• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Angels of Death

Rules for streamers and twitch account advertising

DizzyDemon

Recruit
Does this subforum have any rules about promoting twitch/YouTube channels?

It frustrates me to see requests to join and follow people that have made no contribution to this community but think they have a right to ask for something for us.

When I see a post that says:

I have a new twitch/YouTube channel please follow/subscribe/like etc...
The first thing I do is look at what contribution the person posting has made to the community, I really hate it when they have only posted 1 thing and then reposted it as a reply in the same thread just minutes later.

I think this subforum should be locked for posts until the person posting has shown that they are worthy of getting something back from the community, there should be a minimum post limit at the very least IMHO.

It's just an opinion, rant over, I can calm down a bit now.

Thanks for reading.

Angels of Death

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Does this subforum have any rules about promoting twitch/YouTube channels?
No. But I do have specific protocols about spamming. Its right there on the notice when you log in. I plainly said the following:
Welcome to CODForums, recruits! In order to get started, please read our Forum Rules. If you want to post a montage, or video, please use our Media Forum, do not spam across multiple forums. Finally, if you are a clan leader or recruiter, PLEASE use the Recruitment Forum! Otherwise, have fun posting!
I'll get to this later.
It frustrates me to see requests to join and follow people that have made no contribution to this community but think they have a right to ask for something for us.

When I see a post that says:
It's a media forum. Where people go to post videos to attract people to their videos. It's how future "Nadeshot" are discovered. If you don't know who Nadeshot is, he's a eSports organization owner, who previously was a Call of Duty World Champion under Optic Gaming.

It was in Media, that I discovered this gem:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nXsbNXINuY
The first thing I do is look at what contribution the person posting has made to the community, I really hate it when they have only posted 1 thing and then reposted it as a reply in the same thread just minutes later.
I caught that. I moved both to Media, and merged them. He's not supposed to post across multiple forums. It was in Modern Warfare, and Warzone. I specifically said not to do it. Next time he comes back, and spams again, I'm banning the account. This is not the first time I encountered a similar situation. I told a dude with a "Unknown" username to quit posting in the wrong forum, over and over until I pulled the last straw.
I think this subforum should be locked for posts until the person posting has shown that they are worthy of getting something back from the community, there should be a minimum post limit at the very least IMHO.

It's just an opinion, rant over, I can calm down a bit now.

Thanks for reading.
Please do. :D

DizzyDemon

Recruit
That was a very funny video, thanks for sharing.

I get what you're saying, I still think that if someone posted something that was so intriguing, that really caught my attention and made me feel a sense of urgency to see their channel then I would, of course, click to see it immediately just as you did with the video above, after telling me how glad you were to discover it, I clicked too.

When I see a post that says someone has a channel please visit and follow, then I think "nothing to see here, move along" and I'm gone.

The least they could do is give me a reason to click like, "Most aggressive Warzone Medic there is" which instantly got me curious or I am ranked at number xxxx out of 70-million player, come and see some great videos with tips to help you improve then I'd think there's someone that has something worth listening too, but heck, it better be true.

I guess what I really want is something to engage me with their channel or content, first impressions count for a lot, and we only get 1 chance to make 1.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
That was a very funny video, thanks for sharing.

I get what you're saying, I still think that if someone posted something that was so intriguing, that really caught my attention and made me feel a sense of urgency to see their channel then I would, of course, click to see it immediately just as you did with the video above, after telling me how glad you were to discover it, I clicked too.

When I see a post that says someone has a channel please visit and follow, then I think "nothing to see here, move along" and I'm gone.

The least they could do is give me a reason to click like, "Most aggressive Warzone Medic there is" which instantly got me curious or I am ranked at number xxxx out of 70-million player, come and see some great videos with tips to help you improve then I'd think there's someone that has something worth listening too, but heck, it better be true.

