1. Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: WWII, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

PS4 or Xbox One?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by TheViper, Dec 1, 2013.

1. TheViper

TheViper Recruit

Which console did you get after their respective launches?

I have yet to purchase either console and will wait for at least a few months. Though, my first choice will always be the PlayStation 4. I am interested in knowing what consoles you guys will purchase.

2. dejongkimberlee

dejongkimberlee Recruit

I ordered a PS4 a few days ago and I am waiting for it in the mail currently. I love the touchpad on the remote and PSN. The Xbox One did have a convincing argument but I stuck with Sony and Playstation. Can't wait for it to get here

3. Fuey500

Fuey500 Recruit

I also haven't purchased any console currently, but I would have to say that from what my friends say the PS4 is the way to go. Personally I've had an Xbox forever so I feel like when I do go to buy one of the consoles I will end up getting a Xbox One.

4. Thrix

Thrix Recruit

PS4. No real reason, they are both great consoles, but it's just like Messi or Ronaldo. You have your favorite and that's it.
    Also, my PS4 is on its way, I can't freaking wait!

5. tarcon

tarcon Recruit

I think PS4 is the way to go this generation. Xbox One has some impressive Kinect technology, but not everybody wants that, and you shouldn't force that on the consumer. Just how Wii U tried to push their gamepad and failed, you have to give the consumer options. I think Sony understood this the most, and to the victor go the spoils. Besides, Bungie was the main selling point for Xbox Live in the beginning, and now they are open to develop for whoever they want.

6. TheViper

TheViper Recruit

I agree that Sony giving people the option was one of the main selling points. The kinetic seems more like a gimmick then something that will be a main selling point for people. Then you had all the PR issues and concerns about it always being on.

7. zackeymane

zackeymane Recruit

I believe I'll get a PS4 in the future. Sony just seems more trustworthy than MicroSoft.

8. DavePearce

DavePearce Recruit

PS4 for sure! I had an Xbox 360 as well as the PS3 and feel the PS3's features stole THAT battle. Add another 5 years on and the PS4 is far superior, in my view atleast anyway, to the Xbox One. To me Xbox has always seemed a more 'gaming' console, and PS a more feature-rich, multimedia console...don't get me wrong, PSN has grown from strength to strength and the online gaming on Playstation 4 I am looking forward to playing.
    Hopefully Santa is listening :D

9. eagle22

eagle22 Recruit

I just purchased the xbox one and I love it. It really depends on what you are looking for. I feel like the PS4 is better for overall gaming, but I think if you are looking for an "all in one" entertainment system you should go with the xbox one.

10. tony05

tony05 Recruit

I bought a PS4, I had a 360 before, but something didn't sound convincing about the XBOX One, for me Microsoft is up to something, they're now following Sony's pace

11. chasedood

chasedood Recruit

This is a great thread! This is something that I am currently struggling with right as we speak. I really cannot decide which console to buy. I have always been a playstation guy, but the new xbox is freaking sweet too. What are some others input on this, it is tearing me up inside haha. I am honestly thinking about just buying both of them, ugh!

12. Amir King

Amir King Recruit

I have an Xbox but if I had the money I would definitely buy a Playstation 4. I am studying Train2Game course and we learnt that the Playstation has better resolution and graphics. The Xbox is designed more for an all round entertainment system, more like a computer, where you can play DVDs and CDs. I think the X in Xbox is short for DivX.

13. AndreiFL

AndreiFL Recruit

The exclusives are pretty good from both brands, so I'll be talking about performances : PS 4 has 25% better components than the Xbox One, which means that it will have good graphics in the next 10 years.

14. eagle22

eagle22 Recruit

So what's the consensus here? Are most people in this forum leaning towards the PS4? I would be curious to see what % of this forum goes with the Xbox One and what % goes with the PS4.

15. harpazo22

harpazo22 Recruit

I have yet to get a new gen console as well, but I'm leaning toward XBOX One. I have a 360 right now and have had it ever since they first came out. I love it and it's not had any major problems. I have to upgrade though because some newer games are coming out that only play on the newer consoles. But that's why I'm leaning toward One because XBOX has been loyal and is a trustworthy brand. I don't know too much about the PS4, but I trust XBOX because I've had actual experience with it. Not saying the PS4 is bad, who knows I might even end up getting it. But for the time being, I'm leaning for One.