• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Angels of Death

Question.

DarkZombie

Recruit
I was thinking about getting this on pc. The problem is will this be dead when the new cod comes out? Personally I don't like black ops.

Angels of Death

Automag

Recruit
I seriously doubt it will die off anytime soon. CoD WWII is still going strong with plenty of players.

Personally, I have doubts about the appeal a cold war era title will have with current generation gamers. But, time will tell.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
I agree with @Automag, Modern Warfare (2019) won't die off anytime soon.

The next title has already been leaked. There's many codenames for it, all points towards a spin-off/prequel/reboot of Call of Duty: Black Ops. The main codename is Red Door, but it goes by simply "Call of Duty: Black Ops." And there's a leaked image of it. (And no, I don't want anyone to post the image.) The other codename has the Black Ops branding, but with "Cold War" next to it.

I'm one of those who aren't fans of the whole WW2/Cold War settings. I mean the theatre. I liked Call of Duty: WWII's control scheme, gameplay (balancing, etc.) but everything else? The whole WW2 setting threw me off. I liked the attention to detail in WWII, though. :)

CrackPOT

Recruit
I Run PC only and it works great! I would never buy a console machine. As far as another COD game I'll never buy COD Game. Why? Main reason it's that lame ass lobby system. What joke roflmfao. There are no servers you can join. There is no Map filter and no map voting. You sit on you ass to waiting to play a game only find out the map that comes up is one you don't like. That is just a few reasons of many I won't buy another COD game. I'm just biding my time till BF6 or Halo Infinite comes out. Good Luck ;)

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
I Run PC only and it works great! I would never buy a console machine. As far as another COD game I'll never buy COD Game. Why? Main reason it's that lame ass lobby system. What joke roflmfao. There are no servers you can join. There is no Map filter and no map voting. You sit on you ass to waiting to play a game only find out the map that comes up is one you don't like. That is just a few reasons of many I won't buy another COD game. I'm just biding my time till BF6 or Halo Infinite comes out. Good Luck ;)
By then, COD games will have the same "benefits" as BF6 or Halo Infinite. *rolleyes*

Both PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X are said to have better, faster hard drives. Loading times will be a thing of the past. Waiting in the lobby will be much faster since most of the lobby is loading your games behind the scenes.

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
I agree with @Automag, Modern Warfare (2019) won't die off anytime soon.

The next title has already been leaked. There's many codenames for it, all points towards a spin-off/prequel/reboot of Call of Duty: Black Ops. The main codename is Red Door, but it goes by simply "Call of Duty: Black Ops." And there's a leaked image of it. (And no, I don't want anyone to post the image.) The other codename has the Black Ops branding, but with "Cold War" next to it.

I'm one of those who aren't fans of the whole WW2/Cold War settings. I mean the theatre. I liked Call of Duty: WWII's control scheme, gameplay (balancing, etc.) but everything else? The whole WW2 setting threw me off. I liked the attention to detail in WWII, though. :)
WAW is still one of my favorite online games ever - loved that SVT-40 with an ACOG <3. Got accused of cheating so often with that thing. I liked that game so much I played it for 2 years and never even moved on to MW2, especially since I heard such bad things about that game when it came out. I liked the original Black Ops as well, but MW3 and BO2 started to get a little meh for me, and by the time Ghosts came out I was done with this series. I played Ghosts for literally like a week and was done with it. I skipped Advanced Warfare, BO3, Infinite Warfare, WW2, and BO4 so I really didn't play a CoD game for 6 years. I only got the new Modern Warfare because of the BR mode and crossplay, so I could play with my brother who still games on Xbox will I moved to PC a decade ago.

I prefer more realistic FPS games like CS Go and Pubg - I wish CoD would tone down the Fortnite-style they have going on with all this sliding and jump-shotting. The game is too fast-paced (feels like the game-speed is cranked up 50% from Pubg) and all the guns are too easy to use. Would love to see a huge recoil nerf to basically all the ARs/SMGs/LMGs, so that guns have to be semi-auto'd at mid-range like they should be, and then lower the hits-to-kill to balance TTKs back out. Oh well, JMO anyways.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Question: Flying helicopter with mouse and keyboard Call of Duty: WarZone 0
C Question Completed Suggestions 3
V CDL Question Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
DizzyDemon A Question about Season 4 and Battle Pass Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
C Stupid Question over Soap's Journal General Call of Duty 4
S Battle Pass question Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 5
B Mouse Sensitivity question Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
C CWL Packs Question Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
S somewhat of a stupid question(pc version) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 8
S New Maps question Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
S PC Version ARMORY Question Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 5
S underbarrell weapen keybind question Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 11
T Another Great Question Of The Universe... Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
4 Newbie question Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
T Legendary weapons vs regular ones question Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
S Battle Pass question Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
H Fov question, 95 vs 100 vs 103 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
H Fov question, please help Call of Duty: WarZone 0
S Gun Question Call of Duty: WarZone 7
R Leaderboard question Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
B Question About Matchmaking Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 7
T Question For The PC Crowd-AutoStart Windows XBOX Game Record Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
M Xbox one install question Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
murkzombieface Newbie with a question about the zombie maps General Call of Duty 0
C Xbox Live Question General Call of Duty 1
T Aim Assist Question like BF1? General Call of Duty 3
Y Controller question General Call of Duty 0
J Question about mice General Call of Duty 3
O Permanently unlock question General Call of Duty 1
xBassDropYETIx Quick Question General Call of Duty 8
F The Only Question That Matters.... General Call of Duty 3
W Question re. Quick draw General Call of Duty 4
I mission-question General Call of Duty 0
S Peacekeeper Question General Call of Duty 1
S Call of Duty Elite and Season Pass Question General Call of Duty 1
O Hello,, Aim targeter question General Call of Duty 1