• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Old Newbie

JohnnyH

Recruit
Hi guys n gals,

Im a 58 years young pretend soldier.....I love playing this game, however my reflexes have gone, my knees have gone, and my eyesight is bloomin terrible.
So, if I shoot you, I'm very sorry, and if you see me, I am normally a free kill....So, have fun, love the game, see you all out there......

ps: I am normally playing Warzone BR Solos as I am a sad lonely old man...….lololol

Good luck folks.

John

Fumbles

Recruit
Yo JohnnyH....don't feel bad, I'm older than you by a good few years. I'm sorry to hear your knees are 'gone' man. Knees are a bitch. Almost worse than back problems.....but still, both painful and debilitating as all get out.

My job has not been good regarding injuries. Broken back and neck...2 different injuries-4 major spine fusion surgeries 2007 to 2010, partially amputated my right thumb at the first joint, that they put back together, both big toes gnarled up by super heavy loads rolling over them.... impingement surgery on one shoulder.........etc etc.

Starting with the military, in the motorcycle industry for 25yrs and then in the last 21 yrs or more, in my current job in Film & Television production, totally extreme, brutal and downright dangerous at times. 10-12hr days every day, sometimes weekends too.. Also I've concurrently been a pro musician all my life-which is my main love in life...guitar. player. Sounds easy but lot's of heavy lifting there and awful posture issues I'm now trying to correct. Tough isn't it bro'? The young kids here have it all to look forward to.

Regarding eyesight: Big problem. Of course mine started going south at 50.......and progressively have worsened. Where I have a huge issue JohnnyH is when I am training with real weapons. I have been a shooter for years going back to my military service with real SMG's, pistols etc and my fave rifle ever for all the wrong reasons....my service rifle, an FN FAL 7.62X51mm NATO-yeah baby!! :):p. Before that it was break barrel air rifles as a kid.....always been around firearms and pellet guns.

I go out as often as I can and train with my pistols of various calibers and/or my AR-15's, AR-10 and AK-47 MSR's.......Modern Sporting Rifles. I also shoot long distance marksmanship, which is my favorite rifle discipline by far..... with the .308, 5.56 and 6.5mm Creedmoor precision rifles. Precision shooting is where the eyesight/glasses thing gets serious.

Dude! My eyesight is REALLY messing with me right now. I cannot find one prescription that works for everything.....contacts or glasses. I'd kill for 25 year old eyesight again. I'm even looking into eye surgery, where they replace the lens. :eek:

Hang in there man......the games are awesome for hand/eye co-ordination, keeping your brain sharp and just relaxing. I just regret not being able to play as much as I would like to, during the Coronavirus shutdown BS. Too many things to do at home and now I am also teaching my 19 and 14 yr old daughters to surf on the weekends as well.

Don't get couch locked man. We should all prevent becoming sedentary and gamers of all ages, shapes, sizes and level of physical condition....need to get some exercise....... in between campaigns of course.:p Anything helps...walks, bike ride, situps, pushups and other body weight stuff, isometrics etc. It doesn't have to be extreme, in fact it is way best to start off super easy if one is not in shape......and just keep doing it until you feel you are not getting any more benefit ....... and then one can up things a bit. Small increments, baby steps.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
U Cool old style warzone fragmovie Call of Duty Media 0
ProjectMyhm4130 Button Layouts - Making do is getting old. Call of Duty: WarZone 5
A Multi Cross Platform Old School Style Clan! Clan Recruitment 0
P Can't delete custom blueprints - not the same old issue! Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
SamimSupreme OLD Grau VS NEW Grau Call of Duty Media 0
U Old gamertag and Activision name still showing on leaderboards Call of Duty: WarZone 2
A [MW2] [BO1] [PS3] All of my ranks on old COD games have been reset!! Help!! General Call of Duty 1
D PC Old time Ghost Recon, COD, Battlefields player looking for UK clan. Loving COD Warzone. Clan Recruitment 3
M Multi [OFG] Old Fart Gaming Clan Recruitment 0
K The good old infinite story game The Lounge 5
B Xbox Live Over 40 years old? Play COD WW2 on XBOX? Clan Recruitment 0
D Multi GATHERING THE OLD GAMERS Clan Recruitment 0
E patch 1.5. total victory, new or old? General Call of Duty 3
N CRAZY OLD MAN CAPTURES MY FRIEND (Story over COD Gameplay) Call of Duty Media 0
L Im looking for a team that plays compitive call of duty I'm 16 years old. Clan Chat 1
O Old Man Clan recruiting Clan Chat 3
F Old Guy Intro The Lobby 9
P Multi Old XGN/XGC Thread Clan Chat 96
Larry_Imported Hello..New.."old" guy here. The Lobby 5
James_Imported Hello... An old member - kind of. The Lobby 3
O PSN Old Man Clan. Over 30s PS3 casual gaming. Clan Recruitment 1
Tthizzle88 Too old for Chuck E. Cheese? (Story Time) | Black Ops 2 AN94 48-9 Hardpoint Video Games 0
Uzi How old are you? The Lounge 4
Oceane Check this out! 12 year old buying MW3? Call of Duty Media 0
Carlos CODForums is 3 years old! CoDForums Announcements 1
P 32 yr old prestige 4 mw2 looking 4 clan Clan Recruitment 1
A Different kinds of Claymores, Adapted from the old kind. General Call of Duty 1
L Newbie here, don’t know what the hell im doing The Lobby 6
4 Newbie question Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
murkzombieface Newbie with a question about the zombie maps General Call of Duty 0
maxprime94 Hey CoD forums, Newbie here! The Lobby 0
Nishi Newbie guide to Rushing Content Bunker 8
xEmmaa Newbie. :) The Lobby 5
Carlos The newbie guide to Call of Duty. Content Bunker 7