• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Angels of Death

Performance issues on PS4 Pro

xzLavers

Recruit
I've been having performance issues with the game now for the last couple of months but now the problems are just getting worse. I'm loading into games far slower than my friends - for example in S&D I'll often miss the chance to spawn in the first round as it takes me 40 seconds or so longer to load in. It then takes a few minutes for the textures to render in properly. I'll often see invisible guns too for a long time until they load in correctly. I'm then having lots of stuttering issues and lag spikes, trouble joining parties or staying in them during matchmaking and all sorts - there's almost too many issues like this to name!

WiFi shouldn't be an issue - generally getting around 45mbps so it can't be that. I've deleted the game and re-installed it twice now too. The first time I noticed improvement for a short amount of time but second time no change. Got a PS4 Pro with about 500gb of free storage space too.

I'm going crazy trying to play this game at the moment and just getting fed up with it. Anyone have any ideas?

Angels of Death

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
I've been having performance issues with the game now for the last couple of months but now the problems are just getting worse. I'm loading into games far slower than my friends - for example in S&D I'll often miss the chance to spawn in the first round as it takes me 40 seconds or so longer to load in. It then takes a few minutes for the textures to render in properly. I'll often see invisible guns too for a long time until they load in correctly. I'm then having lots of stuttering issues and lag spikes, trouble joining parties or staying in them during matchmaking and all sorts - there's almost too many issues like this to name!

WiFi shouldn't be an issue - generally getting around 45mbps so it can't be that. I've deleted the game and re-installed it twice now too. The first time I noticed improvement for a short amount of time but second time no change. Got a PS4 Pro with about 500gb of free storage space too.

I'm going crazy trying to play this game at the moment and just getting fed up with it. Anyone have any ideas?
It's either the game's servers or someone cheating in the lobby. Here's me last night on my base PS4...
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCBuEPRev2c

I have good connection, and am using WiFi.

xzLavers

Recruit
It's either the game's servers or someone cheating in the lobby. Here's me last night on my base PS4...
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCBuEPRev2c

I have good connection, and am using WiFi.
I think you misunderstand me. It can't be a server issue as I'm always playing with friends who are having no issues whatsoever. It can't be 'cheating' (I don't even know what you mean by that), because it happens in every single game I play - and only to me. Which is why I assume it's some kind of hardware issue...

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
I think you misunderstand me. It can't be a server issue as I'm always playing with friends who are having no issues whatsoever. It can't be 'cheating' (I don't even know what you mean by that), because it happens in every single game I play - and only to me. Which is why I assume it's some kind of hardware issue...
Here's the thing. You are on the best hardware available on the PlayStation side. You shouldn't have this issue. That's why I said it's the game, the game's server, and/or the lobby. When I say lobby, I meant everyone in the match. So, if your friends aren't cheating, it's the other side. I just showed you proof that this isn't exclusive to you.

The cheating in Modern Warfare is widely known. So, assume the worst.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DizzyDemon Troubleshooting PC game performance issues Content Bunker 2
E Brand new "average" PC and poor performance plus crashes Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
S Post Season 4 Update Lag Issues Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
C Leaderboard name issues? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
DizzyDemon Geforce Experience Upload issues Call of Duty Media 0
K WarZone issues.. Call of Duty: WarZone 1
C Multiplayer issues Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Mikael_Aether Strela-P issues and Rocket Launcher Leveling. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 10
I Leaderboard name issues Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Z Connection issues... Warzone Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
D Server issues? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 11
B Multiple Issues Call of Duty: WarZone 1
R Lag Issues Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
C Logging in Issues Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
D Issues with Getting gold Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
T Name Change Issues... Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
B watch issues Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4
G Issues with multiplayer split screen Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
J Ground war graphics issues? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 12
T Issues That Haven't Been Addressed General Call of Duty 0
H Lag issues with TDM 100 General Call of Duty 0
T Rage-Xbox One backwards compatible issues Video Games 1
B For all those players CONSTANTLY complaining about their "issues" General Call of Duty 0
R Disconnection issues General Call of Duty 1
B Audio issues on XB1 General Call of Duty 0
S Black Ops 3 issues General Call of Duty 6
H Lag issues General Call of Duty 1
JusZenTFN Post Reply Issues Completed Suggestions 8
monnow Xbox Live XBOX360 issues General Call of Duty 0
monnow Xbox Live AE4 Issues General Call of Duty 5
monnow Xbox Live Xbox update issues General Call of Duty 0
J CoD Heroes issues General Call of Duty 0
WhoIsDo New patch live on PS4/XB1/PC, improves connectivity & lag issues General Call of Duty 5
J Severe Lag Issues - PC General Call of Duty 5
S System Link Issues General Call of Duty 0
Ghost17697 Today on MW3... Anyone else experience major lag issues?? General Call of Duty 4
G Awaiting Connection/Server timed out issues. General Call of Duty 5
Y PS4 Lobbies Warzone Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
X Multi [PS4/XBOX/PC] [All Regions] Cortex is recruiting new members! Clan Recruitment 0
H Multi [NA] [EU] [PS4] [XB1] [PC] Winter Clan Wants You! Clan Recruitment 1
B PSN PS4 casual COD player Clan Chat 1
A PSN Extremechaos1000 ps4 Clan Chat 1
R Multi ['RoK] Rise of Kings Recruiting [PS4/PC/Xbox] Clan Recruitment 0
H PSN Looking to add active PS4 players for core multiplayer Clan Chat 0
K PSN Looking for an active clan on PS4 Clan Recruitment 4
R PSN Redux Revolution new PS4 Clan Clan Recruitment 1
F Lobby for Xbox and Ps4 only. No pc hackers Call of Duty: WarZone 19
P PSN [PS4] [NA] Main AR looking for a competitive team Clan Recruitment 0
R Multi Looking for members Pc Xbox And ps4 Clan Recruitment 0
BatachugotChew PSN Looking for PS4 Clan for MW, WW2 Clan Recruitment 3