• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Possible MW Update?

Militia98

Recruit
While I am definitely a fan of playing Modern Warfare in 2021, I'm starting to think the Developers are running behind on keeping MW's servers up-to-date. People are still getting kicked from games, matches are still glitching out (whether in Multiplayer or Co-Op), and even Players who enjoyed the game when it first launched are losing interest. With Season 4 of Cold War around the corner, I just know that several Players are getting ready to abandon Modern Warfare.

My idea is simply an update for Modern Warfare to fix some bugs, improve the server quality, possibly add some new features (like Co-Op Challenges to unlock the DLC Weapons and Attachments), and just some quality-of-life improvements. I know it's not a guarentee, but I hope that one of the devs at Treyarch and Activision sees this and takes it into consideration.

I know it's a lot to ask -- especially with Cold War's 4th Season around the corner (congratulations, by the way) -- but I think a lot of Players would definitely benefit from an update to Modern Warfare, as well as the new and upcoming content for Cold War (which I'm REALLY excited for). If you read this, just note that I'm not impatient or judgemental (like most of the community is when they get bad news). I'm just worried that Modern Warfare will fall down under as a lot of Warzone players are losing interest in the game as well.

Thank you for reading this and I hope to see you on the front. Good luck, Demon Dogs.

-Militia98, Fallen Alliance (FA'20)

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
I don't play MW anymore, despite not liking Cold War when it launched, I ended up getting it because my friends crossed over and I didn't want to get left out.

Now I don't play MW anymore because I've grown to like Cold War more and I can tell you the net issues on Cold War are just as bad.

I got a server disconnect on Zombies Solo recently, got stuck inside the sub on Armada following some really bad network lag and frequently see my latency shoot up from mid 30's to 40's way up to the high 900's which really breaks the game.

KeyboardDemon

We've been complaining about no dedicated servers for literally over a decade, your complaints fall on deaf ears.
I don't remember as many server issues with MW3 as we are seeing in the games now.

At last count I think there was a combined total player base of over 75 million people. I do think that the issues we are getting have more to do with server capacity than netcode, but I think there are issues with both.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
I don't remember as many server issues with MW3 as we are seeing in the games now.

At last count I think there was a combined total player base of over 75 million people. I do think that the issues we are getting have more to do with server capacity than netcode, but I think there are issues with both.
There was constant server issues at the time. Many players voiced their "concerns" on the old Forums, which spilled into Social Media. Many players wanted dedicated servers then, and still to this day.

KeyboardDemon

There was constant server issues at the time. Many players voiced their "concerns" on the old Forums, which spilled into Social Media. Many players wanted dedicated servers then, and still to this day.
I don't remember any of that, I really enjoyed the game and maybe the fun that I had has pushed any bad memories of network and server issues out of my mind.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
I don't remember any of that, I really enjoyed the game and maybe the fun that I had has pushed any bad memories of network and server issues out of my mind.
I liked MW3, the problem is the glitches, bugs, and whatnot - but it was smaller in terms how often it would happen. However, the server issues were widespread especially on consoles, which at the time, was on peer to peer hosting. Fans wanted dedicated servers to have better connectivity.

KeyboardDemon

I liked MW3, the problem is the glitches, bugs, and whatnot - but it was smaller in terms how often it would happen. However, the server issues were widespread especially on consoles, which at the time, was on peer to peer hosting. Fans wanted dedicated servers to have better connectivity.
That explains it, I've always played on PC.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
That explains it, I've always played on PC.
Even PC players were complaining. Activision's solution at the time was half-assed, they opted to use GameServers.com

Official wording from Activision at the time...

Article where it explains that GameServers.com was retained for MW3...