1. Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

script runtime error in Windows 10

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: World At War' started by Av8ter, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Av8ter

Av8ter Recruit

Greetings, I have a legal copy of CODWAW with key that runs fine on Windows 10. At least until it gets to the " regroup with your squad " at the artillery piece in the cave overlooking the ships at sea on Peleliu. It stops there and won't let me proceed. I thought maybe this problem could be resolved by updating all patches, 1.2 through 1.7, which I did. This, however, caused a different problem with the following error message:

script runtime error
    (see console for details)
    ClientSysSetState-state index (5) unregistered. Use
    ClientSysRegister first

when I picked up where I had left off in the game at the beginning of the Russian section, it froze and gave the above message a few seconds into the narrative of the three German soldiers. I then went back to the very beginning and was able to restart the game and have not gotten any errors so far in the first section. After updating all of the patches I realized that my DVD version is 1.4. By starting with 1.2 and proceeding to through 1.7, could that have screwed something up? All of this is in the Solo mode without the Punkbuster thing installed. I'm on a satellite internet system and don't play the multiplayer on line version. I would appreciate any help anyone can give. Thanks.
    Av8ter