And the new norm is gonna be what we are seeing in Cold War.

KeyboardDemon

Well I guess my theory about a reduction in development time being the cause of the issues you were experiencing if Cyberpunk 2077 is anything to go by.

Cyberpunk was delayed many times to give the devs more time to finish the game. Yet it still launched with bugs and issues when they took an extra 8 years in total to get the game right.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Well I guess my theory about a reduction in development time being the cause of the issues you were experiencing if Cyberpunk 2077 is anything to go by.

Cyberpunk was delayed many times to give the devs more time to finish the game. Yet it still launched with bugs and issues when they took an extra 8 years in total to get the game right.

Yeah, in the last delay, they said they wanted time to polish the Next Gen BC thing...

I'm still getting Cyberpunk. It's a dream game of mine. This... futuristic game, where the world was ushered into the Judge Dredd-style, dog-eat-dog world.

If I were the license holders for the Judge Dredd franchise, CD Projekt Red is the developer to go to for a Judge Dredd game. Hell, Robocop would be perfect under CDPR.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
@Carlos how you liking Cyberpunk and have you had any issues?
I haven't bought the game, yet, but I'm still going to, despite its woes atm. Man, the outrage mobs are vile. Causing problems for CDPR. Yes, I understand there are glitches, crashes, bugs... but SO. DID. MODERN WARFARE. And the recent release of Black Ops Cold War. No Man's Sky shipped in worse state, or Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, which shipped IN. COMPLETE. Or had cut content, such as Chapter 3.

The 2014 MGSV Trailer was awesome, but most of the cutscenes were axed at Konami's request, because they didn't want the controversy... [Crybaby]

I haven't bought the game, yet, but I'm still going to, despite its woes atm. Man, the outrage mobs are vile. Causing problems for CDPR. Yes, I understand there are glitches, crashes, bugs... but SO. DID. MODERN WARFARE. And the recent release of Black Ops Cold War. No Man's Sky shipped in worse state, or Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, which shipped IN. COMPLETE. Or had cut content, such as Chapter 3.

The 2014 MGSV Trailer was awesome, but most of the cutscenes were axed at Konami's request, because they didn't want the controversy... [Crybaby]

Depending on what your getting it for. Ive got it for pc and ive never had any big bugs only a sound bug now and again and its not that noticeable

KeyboardDemon

I haven't bought the game, yet, but I'm still going to, despite its woes atm. Man, the outrage mobs are vile. Causing problems for CDPR. Yes, I understand there are glitches, crashes, bugs...

When CDPR started coding 8-years ago, had they kept the project quiet and not gone to the lengths of putting out press releases and other publicity then people would have never known it was coming. However, they did start on the hype train long before the game was ready, so expectations were inflated well beyond reasonable levels.

In their defence, they clearly didn't know it would take them as long as it did to complete the game.

Cyberpunk 2077 has bugs, though from the reviews I've seen they are not complete game breakers and the game is payable.

I think Cyberpunk 2077 is the only game that would have seen 2 generations of console realises during its development time, going from PS3 to PS4 and now PS5 or XBox 360 to XBox One and then XBox Series X/S.

Some of the issues Cyberpunk has are the result of sloppy practices though and some of the outrage is directed at that.

When they started the project PCs gamers were using either AMD FX CPUs or Intel, now the majority of AMD CPUs in use by gamers are Ryzen based but the game is still coded for FX CPUs.

With Cold War, the game doesn't feel buggy, playing mostly on high settings, I get excellent frame rates into the 150s to mid 160s or just under 100fps at Ultra with RTX off. The game plays and looks fine, but something doesn't 'feel' right, there is something that's out of place that I can't put my finger on.

I spent about an hour playing the free multiplayer and it doesn't seem as fun, the action is a bit too fast, running, walking, and crouching all seem to fast to me, but it's not that alone that's troubling me. The game just feels a bit off target, whatever that means.

Had I paid for this, I would be upset as it would feel like I'm not getting my money's worth. If this were a meal in a restaurant, I would be sending it back to the kitchen and asking for something else. At least with Cyberpunk 2077, I could still enjoy the game (if I didn't have a Ryzen CPU) as the bugs are like unwanted vegetables that could be pushed to the side of my plate without ruining the meal.

Of course, it's a different story for those on PS4 and XBOne for both Cyberpunk 2077 and Cold War where it's not so much glitches than crashes that lock up your console mid game forcing you turn it off or restart it.

