• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Tactical Gaming

PS4 or Xbox One?

TheViper

Recruit
Which console did you get after their respective launches?

I have yet to purchase either console and will wait for at least a few months. Though, my first choice will always be the PlayStation 4. I am interested in knowing what consoles you guys will purchase.

Tactical Gaming

I ordered a PS4 a few days ago and I am waiting for it in the mail currently. I love the touchpad on the remote and PSN. The Xbox One did have a convincing argument but I stuck with Sony and Playstation. Can't wait for it to get here

Fuey500

Recruit
I also haven't purchased any console currently, but I would have to say that from what my friends say the PS4 is the way to go. Personally I've had an Xbox forever so I feel like when I do go to buy one of the consoles I will end up getting a Xbox One.

Thrix

Recruit
PS4. No real reason, they are both great consoles, but it's just like Messi or Ronaldo. You have your favorite and that's it.
Also, my PS4 is on its way, I can't freaking wait!

tarcon

Recruit
I think PS4 is the way to go this generation. Xbox One has some impressive Kinect technology, but not everybody wants that, and you shouldn't force that on the consumer. Just how Wii U tried to push their gamepad and failed, you have to give the consumer options. I think Sony understood this the most, and to the victor go the spoils. Besides, Bungie was the main selling point for Xbox Live in the beginning, and now they are open to develop for whoever they want.

TheViper

Recruit
I think PS4 is the way to go this generation. Xbox One has some impressive Kinect technology, but not everybody wants that, and you shouldn't force that on the consumer. Just how Wii U tried to push their gamepad and failed, you have to give the consumer options. I think Sony understood this the most, and to the victor go the spoils. Besides, Bungie was the main selling point for Xbox Live in the beginning, and now they are open to develop for whoever they want.
I agree that Sony giving people the option was one of the main selling points. The kinetic seems more like a gimmick then something that will be a main selling point for people. Then you had all the PR issues and concerns about it always being on.

DavePearce

Recruit
PS4 for sure! I had an Xbox 360 as well as the PS3 and feel the PS3's features stole THAT battle. Add another 5 years on and the PS4 is far superior, in my view atleast anyway, to the Xbox One. To me Xbox has always seemed a more 'gaming' console, and PS a more feature-rich, multimedia console...don't get me wrong, PSN has grown from strength to strength and the online gaming on Playstation 4 I am looking forward to playing.
Hopefully Santa is listening :D

eagle22

Recruit
I just purchased the xbox one and I love it. It really depends on what you are looking for. I feel like the PS4 is better for overall gaming, but I think if you are looking for an "all in one" entertainment system you should go with the xbox one.

tony05

Recruit
I bought a PS4, I had a 360 before, but something didn't sound convincing about the XBOX One, for me Microsoft is up to something, they're now following Sony's pace

chasedood

Recruit
This is a great thread! This is something that I am currently struggling with right as we speak. I really cannot decide which console to buy. I have always been a playstation guy, but the new xbox is freaking sweet too. What are some others input on this, it is tearing me up inside haha. I am honestly thinking about just buying both of them, ugh!

Amir King

Recruit
I have an Xbox but if I had the money I would definitely buy a Playstation 4. I am studying Train2Game course and we learnt that the Playstation has better resolution and graphics. The Xbox is designed more for an all round entertainment system, more like a computer, where you can play DVDs and CDs. I think the X in Xbox is short for DivX.

AndreiFL

Recruit
The exclusives are pretty good from both brands, so I'll be talking about performances : PS 4 has 25% better components than the Xbox One, which means that it will have good graphics in the next 10 years.

eagle22

Recruit
So what's the consensus here? Are most people in this forum leaning towards the PS4? I would be curious to see what % of this forum goes with the Xbox One and what % goes with the PS4.

harpazo22

Recruit
I have yet to get a new gen console as well, but I'm leaning toward XBOX One. I have a 360 right now and have had it ever since they first came out. I love it and it's not had any major problems. I have to upgrade though because some newer games are coming out that only play on the newer consoles. But that's why I'm leaning toward One because XBOX has been loyal and is a trustworthy brand. I don't know too much about the PS4, but I trust XBOX because I've had actual experience with it. Not saying the PS4 is bad, who knows I might even end up getting it. But for the time being, I'm leaning for One.

Toxic34

Recruit
I have both, mainly because of the fact that I am a Kingdom Hearts fan, and so far, the remastering of the previous titles in preparation for KH3 has only been made available for that console. If they had been made for Xbox One as well, I would have just bought it there and not bothered with getting another console.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
X Multi [PC/XBOX/PS4] [ALL REGIONS] Cortex is Recruiting! Clan Chat 2
I Multi HIVE Recruitment (PS4/XBOX/PC) Clan Recruitment 2
IrishGoodbye Multi Looking for Xbox and PS4 only clan (NoPC) Clan Chat 0
I Multi [RoK] Rise of Kings Recruiting [PS4/ XBOX/ PC] Clan Recruitment 1
Valorous_HeroZ Multi Militia Gaming [PC] [PS4] [XBOX] Clan Recruitment 0
Triton_XDG Multi [PC] [Xbox] [PS4] Xero Degrees Gaming Clan Recruitment 2
VypeRG Chef PSN VypeR Gaming [vG] is Actively Recruiting on both XBOX & PS4 Clan Recruitment 1
VoiDProjects PS4 or Xbox 1 Video Games 1
S Multi Looking For Xbox/PS4 Clan [READ] 250th MLG Rank Clan Recruitment 0
D Multi TEG is looking for new recruits! (XBOX ONE, PS4, PC) Clan Recruitment 0
M Multi The Supremacy Clan 90+members (PS4 and Xbox 1) is now recruiting!!! Clan Recruitment 4
A Call of Duty Black Ops III Mods on PS4 & XBOX ONE? General Call of Duty 1
I Multi Infamous Clan Recruiting Xbox one and PS4 Clan Chat 33
T Multi The Reaper's Army Recruiting For XBOX AND PS4 Clan Recruitment 1
J How to get a free NUK3TOWN Code for PS4 or XBOX General Call of Duty 1
J Get a Free NUK3TOWN Code for PS4 or XBOX ONE General Call of Duty 1
M Call of Duty Advanced Warfare game free giveaway for [pc, ps3, xbox ps4] General Call of Duty 2
eGsistance BO3 runs 1080p/60FPS on PS4, 4k/60FPS on PC, TBA/60FPS on Xbox One General Call of Duty 1
eGsistance Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 only coming to PS4, Xbox One, and PC General Call of Duty 0
WhoIsDo New Advanced Warfare patch hits PC/PS4, Xbox One soon General Call of Duty 4
S Multi so Marvelous' Xbox 360 and PS4 Competitive/Casual Clan Recruiting Clan Recruitment 0
R Multi XBOX ONE, PS4, PC, XBOX 360, PS3 COD Clan JOIN TODAY! Clan Recruitment 0
Knoxtane PS4/Xbox One Video Games 7
K Call Of Duty Black Ops 2 Commentary (Slums 46-5) New Xbox & PS4 Worth buying day one? Call of Duty Media 0
B PS4 & xBox One giveaway (OPEN) Video Games 0
Tthizzle88 PS4 vs. Xbox One Trailers | My Review of Each Console Video Games 0
Khronic Xbox 720 or PS4 Video Games 19
BatachugotChew PSN Looking for PS4 Clan for MW, WW2 Clan Recruitment 2
D LF PS4 clan/players Call of Duty: WarZone 0
ExtraZ PSN Brute Force Clan Looking For Members {PS4} Clan Recruitment 0
BatachugotChew PSN Looking for PS4 clan Clan Recruitment 6
R PSN Cirrus Gaming Group - PS4 Clan is recruiting! Clan Recruitment 0
U PSN LFG/Clan - PS4 - UK/Europe Clan Recruitment 0
C Ps4 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
DOG SOLDIER CLAN Multi DOG SOLDIER CLAN RECRUITING - [PC] [XB1] [PS4] Clan Recruitment 0
I Borderlands 3 & Monster Hunter Iceborne PS4 All Week Video Games 0
I Borderlands 3 & Monster Hunter Iceborne PS4 Video Games 0
ielitegodzxxx PSN LOOKING FOR PLAYERS FOR A WARZONE SQUAD (ps4) Clan Chat 8
B Multi PS4 SND COD4 OG’S LOOKING FOR 1 OR 2 Clan Recruitment 0
C Is PS4 Bundle available on PC ? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
I PSN PS4 Guide/Clan looking For Awesome Players COD MODERN WARFARE & Discord Clan Chat 1
K PSN Looking for a clan PS4 casual Clan Recruitment 3
D Download size on PS4 Call of Duty: WarZone 5
C PS4 "other" Data and Download Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 19
I PSN PS4 Guide/Clan looking For Awesome Players COD MODERN WARFARE & Discord Clan Recruitment 2
R PSN PS4 clan Dishonoured Gaming Clan Recruitment 0
M PSN Looking for casual, mature group to join (PS4) Clan Recruitment 3
J PSN • We are looking for experienced players • active people •We are a ps4 guild • mics are optional • if you are not a skilled player Clan Recruitment 0
T PSN Looking for a squad. PS4 Mic Only Clan Chat 2
H Multi Looking for clan warzone ps4 or muti Clan Recruitment 6