• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Remote Download Of Update

Woke up this morning to note that Blizzard/IW/Activision/Whoever has put in an 18GB Update for warzone.. I am out in the boonies and my 'Net connection is abysmally slow.. Further, my wife is working at home and hogs all the bandwidth during the day..

Is it possible to download the update from a different system and put it on a thumbdrive and then bring the thumbdrive home and update Warzone that way??

Any help would be most appreciated...

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
I think you can't even do this in large-scale productivity software as network managers would update all computers remotely.

It might be possible for Enterprise level Windows updates but I doubt that games developers would put that level of thought into their work.

Yea, I figured it was a long shot.. Oh well, I'll start the update when I go to bed tonight and hopefully it will be done by the weekend...

"but I doubt that games developers would put that level of thought into their work."

"There is 'mimicry' and there is 'mockery' and THAT was definitely mockery"

-Dr Leonard McCoy, STAR TREK, Yesterday's Son

:D

Since I have you here, a question.. Do you use the CoD Warzone Companion from OverWolf???

Heh.. Naw, it's a stats tracker that identifies cheaters.. I just had another run in with a cheater (I am totally ghosted and he had no way to know I was there, yet he tracked my exact position in his sights as he came around a corner..) Totally annoying..

Anywho, I am going to do a separate post about the Companion App and see if I can get some assistance...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
WhoIsDo Remote turret scorestreak module gameplay General Call of Duty 4
B Error in a Loading Screen (Download Game) Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 0
B How to download Modern Warfare without warzone on pc? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
M Cant download beta Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 3
Wiseowl Download Black Ops Cold War now! Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 8
T Season 4 Download... Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
M Pause and restart download NEW Game Purchase Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 8
K Download loadable content not showing. Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 0
D Download size on PS4 Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 5
C PS4 "other" Data and Download Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 19
B Help please with download Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 1
C Download not working Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
P Download help. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
R Where to download CODAW? General Call of Duty 1
WhoIsDo PSN download of Advanced Warfare to be 42GB General Call of Duty 0
Carlos How to Download Premium Content on Call of Duty Elite for MW3 DLC General Call of Duty 0
C Download MW3 General Call of Duty 1
G Do u have to download the nazi zombies? General Call of Duty 6
K FPS DROP AFTER LAST UPDATE Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 0
D Weird update. Not enough space to play. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 1
karatekid Latest update has messed my gaming Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 0
H Controller doesn't work after update Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 0
Icyheart still missing pumpkin punisher even after update. Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 3
C Another PC update! Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
D This game is a complete mess after the update. Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 5
C Another Update For PC? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
H FPS Drop since the most recent update Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 15
H Update Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
freakdaddy64 cod modern warfare update problem Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
C Perpetual update and wrong size Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
B Cannot play Campaign mode since update. Keep getting a missing dlc pack error Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 5
S Post Season 4 Update Lag Issues Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
freakdaddy64 todays codmw update wtf Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 6
C Another Update??? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4
SamimSupreme Warzone: Grau 5.56 VS New Holger 26 (Update 1.21) Call of Duty Media 0
KeyboardDemon New update, here's the proof Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
SamimSupreme Patch 1.21 update video Call of Duty Media 0
C War zone update Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 2
W No play since update Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
D Last Update crash my game Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
S Can’t connect to the match in warzone after 1.20 update Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 1
D update cheating update what's the story morning glory Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 1
W MW3 Flotation gone? (Season 3 update) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
F Season 3 update BR and Loot Table Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 0
T Huge update - PC Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 0
R 171gb UPDATE?? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
L Movement glitches in game after last update (W stops working etc) Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 0
M Weird "connection" issue after the new update Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 0
B Extremely poor graphics after the last update Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 4
H call of duty warzone update 1.18 is BS Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 1