• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Reduce Armor - To 25 HP each.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkSmask

Recruit
I know the armor mechanic is new for COD. So please admit that 150 extra HPs is too much. And lower it.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
The armor plates aren't new to Call of Duty. It's basically the new flak jacket. And, no, the 150 HP isn't too much. The plates themselves are 20% "more health" each time, not 150 HP. It's kinda like Doom, where you collect pieces of armor to fill up your armor to 200HP. So, in Doom games, you actually have 300HP, because the Armor isn't actually HP, it's just a protective gear that delays your death a little bit. (Both original and the new trilogy.)

300HP is assuming you filled up your HP to 200, and armor filled up to 200HP. But the armor isn't really that effective in Doom because of the meta. You are fighting against bigger enemies with at least 60HP for each shot. The cyberdemon for example kills you in one shot without the berserk health drop.

Last edited:

HawkSmask

Recruit
Stupidity should never be rewarded. If someone ignorantly walks by an enemy, gets shot 8 times in the back, that should be it. But its not, it takes 5-10 more hits? Way too much sponge.

Stupidity should never be rewarded. If someone ignorantly walks by an enemy, gets shot 8 times in the back, that should be it. But its not, it takes 5-10 more hits? Way too much sponge.
LOL you think 3 plates is a sponge? Go play apex lol. One of the reasons i came to COD is for better ttk/ttd game play solos etc. did play Apex

Stupidity should never be rewarded. If someone ignorantly walks by an enemy, gets shot 8 times in the back, that should be it. But its not, it takes 5-10 more hits?
What the hell gun are you using? An uzi at 100m?
The ttk does not need to be lowered in this game. No way!

CMCFLYYY

Recruit

It takes 14 hits from an M4 over 50m to kill someone who's fully plated up. That is an absurd number.

LOL you think 3 plates is a sponge? Go play apex lol. One of the reasons i came to COD is for better ttk/ttd game play solos etc. did play Apex

Uh, I've played Apex as well as Pubg and CS Go. Warzone is definitely on the bullet spongey side with Apex.

The armor plates aren't new to Call of Duty. It's basically the new flak jacket. And, no, the 150 HP isn't too much. The plates themselves are 20% "more health" each time, not 150 HP.

I personally think 100 armor would be a better number - cap it at 2 plates. The 1 hit kill snipers would all be 2 hit kills to the chest, and it would take a couple bullets off all the AR/SMG/LMG TTKs. Which is necessary - it shouldn't be taking 12 bullets to kill someone at short range with an AR like the M4.

I also think they need to add some helmets, because I'd love to know how chest plates protect your face. Add an L1 and L2 helmet that add 50/100 armor to your head to match the 1-2 plates.

HawkSmask

Recruit
My numbers are accurate. Watch the recent JackFrags video about whether FMJ adds extra damage or not. He is freely shooting his friend to test the damage difference. So you get to see exactly how many hits it takes to kill someone, repeatedly. It proves exactly what I said. And watching it was a huge turn off to the game.. usually JackFrags videos get me into a game.. that video just reminded me why I still didn't want to play it.
View: https://youtu.be/u4y7J4p7tmw

@HawkSmask that's decent and informative video, I'd always suspected fmj rounds were a little niche bit expected them to have more uses than that.
Looks like you've got a point, but I'd still say that the hp and armour is alright where it's at. If an assault rifle spray put down enemies too easier at the 100m+ distance marksman and sniper rifles would be practically pointless.
Good share though

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
@HawkSmask that's decent and informative video, I'd always suspected fmj rounds were a little niche bit expected them to have more uses than that.
Looks like you've got a point, but I'd still say that the hp and armour is alright where it's at. If an assault rifle spray put down enemies too easier at the 100m+ distance marksman and sniper rifles would be practically pointless.
Good share though

Most games handle this by giving ARs more recoil, so you can't "spray down enemies at 100m". In order to use an AR at that distance you have to 1-tap it like a DMR, and the lower damage output means you're going to lose 1v1s against DMRs or snipers at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.