1. Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: WWII, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

No zombies?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: World At War' started by Goku, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Goku

Goku Recruit

Do you think this would have been as popular without zombies?

I don't think so as while I liked WAW, zombies was what kept me coming back as MW's regular MP is better than WAW IMO.

2. Carlos

Carlos Owner
    Staff Member Private

I think it would have been popular without zombies. The "world war" theme in the 60's and 70's were verge of reaching their ceiling, and this was evident with WAW. As a matter of fact, I think it's the reason why they (Treyarch) changed into this whole Black Ops story arc. They just added zombies to increase the popularity of the game - since zombies were a strong theme in those days.

3. Goku

Goku Recruit

Maybe....but I still think zombies were was pretty significant as even MW3 which didn't feature the same mode, was still strongly influenced by it as survival was similar in principal. And it's made a come back in Ghosts, even though it's technically not zombies any more but essentially the same concept.