• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Angels of Death

Please add money back to boxes

It seems like every update they release they make the game less and less fun. What drew me to the game was how arcady it was. You got to have your weapons most of the game, if your friends died you could bring them back fairly easily. No other BR game that I know of was or is doing those things.

But then the updates start. The price of loadout boxes increases, then increases again. Those were "fine" but had a noticable affect on how arcady the game feels. Then they take money out of boxes. At first it wasn't the end of the world because they added Most Wanted contracts alongside that update and kept the arcady feel. But then they took them out for some reason.

At this point I feel it's important that I say that me and my group of friends that play are not bad, but we're not amazing either. We have a decent amount of wins but we're definitely not taking the game super seriously.

Maybe what the game is becoming is what most people want. I don't know. All I know is that with every update they drive me and my friends further and further away.

Angels of Death

That's the point. Things shouldn't be so hard to buy. Making money a random chance out of boxes means that the people that get it are lucky. More money in the "economy" of a match is not a bad thing.

That's the point. Things shouldn't be so hard to buy. Making money a random chance out of boxes means that the people that get it are lucky. More money in the "economy" of a match is not a bad thing.
Just the loadouts all they changed, My god . if you have team mates add that shit together for 10,000 its not hard. Stimulus is easy also. It should be hard to get because , people just standing around buy stations buying uav out the ass etc is stupid.

QuickC5

Recruit
I don't agree with more money in boxes. It doesn't encourage adventuring out to find new boxes (encourages camping), makes it too easy to get a load out and perks, and encourages you to fight to score someone else's money. It also doesn't make it easy to bring back team mates...

There are two ways
I don't agree with more money in boxes. It doesn't encourage adventuring out to find new boxes (encourages camping), makes it too easy to get a load out and perks, and encourages you to fight to score someone else's money. It also doesn't make it easy to bring back team mates...
How so? The readdition of Most Wanted contracts in 1.21 is a good step. But money is more boxes would absolutely make it easier to get teammates back.

QuickC5

Recruit
There are two ways

How so? The readdition of Most Wanted contracts in 1.21 is a good step. But money is more boxes would absolutely make it easier to get teammates back.
Maybe I wasn't clear - I don't want it to be too easy to get teammates back. My main gripe with any of the COD games is that the really good game players are given even more opportunities to pummel the competition, i.e. you kill other players, you get their cash, so you can keep your team filled. You get more kill streak weapons, etc. I'd prefer that things stay equal throughout the game, regardless of killstreaks... if that makes sense.

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
There are two ways

The idea that you consider Most Wanted contracts as a great way to make money speaks volumes as to how you play the game. Good players complained when Bounties were removed because, if you have good gunskill your team can be constantly taking out other teams and making money. But you would rather pick up a contract and sit tight for 3 minutes and avoid other teams to make money.

The entire point of a lot of game mechanics in BR games is to discourage camping because the map is HUGE and no matter how many players you drop in, people are going to try to camp because it's less risky. The circle forcing you to move. Starting with nothing so you have to move around to acquire better weapons. Adding contracts to give higher rewards than just regular looting but also forcing you to move.

Handing tons of cash in every box you open and cheap loadouts means teams are going to have their loadouts within a few minutes. Then, what is your purpose of playing after that? Sit in buildings with your loadout waiting for the circle to close? Why would you leave, you have everything you'll ever need for the next 30 minutes, you'll just wait for the circle to push you.

Less money in each box means you have to move more and open more boxes, especially so when Loadout prices were raised. It means if you lose a teammate, you will have to move more and open more boxes to get them back. If you are coming back from the Gulag, you can't just open a couple boxes and quickly get your Loadouts back, it means you have to move more and open more boxes.

All of those situations require you to move more to loot more boxes. Moving to more boxes means moving out in the open between buildings and areas of the map. Other teams are also being forced to do this same thing, so you'll run into each other more often. Forcing you to loot more in order to be fully kitted means more chances you'll happen upon combat situations. Which you sound like you're trying to avoid.

