• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Old gamertag and Activision name still showing on leaderboards

I recently changed my Xbox gamertag and then also my Activision name to match. The new name shows up in game (lobbies and during a match), but my old one still shows up when I go to Barracks -> Records to compare stats with friends

I figured all the systems just needed time to update/refresh, but it’s been about a week since the changes were made

This doesn’t affect gameplay, but it is a little annoying because the whole point of a name change is for the old one to be replaced. Luckily I didn’t have to pay for either name change, but I’d imagine this would bother me more if I did

I’ve done a lot of googling and most threads I read are of people only changing their gamertags and not realizing Activision accounts were separate. I changed both to be clear

I hope someone out there knows a fix!

Wiseowl

Recruit
I recently changed my Xbox gamertag and then also my Activision name to match. The new name shows up in game (lobbies and during a match), but my old one still shows up when I go to Barracks -> Records to compare stats with friends

I figured all the systems just needed time to update/refresh, but it’s been about a week since the changes were made

This doesn’t affect gameplay, but it is a little annoying because the whole point of a name change is for the old one to be replaced. Luckily I didn’t have to pay for either name change, but I’d imagine this would bother me more if I did

I’ve done a lot of googling and most threads I read are of people only changing their gamertags and not realizing Activision accounts were separate. I changed both to be clear

I hope someone out there knows a fix!
Sorry ldk a fix! It’s just another crappy problem added to so many other problems this game has! I hope you’ve not bought full game where you can play campaign and multiplayer, cos that has a load of problems too!

I have a name that shouldn't even be associated with warzone that's showing as my stat name. I have no idea how it even is there

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
U Cool old style warzone fragmovie Call of Duty Media 0
ProjectMyhm4130 Button Layouts - Making do is getting old. Call of Duty: WarZone 5
A Multi Cross Platform Old School Style Clan! Clan Recruitment 0
P Can't delete custom blueprints - not the same old issue! Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
SamimSupreme OLD Grau VS NEW Grau Call of Duty Media 0
J Old Newbie The Lobby 2
A [MW2] [BO1] [PS3] All of my ranks on old COD games have been reset!! Help!! General Call of Duty 1
D PC Old time Ghost Recon, COD, Battlefields player looking for UK clan. Loving COD Warzone. Clan Recruitment 3
M Multi [OFG] Old Fart Gaming Clan Recruitment 0
K The good old infinite story game The Lounge 5
B Xbox Live Over 40 years old? Play COD WW2 on XBOX? Clan Recruitment 0
D Multi GATHERING THE OLD GAMERS Clan Recruitment 0
E patch 1.5. total victory, new or old? General Call of Duty 3
N CRAZY OLD MAN CAPTURES MY FRIEND (Story over COD Gameplay) Call of Duty Media 0
L Im looking for a team that plays compitive call of duty I'm 16 years old. Clan Chat 1
O Old Man Clan recruiting Clan Chat 3
F Old Guy Intro The Lobby 9
P Multi Old XGN/XGC Thread Clan Chat 96
Larry_Imported Hello..New.."old" guy here. The Lobby 5
James_Imported Hello... An old member - kind of. The Lobby 3
O PSN Old Man Clan. Over 30s PS3 casual gaming. Clan Recruitment 1
Tthizzle88 Too old for Chuck E. Cheese? (Story Time) | Black Ops 2 AN94 48-9 Hardpoint Video Games 0
Uzi How old are you? The Lounge 4
Oceane Check this out! 12 year old buying MW3? Call of Duty Media 0
Carlos CODForums is 3 years old! CoDForums Announcements 1
P 32 yr old prestige 4 mw2 looking 4 clan Clan Recruitment 1
A Different kinds of Claymores, Adapted from the old kind. General Call of Duty 1
R Gamertag problems Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4
Send-A-Salami Anyone else having an issue with Gamertag or PS name showing up as Anon? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4
CHRI5LANDRUM GAMERTAG for XBOX ONE: CHRI5LANDRUM (looking for a #1 Clan)HMU Clan Chat 0
M Clan name doesn't appear in gamertag General Call of Duty 2
Thom Play now - Gamertag list Clan Chat 12
Grim Xbox Gamertag Thread Clan Recruitment 51
M MW3 free 20th lobby message the GAMERTAG Mr Pakman192 General Call of Duty 1
Carlos You can now insert your PSN username or XBL gamertag. CoDForums Announcements 2
Carlos Activision teases Black Ops Cold War Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 0
S Activision needs to get their shit together.. Call of Duty: WarZone 0
K Updated Activision Support Page Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
T Letter to Activision... SBMM; not what you think it is. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
T Activision And The Gamer Tag Issue Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
I Hope y'all can see this. Activision certainly needs to. Call of Duty Media 3
M WTH is Activision doing? Their forums are down and MW2 remaster? General Call of Duty 6
T New Season Starts... New Activision Account?? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
Z Xbox Live Looking to play with more people drop your Xbox gt or activision id Clan Chat 0
V Transfering Activision account Call of Duty: WarZone 0
CODForums Official Activision Support links to know about Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
Carlos Activision Support links to know about Call of Duty: WarZone 0
Carlos Activision reveals Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 5
J Multi Upcoming FREE TO ENTER $60,000 COD WWII Tournament (NA Only, Sanctioned by Activision) Clan Chat 0
A-state501 F*CK ACTIVISION General Call of Duty 0