• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

OpenGL Error and Resolution Problem

Jun 22, 2016
My rig is a Windows 7-built Dell that underwent the free Windows 10 upgrade. Well, about a week ago, the computer suddenly flickered off. Before I knew it, my personal resolution, 1366x768, was taken off the table. I have done various attempts to deal with the problem from system restores to driver upgrades, but nothing has worked so far. The machine was built in with an AMD/ATI HD 4200, but the adapter is suddenly registered as "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter." I can't update or roll it back. I have attempted various upgrades with AMD, but the installations don't seem to take effect, and I don't have the various options available.

If that wasn't enough, certain games I have, like Medal of Honor Allied Assault (GOG.com version) and Return to Castle Wolfenstein (Steam version) are on the fritz, as I receive the message "could not load OpenGL subsytem." I have done the famous OpenGL23.dll fix, but it doesn't seem to work, unless I'm doing it wrong.

Can anyone please help me with this issue?

Like CODForums!

Advertisements