$60/£50 for the base game is a lot of money to many gamers, most of us expect bugs, but we also desire a great experience. I think we got that from MW, we would love to get that from other games like Cyberpunk 2077 and Cold War, I think that's what the outrage is over, people don't think they are getting value for their money.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
When CDPR started coding 8-years ago, had they kept the project quiet and not gone to the lengths of putting out press releases and other publicity then people would have never known it was coming. However, they did start on the hype train long before the game was ready, so expectations were inflated well beyond reasonable levels.

In their defence, they clearly didn't know it would take them as long as it did to complete the game.

Cyberpunk 2077 has bugs, though from the reviews I've seen they are not complete game breakers and the game is payable.

I think Cyberpunk 2077 is the only game that would have seen 2 generations of console realises during its development time, going from PS3 to PS4 and now PS5 or XBox 360 to XBox One and then XBox Series X/S.

Some of the issues Cyberpunk has are the result of sloppy practices though and some of the outrage is directed at that.

When they started the project PCs gamers were using either AMD FX CPUs or Intel, now the majority of AMD CPUs in use by gamers are Ryzen based but the game is still coded for FX CPUs.

With Cold War, the game doesn't feel buggy, playing mostly on high settings, I get excellent frame rates into the 150s to mid 160s or just under 100fps at Ultra with RTX off. The game plays and looks fine, but something doesn't 'feel' right, there is something that's out of place that I can't put my finger on.

I spent about an hour playing the free multiplayer and it doesn't seem as fun, the action is a bit too fast, running, walking, and crouching all seem to fast to me, but it's not that alone that's troubling me. The game just feels a bit off target, whatever that means.

Had I paid for this, I would be upset as it would feel like I'm not getting my money's worth. If this were a meal in a restaurant, I would be sending it back to the kitchen and asking for something else. At least with Cyberpunk 2077, I could still enjoy the game (if I didn't have a Ryzen CPU) as the bugs are like unwanted vegetables that could be pushed to the side of my plate without ruining the meal.

Of course, it's a different story for those on PS4 and XBOne for both Cyberpunk 2077 and Cold War where it's not so much glitches than crashes that lock up your console mid game forcing you turn it off or restart it.

$60/£50 for the base game is a lot of money to many gamers, most of us expect bugs, but we also desire a great experience. I think we got that from MW, we would love to get that from other games like Cyberpunk 2077 and Cold War, I think that's what the outrage is over, people don't think they are getting value for their money.

I know all that. I was there when they originally announced "Cyberpunk" and/or "Cyberpunk 2077." Many people don't realize that this thing was in development before it was even known as "Cyberpunk 2077." I saw the first trailer, the very, very ...VERY first trailer. It was rough. They changed the development based on feedback. The Cyberpunk 2077 we know now, isn't what they originally envisioned.

The thing I was saying about the outrage is that I've seen worse launches than this. The echochamber that exists right now is pushing the company to go into bankruptcy. It's just going to get to the point of forcing into bankruptcy. A few things to notice:

- Sony originally was not going to refund anyone because of their policies. But CDPR said "go complain to Microsoft or Sony on getting refunds." That hurt CDPR, though. Watch what you say on Twitter, because that is just going to backfire. And it's not just because of those GIF's or memes, those SJW's that hide behind keyboards? Some of them bought the game, so the outrage mobs will look for glitches, bugs, and whatnot - and show it. And then, the other half of the SJW's "speaks on behalf" of those who already bought the game, and amplify the echochamber.

I understand that there are people who legitimately bought the game, and showed their glitches, bugs, slowdowns, and talked about the crashes. I get that, but this is the internet. People are stupid. There are "useful idiots." These companies are founded by PEOPLE. These people don't realize that these echochambers hurt companies.

- Sony put CDPR on blast by doing more than one thing: Refunding people. (And even those who didn't really get glitches/bugs/slowdowns/crashes.) Sony also DROPPED Cyberpunk 2077 from PlayStation Network. (For the time being, but still.) This has never happened outside of licensing issues like Marvel Vs Capcom 2 being delisted, or Konami asking Sony to drop P.T. from the store.

- Microsoft followed suit.

- Investors filed a lawsuit for "deceptive practices."

KeyboardDemon

@Carlos What can I say?... break the surface and there's just so much more happening underneath.

Thanks for the update, it was both interesting and frightening, I would hate to see the demise of CDPR, but they haven't been completely on the level here now, have they?