I guess what I really want is something to engage me with their channel or content, first impressions count for a lot, and we only get 1 chance to make 1.
I know. I liked that unknown dude for that reason. But most people are just too lazy to sit down with a forum and/or post. That is an unfortunate situation of the forum world we are in now. I love forums. I always have, but people like reddit, Twitter, Facebook, etc. as their primary source of communication even though they're not substantive.

I would love to discover more rising stars, but most people with videos just want to register, post, and leave. They don't realize that sites like this rank really high, and have visibility.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Custom game rules are bugged on xbox one. General Call of Duty 1
Carlos Black Ops 4 News Rules Completed Suggestions 0
Carlos My official stance on the new GDPR rules CoDForums Announcements 2
M Forum Rules & Guidelines CoDForums Announcements 0
VoiDProjects Multi COD CWL Esport Rules WW2 General Call of Duty 0
M Forum Rules & Guidelines CoDForums Announcements 0
Carlos Black Ops 3 Tools Forum Rules Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Tools 0
Carlos Black Ops 3 News Rules CoDForums Announcements 0
Carlos Clan Rules Clan Recruitment 6
vox Teamtage 5vs5 Esl rules promod Edit by Vox Call of Duty Media 0
TRCornishboy New rules for multiplayer General Call of Duty 6
Carlos Rules of the Black Ops 2 videos/movies posted in this forum. Completed Suggestions 0
Carlos Rules of Upcoming Call of Duty Upcoming Call of Duty 0
Carlos MW3Boards rules CoDForums Announcements 0
CODForums Rules of the MW3 videos/movies posted in this forum. Completed Suggestions 0
Carlos Rules of the Black Ops videos/movies posted in this forum. Completed Suggestions 0
Carlos The rules of Content Bunker. Content Bunker 0
Carlos Rules of the MW2 videos/movies posted in this forum. Completed Suggestions 1
Carlos Rules of the WAW videos/movies posted in this forum. Completed Suggestions 0
Carlos Rules of the COD4 videos/movies posted in this forum. Completed Suggestions 0
CODForums CoDForums Rules & Policy CoDForums Announcements 58
RXNIN New streamers on the block! Call of Duty Media 0
B Warzone Streamers trying to grow our channel. Twitch.tv/BruscaTv Call of Duty Media 3
R Why does vehicle sound different in my game than on others? For ex twitch streamers, youtubers etc Call of Duty: WarZone 0
Pyke BO3 Group for Streamers (Xbox One) Call of Duty Media 0
EBuko11 Twitch Streamers? Call of Duty Media 2
pumpknot Join my community on twitch..! Call of Duty Media 0
TVSSIE 7 KILLSTREAK ON SHOOTHOUSE HARDPOINT - TWITCH HIGHTLIGHT Call of Duty Media 1
J https://www.twitch.tv/jbambo1 Call of Duty Media 0
TVSSIE Starting to stream on Twitch! Call of Duty Media 0
kMOB Twitch Errors Completed Suggestions 3
J Streaming on Twitch! Call of Duty Media 0
M nouveau streamer sur twitch Call of Duty Media 1
C GO WATCH MY STREAM ON TWITCH Call of Duty Media 0
B stream is live!! come check us out. we are twin brothers who rage at each other Twitch.tv/BruscaTv Call of Duty Media 0
T nouveau streamer sur twitch Call of Duty Media 0
B Twitch accounts and follows Call of Duty Media 5
V Does anyone watch twitch? Call of Duty Media 0
B Je me lance sur twitch Call of Duty Media 0
M Conseil pour live Twitch Call of Duty Media 0
L Un-able to Redeem Twitch Rewards? Call of Duty: WarZone 5
M Twitch Girl eats boogers while I run n gun (the musical) Call of Duty Media 0
L Twitch LG_Rocke Call of Duty Media 0
T Follow Me on Twitch! Call of Duty Media 0
Giiggles.cx New Twitch Streamer Call of Duty Media 0
G TWITCH Call of Duty Media 0
S Just started a twitch livestream account! GIVEAWAY Call of Duty Media 0