• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: WWII, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Rumor: Call of Duty 2018 is Black Ops 4

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Jul 11, 2009
California
PSN
CarlosX360
Over the weekend, someone with a track record of leaking new information about Nintendo games has come forward with a new leak:

View: https://twitter.com/Marcus_Sellars/status/959943212378009601

It reads "COD 2018 is Black Ops 4 and is coming to PS4/Xbox/PC/Switch. It is set in the modern times and is boots on the ground. The Switch version will support DLC, HD Rumble and motion controls. The Switch version is also being ported by a company which is familar with COD games." Take this rumor with salt. It's usually between late March, early Apri, late April, and early May that we get first quips of a new Call of Duty title, and/or first real leaks and confirmations. The reveal is likely at the end of April/early May.

Jun 22, 2016
I don't know what to say about this. There's still a good chance it could easily not be true, but if it is, then I'm thoroughly disappointed. It would be a sign that Treyarch is scraping the bottom of the barrel, and that they clearly are trying to pander to the "anti-future" crowd. Should this come to pass, I could easily lose faith in the series. Up to now, the common lazy myths and memes about COD just didn't really hold up to scrutiny, but now it would be a sign that they are hellbent on making the stereotype reality.

Ik0n

Staff member
Aug 18, 2010
I like the future stuff and I like boots on the ground, it's all about how it's implemented. I like games that lean more towards gun skill over reward factor though. So I'm not a huge fan of a game that has a TON of killstreaks but honestly, the Call of Duty games I've been enjoying since the original IW left has been Treyarch games so I'm sure it will be good.

Like CODForums!

Pays for Server Costs