• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Shots Not Killing - Why ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that during the warm up, my shots (no matter how close) had no effect. Although I could get killed. Not all the time, I saw some guys shoot me and nothing happened.
Now get this, I was playing solo and had snuck up on a guy from behind. Shot him in the head almost point blank and nothing happened. He runs away, while I'm shooting him, then turns around and kills me with one shot. WTF is going on? Has anyone else experienced this?

I wanted to edit this in. I just came back from another game, picked up a heartbeat sensor and it disappeared. The moment I took possession, it wasn't available for use. Someone approached me, I knew they were coming and I fired first and nothing happened. The kill cam just showed me sitting there not doing anything.

So, I can't edit the post? I just wanted to ask is it possible that I've been flagged or banned? It's not like I have a outstanding record of hits. When everything was fine and dandy, I was getting my ass whipped, but hey, I was having fun. Has anyone else been experiencing this?

I would have edited all the previous replies into one post. I forgot to mention the last time I was at warm up, again I was shooting (and hitting) someone without results. Then this character walks up behind me and shoots me with a hand gun. That wasn't a player, it was an automated character. It looks like I've been flagged. I don't hack and can't believe someone reported me because I'm not that good a shot.
Can someone shed some light on this delimma?

Last edited by a moderator:

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
Warmup has absolutely been effed up with the recent patch. It's amazing how anytime they release a big patch they break something completely unrelated. Last time it was the voice chat now it's warmup hit detection/damage. I'd make fun of their change control and testing procedures but I doubt they have any.

They need to overhaul the warmup anyway. First off the point of warmup is to warmup with the guns, not parachuting. So why am I spending half of the warmup practicing my parachuting every time I die. Just skip parachuting altogether and respawn everyone on the ground instantaneously. All shotguns need to be removed from warmup - seriously so much fun dropping into a huge open space and having a weapon with 10m max range. Also quit with the random weapons - I get you have to make do with what you find weapon wise in the real game, but this isn't the real game yet it's warmup. And it's not helping anybody warmup when you have a shotgun and they have an M4. Put everyone on level playing field with the same weapon and go at it for 60 seconds and respawn people on the ground when they die.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
I noticed that during the warm up, my shots (no matter how close) had no effect. Although I could get killed. Not all the time, I saw some guys shoot me and nothing happened.
Now get this, I was playing solo and had snuck up on a guy from behind. Shot him in the head almost point blank and nothing happened. He runs away, while I'm shooting him, then turns around and kills me with one shot. WTF is going on? Has anyone else experienced this?
Hit detection has been getting worse since launch. It's not just now. It's been getting progressively worse across all modes, including Warzone.
I wanted to edit this in. I just came back from another game, picked up a heartbeat sensor and it disappeared. The moment I took possession, it wasn't available for use. Someone approached me, I knew they were coming and I fired first and nothing happened. The kill cam just showed me sitting there not doing anything.
That's the other glitch - you were doing something, but warmup displays your kills like a glitched out killcam. My brother was playing Warzone, and when he killed opponents, his screen becomes a killcam screen.. like, WTF?
So, I can't edit the post? I just wanted to ask is it possible that I've been flagged or banned?
No. The edit button is not usable by anyone but mods/admins because a user abused the edit button. I've merged your posts, though. :)
It's not like I have a outstanding record of hits. When everything was fine and dandy, I was getting my ass whipped, but hey, I was having fun. Has anyone else been experiencing this?

I would have edited all the previous replies into one post. I forgot to mention the last time I was at warm up, again I was shooting (and hitting) someone without results. Then this character walks up behind me and shoots me with a hand gun. That wasn't a player, it was an automated character. It looks like I've been flagged. I don't hack and can't believe someone reported me because I'm not that good a shot.
Can someone shed some light on this delimma?
Nope.

Wiseowl

Recruit
Hit detection has been getting worse since launch. It's not just now. It's been getting progressively worse across all modes, including Warzone.

That's the other glitch - you were doing something, but warmup displays your kills like a glitched out killcam. My brother was playing Warzone, and when he killed opponents, his screen becomes a killcam screen.. like, WTF?

No. The edit button is not usable by anyone but mods/admins because a user abused the edit button. I've merged your posts, though. :)

Nope.
How did someone abuse the edit button? Please don’t let others suffer for one persons bad behaviour :(

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
How did someone abuse the edit button? Please don’t let others suffer for one persons bad behaviour :(
The person started a thread, then a few years later... the person "purged" the thread by removing the text. A big no-no for SEO. I lose money that way. Because, Google deranks pages that looks empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.