The old argument back to PUBG's initial days is people complaining about loot not being populated enough. The idea is you need to move and kill other squads in order to get fully kitted, and if you don't you aren't going to wind up with the loadout you want. Why don't you just drop everyone from the plane with a pre-existing loadout? Because then what is the point of BR at all? Dropping 150 players from the plane where you already have everything you need encourages camping.

The idea that you consider Most Wanted contracts as a great way to make money speaks volumes as to how you play the game. Good players complained when Bounties were removed because, if you have good gunskill your team can be constantly taking out other teams and making money. But you would rather pick up a contract and sit tight for 3 minutes and avoid other teams to make money.

The entire point of a lot of game mechanics in BR games is to discourage camping because the map is HUGE and no matter how many players you drop in, people are going to try to camp because it's less risky. The circle forcing you to move. Starting with nothing so you have to move around to acquire better weapons. Adding contracts to give higher rewards than just regular looting but also forcing you to move.

Handing tons of cash in every box you open and cheap loadouts means teams are going to have their loadouts within a few minutes. Then, what is your purpose of playing after that? Sit in buildings with your loadout waiting for the circle to close? Why would you leave, you have everything you'll ever need for the next 30 minutes, you'll just wait for the circle to push you.

Less money in each box means you have to move more and open more boxes, especially so when Loadout prices were raised. It means if you lose a teammate, you will have to move more and open more boxes to get them back. If you are coming back from the Gulag, you can't just open a couple boxes and quickly get your Loadouts back, it means you have to move more and open more boxes.

All of those situations require you to move more to loot more boxes. Moving to more boxes means moving out in the open between buildings and areas of the map. Other teams are also being forced to do this same thing, so you'll run into each other more often. Forcing you to loot more in order to be fully kitted means more chances you'll happen upon combat situations. Which you sound like you're trying to avoid.

The old argument back to PUBG's initial days is people complaining about loot not being populated enough. The idea is you need to move and kill other squads in order to get fully kitted, and if you don't you aren't going to wind up with the loadout you want. Why don't you just drop everyone from the plane with a pre-existing loadout? Because then what is the point of BR at all? Dropping 150 players from the plane where you already have everything you need encourages camping.
You're right. But there's a reason that I fell off of PUBG fairly quickly and Warzone is already the BR game that I've put by far the most time in, and that's because of the respawn mechanics and how you don't have to watch someone play or quit if you die. I know that ever since Apex introduced respawning that others have adapted the system, but Warzone just feels the best.

And that's what it really comes down to to me. When I'm playing as a squad, I want to be playing as a squad. Not running around getting money or watching my friends do that. I understand that you can't just bring people back instantly. There needs to be punishment for screwing up, but I think that what they did prior to 1.21 just didn't feel good. For the couple of days that 1.21 has been out though it feels a lot better than before and I'm happy now.

Warzone is the most arcady BR game out there and I'd like it to stay that way. I like having my loadout and playing with my friends. I know that that can't happen 100% of the time in a gametype like this, but tweaking the settings/systems to allow for it to happen more often undeniably makes the game more fun for me and the people that I play with.

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
You're right. But there's a reason that I fell off of PUBG fairly quickly and Warzone is already the BR game that I've put by far the most time in, and that's because of the respawn mechanics and how you don't have to watch someone play or quit if you die. I know that ever since Apex introduced respawning that others have adapted the system, but Warzone just feels the best.

And that's what it really comes down to to me. When I'm playing as a squad, I want to be playing as a squad. Not running around getting money or watching my friends do that. I understand that you can't just bring people back instantly. There needs to be punishment for screwing up, but I think that what they did prior to 1.21 just didn't feel good. For the couple of days that 1.21 has been out though it feels a lot better than before and I'm happy now.

