• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

PC vs CONSOLE Debate...

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
As many who read my comments know, I am fervently and passionately Pro PC...

I have been playing WARZONE at work on a PS4 (great job, eh!!?? :D) with a KB and Mouse attached and it's really not bad, speed wise..

So, it occurred to me..

Given the high costs of PC Video Cards, it seems silly to pay $2000 for a high end video card when I can spend less than 200 for a used PS4 or XBOX one and get comparable game play..

So, I am rethinking my PC vs CONSOLE stance...

You don't really need a high end card for warzone. Only streamers do really. My system only needs a 6GB card vs my current 3GB card to be relevant. It all depends on what your system needs to run the game the right way.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
You don't really need a high end card for warzone. Only streamers do really. My system only needs a 6GB card vs my current 3GB card to be relevant. It all depends on what your system needs to run the game the right way.

Troo.. But for any relevant upgrade I would have to spend almost a grand to get better game play on the PC..

If the XBOX ONE X can give me the game play I crave for free, it might be worth forsaking the PC and going over to the "enemy" (consoles) heh :D

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
That's my issue as well...

I have a Core i7 3.2ghz 24GB ram.. My motherboard kicks ass..

But my GTX 970 only has 4GB and it's my weak link...

I am just hoping that the XBOX ONE X has a better GPU... Because I am convinced that the higher the GPU the better the game play is, skill wise...

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
You would have to find out what the console's gpu specs are and compare them.
I know video card prices are dropping as I can get a 6GB card for less than $600 CAD.

XBOX ONE X was the first Xbox to support 4K (2160p) gaming, plus it has 6 Teraflops of graphical processing power.

"Now, I don't know what all that means, but it sounds {good}."
-Tom Cruise, A FEW GOOD MEN

:D

freakdaddy64

Recruit
im pro pc because i can change and upgrade as i wish or can afford and i think with console you are limited to it is what it is. and will prolly stasy thay way so they can keep selling them. my nephews play on consoles but enjoy my pc much better performance wise and graphics.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
im pro pc because i can change and upgrade as i wish or can afford and i think with console you are limited to it is what it is. and will prolly stasy thay way so they can keep selling them. my nephews play on consoles but enjoy my pc much better performance wise and graphics.

True, but if all you want to do is play WARZONE or any game and you can play it, $$ for $$ better on a console than on a PC, it seems that the console is the way to go..

Of course, that takes into account the current prices on video cards.. If I could get a good Video Card for MSRP, then that would be the better way to go...

freakdaddy64

Recruit
depends on what your ok with, my nephews play alot of warzone on console and comapared to warzone on my pc im sorry but consoles suck lol. consoles are great for gaming but im a pc gamer and think its just better.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
depends on what your ok with, my nephews play alot of warzone on console and comapared to warzone on my pc im sorry but consoles suck lol. consoles are great for gaming but im a pc gamer and think its just better.
True, but you have a kick-ass Video Card... If I had your card, I would be PC all the way as well.. :D

But if it's a choice between a 2K Video Card and a free XBOX ONE X....?? :D

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
OK Played a round with the XBOX ONE X, hooked up to my 24" PC Monitor 1080p

Good game.. I was hampered by a lack of sound but I was able to wrack up 9 kills, which is very good for me.. So, game play were better than my GTX 970..

Since the Deployment Choppers flew over the Prison first, it was a brawl situation so I wasn't able to pay attention to the scenery much..

I did notice a few glitches/freezes. Enough to be noticeable (and somewhat annoying), but did not impact game play too much.. That could be attributed to being on WiFi and not ethernet..

But with my M/KB set up, and after a few keybind adjustments, game mechanics were indistinguishable from my PC.. Game play was better...

So, this might work after all.. :D At least until I win the lotter and buy RTX 3080 ti s for everyone.. :D

Oh and I can settle the Aimbot debate once and for all.. You DON'T get AimAssist on a M/KB setup on a console.. At least, there is no setting for it that I saw.. It's possible I missed it, but I specifically looked for it and couldn't find it..

And one more thing bandwidth wise... When I played online on the PS4 at work with a Comcast Fiber Net Connection, I got about the same MS Latency as I do at home with a 6mbps DSL connection..

So Kudos to TPTB for their Latency setup.. It works very well..