• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Shooting Parachuting Players. Morally Acceptable??

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
Is it just me or does anyone else have a moral objection to shooting players as they parachute in?? Yea, I know, I know.. It's just a game... But there are also "games" out there that allow you to simulate killing cops.. There are "games" out there that allow you to simulate raping girls... "It's just a game" rings kinda hollow to me...

It just makes me feel icky... Even more so when *I* am the one being shot while parachuting in.. :D

On the other hand... Since you CAN shoot as you free fall, that makes you a combatant, so all bets are off...

Just curious how anyone else feels about this?

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
On the other hand....

I enjoy a good game of DefCon and it's bigger brother, ICBM.....

ICBM.jpg

.... where the goal is to kill as many 10s of millions of (in this case) Russians as you can...

So, who am I to judge, eh? :D

Mayhem1455

Recruit
Is it just me or does anyone else have a moral objection to shooting players as they parachute in?? Yea, I know, I know.. It's just a game... But there are also "games" out there that allow you to simulate killing cops.. There are "games" out there that allow you to simulate raping girls... "It's just a game" rings kinda hollow to me...

It just makes me feel icky... Even more so when *I* am the one being shot while parachuting in.. :D

On the other hand... Since you CAN shoot as you free fall, that makes you a combatant, so all bets are off...

be like me hang out in the air and wait for someone to take a shot immediately drop the chute turn on them and open fire more often then not they will turn away and flee then I follow em to the ground and pistol wip them I also watch for people to shot at others and do the same so if your one of those ppl that does this air crap just know u might meet me in the air and I'm pretty good and hitting my head shots mid air and a good way to get good in the air is to find a target on the ground about person sized like a pipe or something on a roof top then every time u drop practice killing the pipe until your good enoff shooting in free fall to take on the a holes who want to kill people before they even hit the ground

I would say no. If you need to shoot someone when there parachuting that means your not good at the game cause you can't have a real shootout out with someone actually shooting back.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
I have matured a lot since I left that ridiculous post.. :D

I now look at it as people who shoot others while parachuting are like spawn campers.. As you say, they want to get kills by going after people who don't really have a chance to fight back....

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
It does raise an interesting point though, victims of spawn campers in MP don't have any means of escape, but little parachuting in can cut their ropes and fight or sky-dive to escape. Engage or evade are both good options and can form the basis of your overall strategy.