Warzone is the most arcady BR game out there and I'd like it to stay that way. I like having my loadout and playing with my friends. I know that that can't happen 100% of the time in a gametype like this, but tweaking the settings/systems to allow for it to happen more often undeniably makes the game more fun for me and the people that I play with.
And that's all well and good. But this means you should just play regular MP then, because then you have whatever you want at all times and your teammates insta-respawn. Don't turn BR into MP. The best part of BR is the risk/reward where you try to improve your loadout while not putting yourself in harms way, using good scouting/comms to identify and take out teams near you, all while knowing if you make one mistake you're done. I don't necessarily mind the respawning mechanic, because like you said it is more fun to play than watch teammates. But there is a fine balance and if it's too easy to bring back teammates then you're just playing MP on a huge map.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Please, for the love of God, add a penalty system for people who quit Call of Duty: WarZone 4
P Please add a FOV slider for console on modern warfare? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
M Error: unable to connect to server - Ive tried everything!!!!! Help me please Call of Duty: WarZone 4
O Please have Separate loadouts for warzone an multiplayer Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 3
G-Stars77 Multi Looking for a clan please Clan Recruitment 2
S please check me out Call of Duty Media 0
B PSN Need a Regiment to join Please Clan Recruitment 0
Kellomies GLITCHED SCREEN (MODERN WARFARE WARZONE) please watch Call of Duty Media 0
Kellomies I just uploaded a new video on my channel, please show some support Call of Duty Media 0
G Is this a bannable offense? If so please let me know. Call of Duty: WarZone 0
Wiseowl help with record sheet please! Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 6
I Please fix the skull hammer blueprint dismemberment. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
S Hardcore Warzone PLEASE! Call of Duty: WarZone 9
F gulag waiting time too long: 30 seconds maximum please Call of Duty: WarZone 3
F SKILL BASED MATCHMAKING PLEASE Call of Duty: WarZone 19
F ANTICHEAT SYSTEM PLEASE Call of Duty: WarZone 0
F please deactivate voice in gulag Call of Duty: WarZone 12
T Please ban or limit c4! It literally takes no skill. I was flying im a heli and all they have to do is jump and double tap square. Make it to were the Call of Duty: WarZone 25
M Modern warfare montage! please check it out! Call of Duty Media 0
VelocityxApe Please check This out! Call of Duty Media 0
H Please explain too me Call of Duty: WarZone 12
M Can we please adjust the idiotic "Corner-Jump Meta" Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 8
S Please make BR 'Classic' a permanent addition Call of Duty: WarZone 8
Povstreaming Follow me please. Call of Duty Media 1
B I absolutely stink at this game - please help Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 6
K Call of Duty Mobile help, please General Call of Duty 1
H Please explain too me General Call of Duty 0
K Punish one group to please another. Call of Duty: WarZone 5
S Spent 30 hours getting footage/editing this montage. Please Enjoy! Call of Duty Media 0
R Please bring back Plunder with TRIOS and QUADS Call of Duty: WarZone 3
R Please Help me with this Call of Duty: WarZone 0
Wiseowl Buying from cod store? Please someone answer! Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 7
BeneathGod Please Make Realism and Night varient a core playlist Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 6
A Noob help please Call of Duty: WarZone 3
P FPS DROP, HELP PLEASE Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
B Help please with download Call of Duty: WarZone 1
P Someone please explain!! Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
S Can We Please Change This Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 6
M please help me Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4
H Fov question, please help Call of Duty: WarZone 0
H Can we please have shoot the ship mode back as... Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
C Hi i really need help please [PC] Shadow texture glitch from distance Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
AidsMaid PSN Inv me for SnD please - USA/PSN Clan Chat 1
R Please read! Call of Duty Media 0
I Is anybody else having this same promblem ? (Please gets Treyarch's attention) General Call of Duty 3
Iaudio_JT Comeback video!! Give pointers please! Call of Duty Media 3
VoiDProjects Multi Go join this discord please Clan Chat 0
C PLEASE Treyarch, do NOT General Call of Duty 1
P Xbox Live Clan please Clan Recruitment 2
I PSN Hardcore TDM and KC players looking for a clan, please read Clan Recruitment 3