• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Black Ops 6, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Please Help with PC issues.

bruss120

Recruit
Processor AMD Athlon Gold 3150U with Radeon Graphics 2.40 GHz 2 cores
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.67 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Windows 11 Home Build 22621

I'm not sure if you need anything else...if so just ask...
I've tried downloading form both Battlenet and Steam only after completely deleting ALL files from previous versions from file explorer before installing from the other. tried forcing it to use DirectX 11 tried turning down different settings in the display settings. i keep getting the same error basically everytime..Ill post a screen shot with this...

the game opens fine and the menus are great... the very moment I click to enter a match in warzone It gives me the error... I tried the scan and repair with battlenet and verifying game files with steam....

hopefully someone can help! Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-15 015224.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-15 015224.png
    151.2 KB · Views: 5
i get it off and on and its not you it has been a problem so its on the game side. mine was only doing it in dmz. have you checked multiplayer or you cant get in any gome mode.

Do you by any chance have OneDrive running?

What does game_ship.exe crash error mean? The cause of this error in the game is currently uncertain, but it is generally believed to be caused by a problem with the file detection system. The launcher seems to be unable to locate important files from the game's folder for some reason.

OneDrive can actually cause issues with mismatched files in a game that updates every few days and this can cause some problems that I have heard of.

Try disabling it and run the scan and repair option, hard boot your system to set the new files. You may have to do this a couple of times but what the hell, it is worth a few minutes to see if it helps.

Good Luck and please report back either way.

How-to Fix verify game files error (OneDrive) is the problem

Hello, this is how to fix (13 files failed to validate or any (possibly) any other verification problem.

I had this problem before on Windows 10 and 11. I found a way to keep the game lunching every time you click one it .

I encountered the problem in windows 10 after i did a clean install of windows. i before had always disabled Onedrive because i don't use it very often and i don't need anything backing up on my limited space that i have. I upgrade to windows 11 thinking the problem was 10.

When i upgraded to Win 11 the one drive stared uploading all types of files from the most common area (Desktop-Document, Pictures- music ) . I noticed this and later on trying to figure out why my game had to be re verified every time i wanted to play.

The only way i could play was like this
>verify files>13 failed to validate>it re-downloaded> Restart PC>as soon as it restarted open game > game loaded> accept all Terms >update requires restart> then game stared normally. some times in game after hours it would crash and say (steam_ship.exe something like that) and i had to verify.

Hopefully this helps anyone with 13 files failed to validate or anything in the same matter. lets start.

How To Fix.
1. If games is not starting now go-to bottom right corner and right click on the onedrive cloud
2. go to onedrive settings and disable start when you sign in to windows.
2a. if you use onedrive go to folder settings and remove Documents Folder form the list.
(COD settings are in Documents folder and that's what make the game crash and not start because Onedrive tries to re-sync the previous files while call of duty is not able to update the files)
3. go to steam and re-verify the files .
4. After all files have been verified and downloaded restart Windows
5. Open the game when windows has restarted .
6. Accept the Terms and wait for game restart.
7. After game restart you should be good to go.

Found this in a Steam forum and I share it here so you have a better guideline of steps to help demonstrate what I was talking about.

Processor AMD Athlon Gold 3150U with Radeon Graphics 2.40 GHz 2 cores
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.67 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Windows 11 Home Build 22621

I'm not sure if you need anything else...if so just ask...
I've tried downloading form both Battlenet and Steam only after completely deleting ALL files from previous versions from file explorer before installing from the other. tried forcing it to use DirectX 11 tried turning down different settings in the display settings. i keep getting the same error basically everytime..Ill post a screen shot with this...

the game opens fine and the menus are great... the very moment I click to enter a match in warzone It gives me the error... I tried the scan and repair with battlenet and verifying game files with steam....

hopefully someone can help! Thanks in advance
It looks like your system is laptop that falls below the minimum required specifications for the game to run, you can check that your laptop meets those requirements by going to this website.

Once you have got to the page in the link, look for the blue button that says "Can You Run It?".

It should download a Hardware Detection app, run this app (you might need to hold CTRL and press J to see your Downloads, look for Detection.exe and press the Open File button below that file name.

Once that App has run it will generate a report that will explain if you can or can't run the game in Minimum and Recommended specs, you need to make sure you get a green tick to show that you can run it.

I've split these posts from another thread. I'm gonna throw out some warnings to folks:

Please post in the right forums. If you must make a new thread, go for it. We have readers, bro. So, please don't hijack others' threads. The next person hijacking threads is gonna get a slap on the wrist.

Try me.

can i just delete one drive and not use it
Absolutely. It is not in any way useful unless you are using it for something specific. I disabled mine a long time ago.

@Carlos, thanks for merging my 2 posts since I thought of the other Steam article after I posted and it is now much smoother. I would have edited my post but not possible with the forum setup.

@Carlos, thanks for merging my 2 posts since I thought of the other Steam article after I posted and it is now much smoother. I would have edited my post but not possible with the forum setup.
It's not the forum. I turned it off. I said it many times: A user abused the edit button. I'll look at it once I hit 20,000 Members.

mine stopped doing it but i deleted one drive anyway and i did look and one drive did show modern warfare files in it.
Your issues and the issues that the OP are experiencing are not related, your PC has the CPU and GPU power to cope with Warzone, the OP is using an Athlon 3150U, where U stands for Ultra-low power, his 15-watt TDP processor is not a match for your 105-watt CPU and it looks like his GPU is integrated, while you have an RTX 3090.

I would like to hear back from @bruss120 to see if he does run the test on the 'Can You Run It' website, so I can confirm my suspicions, I think it is highly likely that he has either a laptop or an All-in-one PC.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements