• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Question About Matchmaking

boshedo

Recruit
Hey Guys,
I just recently started playing Modern Warfare again. I'm only rank 11 atm. How does the match making work? I've been stuck in games with rank 60's or so. Do they have matchmaking that matches you up with your same levels? Honestly I feel like a burden joining those games since I'm still fresh. I usually get wrecked pretty hard. I've been enjoying the M4. I've unlocked some attachments for it. I've been watching plenty of youtube videos as well. I play on pc. Most of my team mates are on console so I'm not sure if they have aim assist that helps them out. Thanks for your help.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Just learn the game more and more as you grind the game. In general, 2019's Modern Warfare is different from the other Call of Duty titles. Instead of being locked to just a loadout, you have access to a gunsmith. The gunsmith is like your second loadout. In the past, you were locked to only one or two attachments per loadout. Or when you used up the pick "x" slots. (Referring to the various iterations of Pick 10.) With 2019's Modern Warfare, you get to pick your loadouts, and 4 slots of attachments. Rank up your weapons to be able to deck out your weapons fully. 2019's Modern Warfare pulls ideas from COD4, MW2, MW3, Ghosts, and other games (Including Battlefield).

However, matchmaking is based on your skill. The more "skilled" you are, the more the algorithm places you in the same lobby as the guy with the same behavior as you. The problem is that it's kinda stupid. You see terms such as "Skill Based Matchmaking" and "SBMM," that's what they're referring to. You could reverse boost to game the system, but your account will look weird with all that suicides. Some people like to win games, some people like to rack up their K/D ratio, some people are doing YouTube videos and do this.

Sooo.... yeah.

boshedo

Recruit
Just learn the game more and more as you grind the game. In general, 2019's Modern Warfare is different from the other Call of Duty titles. Instead of being locked to just a loadout, you have access to a gunsmith. The gunsmith is like your second loadout. In the past, you were locked to only one or two attachments per loadout. Or when you used up the pick "x" slots. (Referring to the various iterations of Pick 10.) With 2019's Modern Warfare, you get to pick your loadouts, and 4 slots of attachments. Rank up your weapons to be able to deck out your weapons fully. 2019's Modern Warfare pulls ideas from COD4, MW2, MW3, Ghosts, and other games (Including Battlefield).

However, matchmaking is based on your skill. The more "skilled" you are, the more the algorithm places you in the same lobby as the guy with the same behavior as you. The problem is that it's kinda stupid. You see terms such as "Skill Based Matchmaking" and "SBMM," that's what they're referring to. You could reverse boost to game the system, but your account will look weird with all that suicides. Some people like to win games, some people like to rack up their K/D ratio, some people are doing YouTube videos and do this.

Sooo.... yeah.
I appreciate it man. I don't mind grinding it out. Just going against guys with all their attachments and perks is very difficult. I have more deaths then kills. Its just frustrating. I've never been good at shooters but keep trying. Thanks.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
I appreciate it man. I don't mind grinding it out. Just going against guys with all their attachments and perks is very difficult. I have more deaths then kills. Its just frustrating. I've never been good at shooters but keep trying. Thanks.
Yeah, I faced this for a while. I'm a good player, but I did die a few times here and there. Until I got better, and better with time. Learning the maps helps, too. However, you don't need to know every spot, just learn the familiar locations, and anticipate where they'll be. For example, a lot of people camp in the open container in the middle of Shipment. The first thing I do is GO there, camp... It's my way of saying "Oh, you wanna camp in here? Well, I'm not going to allow you to, crybaby." Put a claymore there, and wait to use my trusty 725. That'll show them. :D

When Shipment launched, people started camping there, and I wanted to be the guy to counter them.

In Piccadilly, the parking lot in the back, where the cars sit is another camping spot.
In Azhir Cave, people camp the hallway, because it's "easy." (Fuck you.)
In Hackney Yard, the second floor of the office is a camping spot. In the Warehouse, there's a van... People camp there.
In Shoot House, near the forklift (Shawty Town which is on the second floor), there's always someone camping there. Always. I try to take that spot to counter those camping babies.

Get the drift? However, I remiss if I don't mention it: There is such thing as "Spawn Trapping." It's the act of knowing where the spawn points are, and going to that spawn, to kill the person spawning in that spawn point...

boshedo

Recruit
Yeah, I faced this for a while. I'm a good player, but I did die a few times here and there. Until I got better, and better with time. Learning the maps helps, too. However, you don't need to know every spot, just learn the familiar locations, and anticipate where they'll be. For example, a lot of people camp in the open container in the middle of Shipment. The first thing I do is GO there, camp... It's my way of saying "Oh, you wanna camp in here? Well, I'm not going to allow you to, crybaby." Put a claymore there, and wait to use my trusty 725. That'll show them. :D

When Shipment launched, people started camping there, and I wanted to be the guy to counter them.

In Piccadilly, the parking lot in the back, where the cars sit is another camping spot.
In Azhir Cave, people camp the hallway, because it's "easy." (Fuck you.)
In Hackney Yard, the second floor of the office is a camping spot. In the Warehouse, there's a van... People camp there.
In Shoot House, near the forklift (Shawty Town which is on the second floor), there's always someone camping there. Always. I try to take that spot to counter those camping babies.

Get the drift? However, I remiss if I don't mention it: There is such thing as "Spawn Trapping." It's the act of knowing where the spawn points are, and going to that spawn, to kill the person spawning in that spawn point...
I agree with you. I mute the mics so that way I don't hear any flak from the other players lol. One advantage I do have is I have a kick butt gaming pc so my graphics look top notch. I'll keep working on it. I've been leveling up my M4. I love that gun. I've done a lot of research on the different weapons.

init6

Recruit
I agree with you. I mute the mics so that way I don't hear any flak from the other players lol. One advantage I do have is I have a kick butt gaming pc so my graphics look top notch. I'll keep working on it. I've been leveling up my M4. I love that gun. I've done a lot of research on the different weapons.
M4 and MP5 seem to be the go to weapons for the "elite". Easiest in the game. I personally DGAF about being considered elite. My stats show it. I like playing with all the weapons to get a good feel for them. You may find one you like better.

For instance, the M4 was the first i took to gold. I loved that gun. It's still my number one in my stats. However, I havemt used it since I decided to get it gold camo. The RAM is my goto right now. I'm loving that gun. The FAL is a P.O.S. screw that gun. Lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Maybe try out the 2v2 mode. When I first started playing I played that mode. You might like it since everyone is forced to use the same guns and attachments.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
M4 and MP5 seem to be the go to weapons for the "elite". Easiest in the game. I personally DGAF about being considered elite. My stats show it. I like playing with all the weapons to get a good feel for them. You may find one you like better.

For instance, the M4 was the first i took to gold. I loved that gun. It's still my number one in my stats. However, I havemt used it since I decided to get it gold camo. The RAM is my goto right now. I'm loving that gun. The FAL is a P.O.S. screw that gun. Lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I use MP5 because I'm familiar with it. I use M4 sometimes, but it's not really an "elite" weapon. It's not even remotely powerful. You'd have to customize the weapon to make it more powerful. That's what Infinity Ward is trying to encourage you to do: Use. Gunsmith.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements