• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

RTX 3080 vs RTX 2080ti RAM

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
I see RTX3080 has 8GB RAM, but the RTX2080ti has 11GB RAM...

I am assuming the 3080 is the better card, even with less RAM???

freakdaddy64

Recruit
idk but i do know my rtx 2080ti xc ultra rocks the heck with the 3080 hehe

Assuming same setup across the board and same in game settings I would expect there to be no difference in visual quality between the RTX 2080 Ti and the RTX 3080, but in terms of performance I would expect the RTX 3080 would produce somewhere between 20% to 25% higher frame rates than the RTX 2080 Ti with both cards running games at the highest/ultra settings and Ray Tracing On.

As I must leave for work in a few minutes I don't have time to hunt down some videos to show some comparisons, but YouTube is easy enough and I think you can both manage that, maybe you could post what you find in this thread and I'll have a look later. Look for comparisons with and without RTX on.

The RTX 2080 Ti is still a monster of a card, if I had that, I would not upgrade to an RTX 3080, but if I was on a GTX 970 and I could skip to an RTX 3080 then I would say that's a better option.

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
Here's a video comparison of the RTX 2080 Ti vs an RTX 3080.

And just for giggles the RTX 2070 Super vs an RTX 3080, because that's the card I'm rocking (RTX 2070 Super I mean, not the RTX 3080!).

KeyboardDemon

I'm starting to wonder if it would be worth my while to upgrade my 2070 Super with a 3080 while the used value of my 2070S is high enough to help cover most of the upgrade costs.

What do you all think?

freakdaddy64

Recruit
go for it if you can find one without paying out the butt and i like video but my card is the xc ultra and it only cost me $699 from evga bstock and i only have 30 days left on the 1 year warranty. and so far it has been awsome in performance and temps and since i dont overclock i expext it will be fine for years to come i hope and im still on evga for notify when my number comes up. i have 5 cards on notify 3070 ti xc ultra a 3060 ti a 3060 12gb gddr and i for get the other two, looking to get a back up just in case. and im considering the amd 6800 xt.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
I'm starting to wonder if it would be worth my while to upgrade my 2070 Super with a 3080 while the used value of my 2070S is high enough to help cover most of the upgrade costs.

What do you all think?

The 2070 Super is going on EBAY in the $700 (US) range.. Might take 50% off what the RTX 3080s are going for..

freakdaddy64

Recruit
looks like the fps has nice gain with 3080 what is the performance percentage you get out of the 2070s while gaming. when i upgraded to 5600x my gpu gained 10 to 15 percent more performance which added to fps going up.

i have also noticed in alot and i mean alot of videoa i have watched when it comes to comparisons it all depends on the game you are playing. some games one gpu does better then other and vice versa and then in some games they are equal so if your 2070s is averaging 60 to 70 percentile while gaming you could always drop a 5800x or 5950x in and get in the 90 percentile performance out of gpu. i went with the 5600x for $299 and i saw excellent performance gain. and im considering the 5950x now hehe.

KeyboardDemon

@freakdaddy64 the 3070 ti xc ultra would beat a 2080Ti easily, I don't think the 3060 ti would compare too well and you would see a drop in performance with a 3060 12gb gddr. But if those cards are for the PC you are building for your nephew they would be ok, depending on your budget.

The 2070 Super is going on EBAY in the $700 (US) range.. Might take 50% off what the RTX 3080s are going for..
They are selling here on eBay for £500 to £700, if I can get a 3080 at less than a £1000 and sell my 2070S for £650 then I would make a profit of £200 on my old card which would help, making my updrage very affordable.

I might find it a bit challenging to buy the 3080 before I sell the 2070S though, not to mention how challenging it is to find a 3080 at the price I'm willing to pay, and if I do I'll probably end up with a PNY or something similar.

i have also noticed in alot and i mean alot of videoa i have watched when it comes to comparisons it all depends on the game you are playing. some games one gpu does better then other and vice versa and then in some games they are equal so if your 2070s is averaging 60 to 70 percentile while gaming you could always drop a 5800x or 5950x in and get in the 90 percentile performance out of gpu. i went with the 5600x for $299 and i saw excellent performance gain. and im considering the 5950x now hehe.
I would prefer to upgrade my mobo to a B550 or silent X570 before I add a 5800X, but maybe a 5600X makes sense in my current mobo.

freakdaddy64

Recruit
i know you like amd gpus and i may have ask this before, is there any special reason your looking at 3080 instead of a 6800 xt or 6900 xt.

KeyboardDemon

If things pan out the way I hope they will, I might have access to an RTX 3080 but my source can only get a limited number of 3080s, I'll know by Friday.

freakdaddy64

Recruit
Well good luck I hope it works out for you I got an email from EVGA their q system has been cut off until all orders are fulfilled and I can only have two cards chosen so I had to delete three so I kept Auto notify for the 3070 t i XC ultra and the 3070 TI XC gaming