• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Pause and restart download NEW Game Purchase

Hi
We’ve just purchased CoD MW and the download keeps pausing following V1.2 and Multi/Campaign pack updates. It then starts the whole cycle again and is stuck in this loop continuously.

Any thoughts / ideas on how to get past this?

Thanks

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Hi
We’ve just purchased CoD MW and the download keeps pausing following V1.2 and Multi/Campaign pack updates. It then starts the whole cycle again and is stuck in this loop continuously.

Any thoughts / ideas on how to get past this?

Thanks
First, let [2019] Modern Warfare finish copying files from disc, let it install. The same idea applies to downloads: Download > Copy > Install. If you interrupt that process, it will ask you to download again. If you didn't interrupt the install, then it won't ask again unless you have a new update like we just did: 1.20. It also requires "Compatibility Data Pack 1" to proceed to Multiplayer.

Hi Thanks for the help, but the following keeps happening (see below) and we are on about our 4th cycle of downloading the game and packs:

1. Load disc and start download.
2. Download V1.2 main update. (91Gb)
3. Download Multiplayer pack (34Gb)
4. Download Copy add on updates (16Gb)- multiple of them
5. Download copy application update.
6. Says it will take +99 hrs and then pauses
7. The Download bar has a pause in the middle and freezes
8. Then when I try to press on application to un pause it, it kicks me straight off of the application.

Then when I try to turn off my PlayStation and come back on it to see if it has done anything it tells me I haven’t downloaded the V1.2 update and need to do that whole process again.

Thanks for the help,
Chris.

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
Are you completely turning your PS4 off, or putting it in to sleep/standby mode?

If you turn if off completely it will not be able to download the parts listed above.

It would not surprise me if your download issues are related to the same server connection issues that all players are experiencing at the moment.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Hi Thanks for the help, but the following keeps happening (see below) and we are on about our 4th cycle of downloading the game and packs:

1. Load disc and start download.
2. Download V1.2 main update. (91Gb)
3. Download Multiplayer pack (34Gb)
4. Download Copy add on updates (16Gb)- multiple of them
5. Download copy application update.
6. Says it will take +99 hrs and then pauses
7. The Download bar has a pause in the middle and freezes
8. Then when I try to press on application to un pause it, it kicks me straight off of the application.

Then when I try to turn off my PlayStation and come back on it to see if it has done anything it tells me I haven’t downloaded the V1.2 update and need to do that whole process again.

Thanks for the help,
Chris.
Bolded: Rebuild Database. First though: Upload your game saves.

Are you completely turning your PS4 off, or putting it in to sleep/standby mode?

If you turn if off completely it will not be able to download the parts listed above.

It would not surprise me if your download issues are related to the same server connection issues that all players are experiencing at the moment.
What he said. In fact, rest mode is actually good for downloads.

Thanks Guys,
We’ve tried in both full power on mode and rest mode, the download appears to complete all 140+ Gb, then just displays a pause (II) icon (and freezes) and restarts the whole process again if I turn my playstation off but if I don’t turn my PlayStation off it remains paused until I do.

Really frustrating, arrrrrrrrghhh ..........

Thanks

Chris

GinaC

Recruit
MonkeyBoyLM
Thanks Guys,
We’ve tried in both full power on mode and rest mode, the download appears to complete all 140+ Gb, then just displays a pause (II) icon (and freezes) and restarts the whole process again if I turn my playstation off but if I don’t turn my PlayStation off it remains paused until I do.

Really frustrating, arrrrrrrrghhh ..........

Thanks

Chris
We are having the same problem. Did you find a solution? Thanks!

Wiseowl

Recruit
I installed downloaded mine on PS4, it too paused a couple of things halfway. As l purchased it from the store it took me back to store page, I think l might have pressed download from there.

Have you tried going into notifications page? Click downloading from there and the right pack, it may continue to download then!

Something obvious here but make sure you have more than enough space! If l remember right it said one thing and then needed more. You need minimum of about 180GB!

Also l only noticed this once l went to play the game. It showed me all the options of what l could play, from there l noticed part of multiplayer and campaign was not fully downloaded.

I have not bought a disc for a while but maybe if you went to play as normal, you should see on game which packs have not downloaded, maybe click from there to see it if it prompts something!

Sorry if you’ve already tried all this!

Last edited by a moderator: