1. Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Old Guy Intro

Discussion in 'The Lobby' started by FantasticDead, Feb 4, 2016.

1. FantasticDead

FantasticDead Recruit

Ok, Im not that old. 31. But it feels like it with my recent online experiences. lol. I just picked up BO3 last weekend and this is my first experience with an COD online play. I was an avid Halo 3 and Reach player a while back but military shooters are a new thing for me.....and I wish I would have tried them sooner.

Right now, I am working on unlocking guns and gear so my K/D ratio is pretty horrible. Like .75 or something.

Im hoping to find a clan to join up with that is 21+ and casual. I like to win but having fun is far more important to me.

2 people like this.
  2. Carlos

Carlos Owner
    Staff Member Private

Welcome to Black Ops 3 Forums! :)

I just turned 34, and I don't feel old, yet.

Don't worry too much about K/D, those do nothing, but be a "bragging" thing. You should feel right at home with COD, especially with the latest games being futuristic. It started out as a WW2 game, switched to Iraqi-war-torn military story (COD4, which started the whole COD frenzy), then switched to semi-futuristic with MW3 (in a possible WW3 scenario), and Ghosts. BO2 pushed the franchise into the future (with some prequel-like storylines), Advanced Warfare pushed this along, and now BO3 is much closer to the future than any one of us envision. However, both Advanced Warfare and Black Ops 3 are closer to Halo than any one of the COD titles, so I reiterate: You should feel right at home.

3. FantasticDead

FantasticDead Recruit

I think the biggest adjustment so far is the need for a faster reaction time. Death comes so much more quickly in Black Ops than it did in Halo or Destiny.

4. Ik0n

Ik0n Recruit

Welcome to the forums @FantasticDead! I'm not sure if you're on Xbox or Playstation but I have a group that usually has a party going every night on PS4.. our name is True Talent and you can check out more about us at our website www.truetalentgaming.com and see if we have what you're looking for. Right now it's not VERY active but has a solid group that enjoys playing together. I read in your other thread that sometimes your 9 year old son plays with you, that's cool.. my cousin plays with me and he's 10.. no worries there.

As for the quoted part, CoD2 started the CoD frenzy Carlos! :)

5. Carlos

Carlos Owner
    Staff Member Private

*Crosses arms and gives that 'oh really' look* Debatable!

COD4 sold around 12-16 Million units worldwide. And I quote Wikipedia here...
    While COD2 has sold... (Yes, Wikipedia again.)
    However, it was an Xbox 360 launch title... It was also released on PC, Mac (OSX), Mobile Phones like iPhone.

6. Ik0n

Ik0n Recruit

5.9 million copies isn't a craze?

That started the craze and them building into a modern combat scenario LED to all them sales for CoD4.

7. Carlos

Carlos Owner
    Staff Member Private

Believe me, I know 5.9 Million copies sold worldwide is significant... But it wasn't a revolutionary game yet...
    To me, COD2 is what Halo was to Microsoft's Xbox, what TitanFall is to Microsoft's Xbox One today. TitanFall sold a lot of copies, but didn't reach that worldwide acclaim that COD4 did. Word of mouth spread like a wildfire with COD4. It was the Mortal Kombat of Shooters.

Let me put it another way so you understand: Mortal Kombat started the craze, but Mortal Kombat II took the franchise to a new level of craze. If you were a small startup and you developed a Mortal Kombat II game, you will see a lot of profit. Infinity Ward saw that with COD4.

I say the same thing for Street Fighter II and subsequent revisions.

8. Ik0n

Ik0n Recruit

So you just proved me right, thank you! I said CoD2 started the craze, I didn't say it took it to a "new level of craze".

9. Carlos

Carlos Owner
    Staff Member Private

COD2 was a game that was just starting to launch, as if they started a rocket. COD4 took everyone by surprise, so that's the start of the COD craze. That's what I meant by "started the COD craze." Go back to my analogy. Mortal Kombat > Mortal Kombat II is the perfect example of what I meant. Mortal Kombat was controversial, but it wasn't until Mortal Kombat II everything blew up. Word of Mouth spread.

Let's just agree to disagree. I still believe that COD4 started the craze based on the fact that it evoked that kind of "Word of Mouth." Without COD4's existence, they'd continue to stay in the 4 to 7 Million a title sort of "box." That's why I didn't believe COD2 was the start of the craze.

Here's Wikipedia's estimate for COD3, for reference...

10. Ik0n

Ik0n Recruit

You can't reference CoD3 because it was made by a completely different company (Treyarch).