• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

probably dont need to upgrade cpu

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
You already have a Ryzen 7 5800X3D right?

The only move you can make is to a 5900X or 5950X but the 5800X3D is still the best gaming CPU in AMD's range, even after the launch of the 7000 series CPUs.

If you do decide to go to the 7000 series, then that would need a new mobo, DDR5 RAM and possibly a new PSU. Even without the new PSU you are not looking at an upgrade, this is a rebuild.

freakdaddy64

Recruit
i just upgraded to the 5800x3d i installed it when i did new case. no more upgrade for me. not ready to go all out am5 for a long while.

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
Previous reviews of the 5800X3D didn't show an overall big improvement over the 5800X in many games, but this comparison suggests that this might have been due to the lack of a GPU with enough performance to harness the power of the newer processor.

Check out the conclusion from this review to see what happened when they tested with an RTX4090.

Sorry, I couldn't add the link from my phone for some reason, it makes for some interesting reading, enjoy.

freakdaddy64

Recruit
i am very pleased with frame rates in modern warfare with 5800x3d heres a video i posted in media of mw 2

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
AntiCheatAgent94 Probably A Stupid Question But..... Technology 0
G Probably the best M4A1 loadout ... try it u will be surprised Call of Duty Media 0
fps_sausage COD4 REMASTERED CRAZIEST PREDICTION (WILL PROBABLY HAPPEN ) Call of Duty Media 0
D Probably the best Advanced Warfare Tips! Call of Duty Media 0
D Probably my favorite vid. Call of Duty Media 0
B 91-0 Gameplay on Carrier. Probably my best game Call of Duty Media 0
Fariko Rickadoo Xbox Live KCCO Clan (Probably the best clan in the world) Clan Recruitment 1
M Warzone If noob tubes have an arm distance, why dont RPG's? Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 0
K Cheaters dont get banned ? Call of Duty Media 0
P Warzone Mouse dont love left or right in game Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 0
J Warzone hello, i have been banned and i dont know why.. is any posible to see why???? thx joutes@seznam.cz Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 6
S Warzone Weapon dont get exp Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 2
Y Warzone Its posible dont put together pc gamers and cosoles gamers..i am wondering who had that fatastic idea.. Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 6
J Warzone I dont get that much FPS but i have a decent PC Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 1
H Warzone Dont make warzone free Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 14
M Dont do it Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 1
C Xbox Live Wanna join a clan but dont want to be bossed around well msg me Clan Recruitment 0
Soulwatcher PC I dont get the whole crouch thing! General Call of Duty 0
D [xbox one] Team Infinity Recruitment , dont have to be good Clan Chat 0
collapsranger Black Ops 2 (133-3) 6v6 Hijacked :: I dont know what to do Call of Duty Media 0
corbin price Why Dont I Get My Fans Back ~ Stop Ciycle Call of Duty Media 0
D DeAdLiEsT Clan Now Recruiting! You dont have to be a professional!!! Clan Recruitment 0
D 2 Things need fixed Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II 7
OhBonezz Multi I need some teammates!!! Clan Recruitment 0
M Xbox Live NEED SQUAD Clan Chat 0
J Snipers need a buff Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II 0
J Ground war spawns need work Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II 0
P Submachine guns definitely need to be buffed. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II 3
oneofonetrey Multi NEED RANKED TEAM! Clan Chat 0
T Warzone Need help Game wont load after patch on battle.net my PC just freezes Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 0
G Multi Need some players to help with mauer der toten Easter egg Clan Chat 1
Z Warzone I really need help with this Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 0
La.Muneca187 Need help Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 3
B Warzone Need help on pc Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 2
P Need Help: Game Error Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 2
S COD Mobile in need of a purge General Call of Duty 1
K Multi Need Members for My Vanguard Clan and Warzone Group Clan Chat 1
C Need help with game location Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 9
J Sliding and jumping need nerfed Call of Duty: Vanguard 3
R Mobile Need New Members Clan Recruitment 0
W Warzone Need a patch.. Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 0
U Mobile World Championships Mobile I NEED A TEAM Clan Chat 0
M Need help with an update Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 0
J Warzone Need help! Warzone Xbox problems Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 3
S Multi Need people to play with Clan Chat 3
C Warzone They need to add motorcycles! Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 0
H I need help Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
L Please respond Need Help! please respond Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 3
ScytheLucifer Multi Competitive/ Casual Sniper need a clan! Clan Chat 1
R Who else thinks that they need to rework almost all attachments for Cold War they are just messed up, specially for sniper Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 0